Final Days with Berryz ♦ 'Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka ni / Futsuu Idol 10nen Yatterannai Deshou?!' Single + MV Review!

After the release of Berryz Koubou's 'Be Genki <Naseba Naru!>' single, the rest of their singles ended up as either a success or a flop. Or maybe both, since Hello! Project started doing all these double A-side singles. It was either or. We're gonna skip ahead to their 10th anniversary single, which is...

AI WA ITSUMO KIMI NO NAKA NI / 
FUTSUU IDOL 10NEN YATTERANNAI DESHOU?

☆*✲゚*。☆*✲゚*。☆*✲゚*。☆*✲゚*。(((´‿`+)))。*゚✲*☆。*゚✲*☆ 。*゚✲*☆ 。*゚✲*☆ 

At first, I wasn't quite excited for this single. While I did love '1-oku 3-zenman Sou Diet Oukoku,' I did not like 'Otona na no yo!' at all. However, when the music videos for both of these songs [Ai wa Itsumo/Futsuu Idol] came out, I was sincerely surprised. I actually like these two songs. It's honestly been quite some time (in this case, a few years more or less) since I really loved an entire single. While there are a few things in both songs that are iffy, the single is generally good. It is passable. So let's move on with the review~

- - 01. 愛はいつも君の中に - - 

Honestly, I'd completely understand if people were to describe this music video as cheap. At first, I also thought that the music video was quite cheap as well. This was your standard Hello! Project music video. It didn't seem that unique. However, the way that the music video was filmed made it seem more than that. It made it look as if this was finely made high-quality video.

The setting was rather plain and simple. The girls was placed in a box set, and there was a red carpet on the floor. However, the room was rather dark with one light source in the background. Or something, they'd leave the room completely dark and some color light would pop up slowly. Honestly, it helped create a much more darker and mysterious vibe to the music video. It made it seem much more cooler. I also really did like the shadows in the background. I also really did like the different camera angles that they used for this video.

The close-up scenes were very simple as well. In the background were each girl's respective member color. Honestly, the close-up didn't really felt out of place. So that was a good thing. The dance was rather simple. It wasn't a completely complex dance. However, it really did stick to the majestic military theme that the song and the music video was doing. They did a few well-known military hand signs, they sorta marched in place- they really did their best to stick to the theme. And I commend them for that.

All the girls pretty much look amazing in this music video, all of them. No one looked out of place. In my own opinion, everyone looked as if they were perfectly in sync. The outfits for each girl was slightly different. However, they were all black and somewhat resembled a military unicorn- including the hat. They all looked very cool. They were showing off their more mature, adult-side to them. They all looked fierce, okay? Even Momoko, who's known for her somewhat annoying girly character, looked pretty cool.

I think everyone stood out to me pretty equally. However, if I had to choose one, I'd say that Risako really stood out to me in this music video. She was in the center- she was working it. She looked really cool yet at the same time, she also looked gorgeous. I love her hair in this music video. I don't know, she just really stood out to me. Miyabi also looked very pretty in this music video too. Overall, it was a good music video. I love the military-like theme.

Going with the military-theme, the song also has that sort of feel to it. Immediately after listening to the song for the first time, I instantly fell in love with it. Berryz Koubou is known to be a group who experiments with lots of different sounds, which can either be a hit or miss. In this case, it's a hit. They really pulled off this song extremely well. I honestly cannot imagine any other group singing this song. It has to be Berryz Koubou.

Just from the song, I feel this strong sense of power. It's somewhat similar to 'Otakebi Boy WAO!' in this case. The song, while rambling this and that about love, also has a handful lyrics that really hits you. There's seriously a sense of realism in this song. The song seems to be realistic a majority of the time. The realistic lyrics and the lyrics about love together somewhat confused me. I couldn't really get a clear message of the song. However, it'll let it slide for now.

The girls delivered very solid vocals for the song, and I whole heartedly commend them for that. They delivered very strong vocals and sound a bit lower than usual. They sound powerful in this song. It makes me wish that Berryz Koubou could sing more songs similar to this. Overall, this is a very catchy song. It's has a strong military-like sound to it. It's sounds somewhat majestic too. I don't think one can really dislike this song. It's really good!

- - 02. 普通、アイドル10年やってらんないでしょ!? - - 

Moving onto the next song- this is their 10th anniversary song. Honestly, I thought that they were really dragging on the 10th anniversary talk and such. However, I was just in complete shock when the group announced that they were disbanding- 'going on an indefinite hiatus.' I guess, now I understand why they were going on with the 10th anniversary stuff for so long. Honestly, I actually do like this song. However, out of the two, I like 'Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka ni' more. Nonetheless, this is still a pretty decent song. I like it~

The music video was rather.. decent enough. This is a music video within Hello! Project standards. It wasn't completely amazing. However, it's rather passable. The setting of the music video was rather simple. It was your ordinary warehouse-studio set. In the background were colleges of the groups' pictures over the course of ten years. There were two random purple curtains that were placed to help improve the setting, along with some lights here and there. 

Honestly, I wish that they would put more effort into making this music video. They should do more than just put a picture collage of the group in the background. However, considering that they put more money into the other music video, I'll let that slide for now. I can tolerate it. When I first watched this music video, I found the dance to be rather weird. They had these weird battle poses. But then I thought.. the idol world is a battlefield. They're all trying to survive. Also, 2014 was the year of the horse Ahhh, I see what they did there~

Honestly, I have quite mixed feelings about the outfits. Some girls looked great in their outfits, some do not. Let us take Risako, for example. She does not look.. great in this music video. I did not particularly like her hair. And her outfit makes her look very old. However, I know that Risako's a much more beautiful girl. Miyabi, on the other hand, looks very gorgeous in this. And usually.. for the past couple singles.. I've been not liking her appearance. She looks so pretty. I wish I was pretty like her. ;3; Saki was really pretty in this music video too.

Overall, I guess I do like this music video. There were a few things that I did not like. However, I think the good outweighs the bad in this one. This is not their best music video; however, be thankful that it's not totally bad.. like 'Otona na no yo!' and 'Asian Celebration.' I know that I'm completely grateful. Moving on from the video, let's start talking about the song. When I first listened to it, I kinda like it. I wasn't totally in love with it. However, it grew onto me.

I find this to be a very straight-forward and true song about an idol's life. Honestly, I think that it's a huge achievement that one can be a somewhat successful idol for ten years. That's just.. amazing. It's a bit of serious song with such a very up-beat feel to it. In my opinion, I think it's supposed to be taken light-heartedly, despite it being a semi-serious subject. It's very catchy. The song doesn't sound that overwhelming at all. It makes you wanna dance to it.

I feel like this song contains Berryz Koubou's true opinions about being an idol for ten years. There are a handful lyrics of this such as 'I live everyday with the pride of having given up my youth for this / I gave up all my weekends.' However, aside from that, there are other lyrics that speaks the truth about idol culture such as anyone can be an idol (look at AKB48 for example). This is a very realistic song. Also, I want to point out that the song has a bit of the country-feel to it. I could really hear the banjo. Also, there's the sound of horse neighing. I don't really like it, but oh wells~ I'll go with it.

☆*✲゚*。☆*✲゚*。☆*✲゚*。☆*✲゚*。(((´‿`+)))。*゚✲*☆。*゚✲*☆ 。*゚✲*☆ 。*゚✲*☆

And that's about it for my review for their second-to-last single. Honestly, I did like this single. It's a pretty good single. I really thought that Berryz Koubou was starting to really improve in their music again. However, I'm still really sad to hear that they're disbanded- 'going on an indefinite hiatus.' I guess they just fell too far behind a bit. Well.. Until my next post, jyaa ne~

MUSIC; 正夢 / あぁ!
MOOD; In a writing mood! φ(゚ ω゚//)♡

Comments

Popular Posts