My 300th Post! Houkago Princess' Romantic Twist on Madame Déficit

This was supposed to be posted on Valentine's Day, but then I got really lazy and procrastinated a lot. Hey, it's better late than never. This is actually my first review of the new year as well as my 300th post. I finally reached it, the big 3-0-0. Anyways, today I will be reviewing Houkago Princess' newest song titled Junpaku Antoinette. Or how I would to call, their romantic twist on Madame Déficit.
I'll be honest. I don't necessarily think that highly of Marie Antoinette. She was called Madame Déficit for a reason. However, I will acknowledge that she is one of the most famous historical figures in history. When I first heard that Houkago Princess would do their second single on the French queen, I felt a bit wary - wondering how they'll portray her in the song. This single ended up sounded extremely romantic and so pretty. I was just an awe at how nice this single turned out. I still don't know the translation so I'm not sure about whether they sang positively or negatively about Marie Antoinette. The songs seems positive. It seems. I'm assuming. I'm not completely right.

So let's first talk about the music video, which in my opinion - may be my most favorite music video from them yet. I love how simple and clean the setting was. Aside from the pastel flowers and the French treats (I see macarons! ♥), the setting wasn't really that chaotic. I love it. Another thing I love about the music video was how they did a diamond-crystal effect for the close-up. The last time I saw this kind of effect was for the close-ups in Morning Musume's Only you music video. However, I believe Houkago Princess did it better. The effect is more subtle – softer, I guess – and prettier.

Thank god that they did not apply the hideous borders for this music video. In their previous single, they applied a hideout flower border on the dance shot and it kinda ruined everything for me. So I feel so relieved that they didn't do that. Also, they didn't really include a dance shot in this music video. However, Saori had her own solo dance (I love the soft glitter effect!) with Maika singing. I love it. And the reason I love it was because Saori had some ballet moves incorporated into her solo dance and ballet become very big in France. Also, when Maika sang - the music changed into a baroque style. And Baroque music was known to be quite big in France. It didn;t originate in France but there was an era of Baroque music.  I'm just loving all these French influences in the music video!

Okay, I'm just rambling so I need to get back on track. So now let's talk about the outfits. Everyone just looks so beautiful, especially Maika. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the dresses but Houkago Princess just work the outfits so well- I don't care anymore. Everyone looks so elegant and I love how their hair is styled into nice buns and curls. The flowers was a beautiful touch. Thank god they didn't wear white wigs. I was never a huge fan of the white wig in French fashion. Again, everyone looks elegant and sweet. I have no problem with the outfits. They really went all out.

So I think I covered most of the music video so let's move onto the song. As Chiima said in her post, Houkago Princess went with a cute sound for their debut mini-album. Then, they went with a much more cooler sound for their major first single. And now for their second, they've gone with a more romantic (and sweet) sound. I love how they're consistent with their princess/queen-themed singles but is able to have a variety of sounds for their songs. Although Kiete, Shirayukihime will be most my favorite song from them, Junpaku Antoinette has become my second most favorite. ♥

While I'm not that much of a fan of their the group's fairly high voices, I believe everyone just sounded amazing in this song. Their fairly high voices really suit the pretty, romantic sound of the song. Agh, this song is so pretty. There's nothing I dislike about the song! I still have yet to see a translation of the song. But from the sound, it seems they're singing about the French in a positive light - I'm assuming. I may not be right. I may be wrong. Nonetheless, this is a very pretty song and I love it very very very much. I love Junpaku Antoinette.

Will I get the single? Heck, yeah. The CD covers are absolutely pretty and I love the song along with the music video. It's a bit of shame that Ayase Miho will be leaving the group after this single, so I do wish her the best. I love the music video. I love how pretty the song is. Now I wonder what princess or queen they'll sing about next. If it comes to fairytale princess, I want to see them sing a song about Rapunzel or Sleeping Beauty. If it comes to a historical monarch, then I want to see the group try to do a cooler, darker sound with a queen like Anne Boleyn. That'll be interesting.

What princess/queen do you think Houkago Princess should sing about next? I want to know your opinions in the comments down below. ♥ Until my next post, jyaa ne~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MUSIC; 純白アントワネット / 放課後プリンセス
MOOD; I'm tired but I need to work. (•̥́_•ૅू˳)

Comments

Popular Posts