Shall we dance? Initial Thoughts on JUMP's "Masquerade" Short MV

For the first time in forever~ I actually like something from JUMP~ ♪ It has been so long since I actually liked something from Hey! Say! JUMP. I'll admit, I wasn't really too crazy about their last two singles which were Kimi Attraction and Maji SUNSHINE. I was getting really tired of the group doing these cutesy themes. They are adults. They need to do something more mature. And I believe I finally got what I wished for!
For their new album DEAR (coming out late July), they have released a short music video of their promotional song Masquerade.Will it be amazing and what I wished for? Or will Johnny's yet again ruin it for me? Let's start this review, shall we?~

It's been so long since I've written a review on JUMP. It has been so long. Again, as I said before, I didn't really like their previous two singles. I tried to, but I just couldn't. After their fourth album, I just couldn't really tolerate their cutesy, boys-next-door theme they were doing. I had enough of cutesy stuff, something I've been getting from Sexy Zone kinda. (Geez, their last single was absolutely horrible.) They needed to do something more mature, more cool, more enchanting.

My initial thoughts about the song (I listened to the radio preview before watching the music video) was that I really liked it. It had this big band, jazz, kinda baroque-ish feel to it that somehow blended together quite nicely. For some moments of the song, it really did reminded me of AAA's Kuchibiru Kara Romantica. The vocals are really nice, especially Yabu's. Even though he did not have that many solo lines, he still really shined and I need more songs with Yabu as the center please. The "Shall we dance, my honey?" part was a bit cheesy. But I like it. I'll let it pass for now.

Knowing the song has a really classy feel to it, I really wished that the music video would be kinda similar to Nissy's SUGAR music video – the music video would have that elegant, classy look to it. However, knowing Johnny's, we'll probably get some really bad music video with CG or something. I was wrong and I have never been so glad to be wrong. My wish was fulfilled! They actually put some money into this music video and I love it. Aside from Kira Kira Hikare and a few select others, this is probably their best music video so far.

I cannot comment on the dance, because Johnny's never released dance shot videos and this music video was a bit fast paced (it's gonna be really hard to gif, oh dear lord). I'll wait for when they do a live performance of this song. However, so far, I think the choreography is okay and really suits the song. All I remember was Chinen doing a semi-flip in the beginning, Yamada being in the center, lots of twists and turns. I really like how there are a few scenes with the guys on their own, dancing by themselves. I really like that~ I hope to see more of that in the rest of the music video~

The setting is gorgeous, all around, which helps give the music video that elegant and classy feel to it. With a setting that gorgeous and a masquerade theme, I want to see the guys dancing with some pretty girls. Fangirls, I know you don't want that to happen. But think about it? It has to happen! It would make the music video even better! It'll make really come to life, add some plot to the music video~ Oh, and don't get me started on the outfits. I feel so incredibly happy, right now. I love the suits SO MUCH. Every single member of Hey! Say! JUMP looks great! Yamada has always been my bias in the group, but- the members who stood out the most to me are:

Yabu, who's rocking the blonde hair. He looks so stylish and mature and classy.

Hikaru. He's an ikemen. The gold vest really suits him. So cool.

Keito, who's rocking his suit. He looks so cool. His hair is great.

I feel so incredibly happy right now with the outfits. Each outfit is different for each members. I am sensing a gold-black-silverish color scheme going on, which goes with the elegant theme. Please, please let them wear it more for live performances. I love it. I love it so much. I think this is the first time I've been this incredibly happy with a Johnny's music video. Usually, I'd have quite a handful of negative things to say. But today, I just don't. I like this music video. I probably will jinx myself and hate the rest of the music video, probably. But for now, I just love it.

I feel so happy with this short music video. I love the song.

So that's it. That's all I have to say about JUMP's new music video. Remember, it's a short music video so I can't really say much about it. I'm actually looking forward to watching the rest of the music video. Keeping my hopes up that it'll still be great from start to finish. Until my next post, jyaa ne~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MUSIC; Viva! 9's SOUL / Hey! Say! JUMP
MOOD; Happy! I finished a review! Woot!(๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و

Comments

Popular Posts