ºC-ute Appreciation Week! ☆ Day One: My Favorite Member

So we have about a little more than a week left until ºC-ute's final concert and their impending disbandment. It's very typical to see bloggers doing reviews or other similar entries about the group and their songs. I kinda wanted to do the same thing. However, this group has been around for a little more than than ten years. They're last of their generation- they lasted this long. They're my one of my ultimate favorite idol groups out there. I want to do something different.

Hence, Welcome to ºC-ute Appreciation Week where I'll be talking about other things about the group aside from just reviewing their songs~ Here is Day One: My Favorite ˚C-ute Member. And my favorite member of ˚C-ute is none other than... /drum roll;

♡ SUZUKI AIRI ♡

Airi has always been a member that really stood out to me, especially in the beginning. It was also because of her that I got to know the group as well. I first saw her when I started listening to Buono! years ago. As I tried to find out more information about the group, I learn about the other Hello! Project groups - especially ºC-ute. In a sense, with some weird correlation on my part, it was because of her that really got me into the whole J-pop scene, the J-pop black hole of no return. This was where it all began.

Fun fact: I used to mistake her for Momoko a lot for some reason when I was first introduced to all these groups. I don't know, she just looks like a Momoko? /whacked;

I'll admit, there were some moments where I didn't really quite like Airi. I thought she was really overrated sometimes and was always in the spotlight. I had this sort of "shoved right in my face" kind of feeling when it came to visuals. However, what really made me come to really just love Airi so much and become my most favorite member from the group was one thing: her voice. It was her voice that just sealed the deal for me. Her really pretty, eyecandy looks felt more a bonus.

She is one hell of a vocalist and dare I say it– she is the best vocalist of the group and one of the best Hello! Project has ever put out. Sorry for any Chissa, Maimi, or Megumi fans out there. This is just my opinion. I personally feel like as she gets older, her voice just gets even more better than before. There are songs from Hello! Project that I personally don't like but then she does a cover and bam! I like that song now. For example, Memory Seishun no Hikari. I was never much of a fan of it but then she did a cover- and suddenly everything just clicks. Maimi's solo song, Natsu Doki Lipstick? I thought it was okay and then I listened to her cover- bam! It became my jam at that moment. Her voice just does wonders. It's probably just me. I'm just weird like that /whacked;

While her voice was a big part of why I came to really like Airi- I know that she's more than just a singer. From my own perspective, she's just one big dork. She's really lovely and chipper. I always enjoy reading her blogs. They always really amuse me in some way and makes me smile sometimes. On stage, she has this image of being a really glamorous main vocalist. However, once you take the singing aspect out of her, she's just a happy-go-lucky girl. In addition, she's a great model. I think modeling is a field she does well in. She's really cute and stylish. I really do look up to Airi, in terms of her just happy personality and her own sense of style.

So what will happen to her now after ºC-ute's disbandment? I was sincerely hoping that she continues to be a singer as she really does have a wonderful voice. However, I completely understood if she didn't because after being an idol for twelve years- that can have a personal toll on someone. However, recently she announced that she will continue singing as a solo artist. As a fan, that makes me really happy to know that she will. Although, I do hope that Airi transfers to another agency instead.  Hear me out, we all know how bad Hello! Project can be. I mean, Morning Musume has been on the verge of flopping out twice (during the Platinum era, and kinda right now). She should transfer to another agency who can promote her better, help her gather a bigger audience outside of Hello! Project, and just provide her better quality stuff. You know?

Airi is my favorite member and from my general observation, she is fairly well-liked. I love her vocals, her visuals, her personality, her sense of style. When I was younger, I really looked up to her and I still do today. I really do adore all of the members of ºC-ute but as the title of this entry says, this is an entry dedicated to my most favorite member of the group. I sincerely do wish Airi the best of luck in the future. And I am looking forward to any future music she'll put out.

Comments

Popular Posts