ºC-ute Appreciation Week! ☆ Day Three: My Favorite Songs

Welcome back to ˚C-ute Appreciation Week, everyone – where I'll be talking about other things about the group aside from just reviewing their songs. It is now officially day three~ Yesterday, I talked to you all about my favorite music videos from the group. Today, I'll be writing about my absolute favorite songs from the group. Sometimes, the song is so great that the music video can just not do it any justice. There are a lot of songs that I really do love from the group compared to music videos. And so my favorite songs from the group, in no particular order, are... /drumroll;

TRACK ONE ► 涙の色
This was the vert first song from ºC-ute that I have ever listened to and I still listen to today. It's such a bop (yes, I said bop. I am very old) but not that popular in the fandom from my observation. The song is incredibly catchy, especially with the European/Spanish guitar-esque instrumental. I also quite like the lyrics of the song as well. With the original version of the song, Juliet Juliet, released- the group has been performing that a bit more recently. In my own personal opinion, I like this version more. Everything just sounds better and the lyrics flow so much better than before. It's been years and I will still not stop listening to this song.

TRACK TWO ► MIDNIGHT TEMPTATION
Out of all the songs from their sixth album, this is my favorite and the most memorable song from the album. To be honest, I'm just not that much of a fan of their sixth album (nor the seventh).. but this song though- it was my jam okay? The song is incredibly catchy and on the more "cooler" side of the song spectrum of ºC-ute. Every single live performance of the song has been pretty great, in my opinion. One of my favorite parts of the song would have to be the guitar riff during the music break. I sincerely do hope that the group performs this one last time during the final concert. It's just a pretty epic song, okay? (in terms of Hello! Project).

TRACK THREE ► I MISS YOU
Fight me on this as I dare say that this song had one of the best music videos the group has to offer but also a really fantastic song. When this was first released, it was absolutely love at first sight for me and is still one of the songs I still listen to repeatedly up to today. I feel like the overlaying of the different lyrics and vocals is what makes the song unique. I think it really shows the complicated mess of feelings that can go through a girl's head. It's classy, modern. I love the underlying sound of baroque that was in the song. 10/10 would recommend listening to again. 

TRACK FOUR ► 男と女とFOREVER
Honestly, ºC-ute's ninth album was such a blessing because it was filled so many great bops (Yes, I said bops again. I regret nothing). Ugh, I love so many of the songs that was featured on that album but I've chosen my most favorite for this entry. Onna to Otoko to Forever is a super jazzy track and the live performance of this was amazing. It really does help enhance that old, jazz feel from the previous century and actually went great with the cabaret look that ºC-ute was going for during their concert. Chisato was absolutely amazing in this song. This suits her vocals so much and I cannot imagine anyone else being center.

TRACK FIVE ► 夢幻クライマックス
Another song that is more on the "cooler" side of the spectrum of ºC-ute songs. I absolutely do love the darker, vampire-like image they were going for. This is certainly one of the more memorable songs for me since it samples the third movement of Moonlight Sonata. Another thing that makes it memorable was how the writer was able to incorporate the names of all the members in the lyrics. The whole feel of the song was quite classy yet at the same time, felt very vintage-like due to the classical sample. Random fact, because of this song and the music video, I feel weirdly inspired to write a vampire fanfic featuring ºC-ute as vampire sisters. /whacked;

TRACK SIX ► 情熱エクスタシー
Yes, I included another song from their ninth album. I did say that the album had so many great bops after all. What's one word I could describe this song? Epic. Okay, it's not really that epic of a song but for Hello! Project standards - it kinda is. I usually like to think of this song as the ºC-ute anthem. This songs just helps get the tension up, get everyone's energy up. It really helps gets the crowd all pump up at the concerts, especially with the "C-U-T-E" part. This is my most favorite song from the album and the one I looked forward to the most before it's release. Also, Nakky is center! Yay~

TRACK SEVEN ► 我武者LIFE
Honest to God, if the group doesn't perform this song at their final concert and performs To Tomorrow or something- I'm gonna fight someone. Well, not really. I'm a pretty weak person but you kinda get what I mean. For the past year or so, the group has released quite a handful of goodbye songs. This song is probably one of the best and the most memorable. It was my most favorite track on the single and I loved this music video the most from that single as well. It's quite bittersweet and very sentimental. The girls aren't singing about being idols and the like- rather they're singing about how they managed to get through things together, their friendship over the years and reflecting on past experiences they faced together.

TRACK EIGHT ► SINGING ~あの頃のように~
Another really lovely and bittersweet goodbye song from the group. While the previous track mostly focused on their friendship over the years, this song mostly focused on each girls' personal experience as an idol over the course of a decade. They've all experienced troubles throughout their career but at the same time, they don't regret it because they loved singing. This was also another memorable song from the single and another song I love very much. I sincerely do hope that they sing this song in their final concert. Like, the encore could be perfect with this song, Gamusha LIFE, and the Final Squall. The perfect goodbye song trilogy. It'll be pretty damn great. /whacked;

TRACK NINE ► 羨んじゃう
Okay, this is the last track from the album- I promise! Here is another song from the album that I love. Usually, there are a lot of songs that are about romance and the girl pining over the girl or something else of the like. What makes this song unique that it's kinda not about that. The song is more of a "Screw love! I have work to do. I don't have time for it. Leave me alone" which makes me really amused. The song is an odd mixture of a sort of electro-jazz sound which works really well. Airi did so well in this song as center. The sort of song suits her vocals the most in my opinion.

TRACK TEN ► ファイナルスコール
Last but not least, here is a song from their final single. In my opinion, this was the only song that I liked on their final single and the one that made the most impact for me out of the three. When I read the characters for the song, I honestly thought it meant "Final Score" since the last couple characters reads out "su-co-o-ru." Honestly, any title can work because they really emphasize the storm in this song and it's one of the final songs. This is another one of their goodbye songs but it's different in it's own way.  They're not singing about a reflection of themselves or their experiences. Rather, they're singing about how they know this is the end for now but they're going to pull through. They're gonna pull through this 'squall.' They'll see each other again. It's very bittersweet but I feel like it's the perfect ending for the group. Aside from that, it's very catchy and the vocals are amazing.

So those are my favorite songs from the group. These are the songs that I listen to the most, they're my ultimate favorite songs of all time. Now I want to know, what are your favorite songs from ºC-ute? Write them down in the comments below and I would love to read it! Don't forget to stay tuned for day four~

Comments

Popular Posts