Kudo Haruka Appreciation Week ♡ One Song

(Shxt, I'm super late on this. I have entries backed up but I couldn't post anything because I've been busy with school. Duu, forgive me! I have disappointed you! /cries; )

It's time for the tear fest to begin. I sincerely didn't want to do it because I'm just gonna get super depressed doing this. On this coming December 11, Kudo Haruka will finally graduate from Morning Musume. Oh god, I can feel my heart slowly breaking into more tiny pieces the more I think about it. So, as she is my most favorite member from Morning Musume, I personally wanted to do an appreciation week for her but it's going to be a tiny bit different this time around.

Welcome to Kudo Haruka Appreciation Week, where I'll be talking about things related to Duu and not just reviewing songs and music videos all week long (that gets really tiring after a few days, really). Here is Day One and today I'll be talking about one song which is– /drum roll;

When you think of a song that relates to Kudo Haruka, you might think Oh my wish! or Sexy Cat no Enzetsu since she was center for those two songs. Another song might be Wakaindashi!, which is basically her graduation song or maybe even Moshimo since she sang solo for that. Today, I'll actually be talking about One • Two • Three - the group's fiftieth single. I know have many mixed feelings about it. It's a really hit or miss single. However, there's a sense of nostalgia for me when it comes to this song because I feel that this was the song that really put Haruka in a permanent spot as my favorite member of Morning Musume. It was the single that really made me notice her.

Okay, I'll admit briefly that I don't quite like the song as much as I did before. However, for smol Airi back then, this song was everything.

Up until the release of the single, I wasn't really attached to any of the newer members of that time. I'll be completely honest, the only reason why I kinda paid attention to Haruka was because of her surname which was the same as Kudo Shinichi (I'm a Detective Conan nerd, I couldn't help myself. Still can't even today, actually). I barely noticed her. However, when the music video for the single came out, I was instantly blown away by Haruka. Like goddamn, she looked so pretty!
Look at her, she was so pretty! How did I not pay attention to her before?!
She should have been center for all I care! She was absolutely gorgeous.
Smol Airi: There could never really be anyone after Aika. I just can't get attached to anyone in the group and Risa's already gone. I don't know anything about the newbies–
Airi, after One • Two • Three: ERMAHGAWD. KUDO HARUKA. SO DAMN PRETTY.

Guys, that is literally what happened five years ago. I'm not joking. Although, I initially noticed Haruka due to her looks- it gave me that push to get to know more about this 10ki member. Once I got to know more about her, I just fell in love with her personality. Duu was charming in her own way and her boyish character in the group made her stand out even more. Also, at the time, she and Marius looked so much alike back then (and if anyone who knew me back then, they would know that I was big Sexy Zone stan) and I was all for this new imaginary OTP (I still am, shamelessly. I will go down with it.)

It was very obviously that Haruka wasn't as pushed to the front in this single compared to more recently (granted, she is not the 'ace.' At the moment, Mizuki or Sakura or maybe even Maria have been pushed further but Haruka is still one of the more popular members). She has one syllable (two maybe three if you wanna push it) for a solo part. And she was mostly in the back or off to the side for the majority of the dance. She wasn't supposed to be noticeable, she wasn't supposed be the star - Reina and Riho were supposed to be the that. However, none of that really stopped me from just looking at Duu the entire time.

I don't want to turn this into a review because this isn't the main point of the entry. This week is all about Haruka and this song was the reason why I finally noticed her and it made her become my favorite - if you can understand what I'm talking about. I'm sorry, I've just been rambling the entire time. Personally, I don't like the song as much as I used to back then. However, this song still has some nostalgia for me and it was because of this that I got to know Haruka.

Just to ease the slight serious atmosphere that I created for myself in this post, I'm gonna admit this- just for shxts and giggles, I had the idea of writing Love Machine for this entry because Morning Musume and Sexy Zone recently collaborated together on that. It was the duet I never asked for, but the one I never knew that I needed. And if this happened to smol Airi years ago, she would have squealing uncontrollable for this next couple months. Plus there's the ship, the imaginary MariDuu OTP– /sigh; Unless those two worked in a drama together (which is unlikely), this is probably the closest Marius and Haruka are ever gonna be.

Overall, thank you One • Two • Three for being the song that made me finally notice the beauty and charm that is Kudo Haruka. There's a part of me that wants this song to be featured in her graduation concert simply nostalgic reasons, but I know they probably wouldn't. Doesn't hurt to hope though, right?~

Comments

Popular Posts