Single & MV Review : Sexy Zone - Sexy Summer ni Yuki ga Furu

Hello~ It is I, Airi. And I have returned with another review~ This time I shall do ...

Sexy Zone's Sexy Summer ni Yuki ga Furu

The single was released recently on October 3rd while the MV ... hmm, if I can remember, it was posted on maybe the 2nd ... or the 4th. I'm not really sure, I can't really remember. I have such bad memory. All I remember was that the MV was posted on FaceBook. Anyways, now is the start of my review!

The single contained four songs: the title track (Sexy Summer), Kimi no Tame Boku ga Iru, Ame Datte, and Bayside Elegy (only on the regular edition). Before the single was actually released, people had already uploaded the DL links of the single. So yea, I downloaded the single ahead of time. I listened to all the songs, and I really liked it.

Sexy Summer ni Yuki ga Furu → I really liked the song. It really had a Christmas feeling to it (now I know what song to play when Christmas comes). Of course, there was the FumaKen lead and Shori had a solo in the beginning of the song. I expected the beginning solo to be sung by either Fuma or Kento, because of the performances that I saw before the studio version of the song was released. By either way, I really like the song~

Kimi no Tame Boku ga Iru → Shori wrote this song~ It was music theme for the Volleyball Olympics (?) if I can recall .. But they finally released a studio version of it! So I'm happy~ The lines distribution didn't really change. Shori had one solo line as always while FumaKen dominated the song. It's still a really nice song, Shori should write more songs.

Ame Datte → The song by the sub-unit Sexy Boyz which included Mattsu, Mari, and the Juniors. I really, really like the song. It's a very cute song! I mean, it's cute! Also, I could actually hear Mari's vocals clearly in the chorus! Mattsuu's vocals blended in with the other vocals, balancing out the song which is really good as well. Overall, this is too cute of a song. I want them to sing more!

Bayside Elegy → When I first saw the title I was thinking to myself, "Oh no ... a sad song ... " I learned in school about elegies and how they're poems that expresses mourning, death, etc. I'm not fluent in Japanese so I couldn't understand the song. But I really liked the meledy, FumaKen was amazing as always, etc. It's a really good song in my opinion.

And now, the MV review. I can't really post the MV here, but I'll just tell you my thoughts.

(note the scenes are mixed up, not in the order that I am telling you guys in)

The MV was cute. Like it was seriously cute. It shows different scenes representing the four different seasons. Like in one scene, it was a spring-like with so many Sakura trees and all. That scene featured Sexy Boyz and they were all wearing pink to match the background. I'm a tomboy, I don't really pink but this is an exception. I loved the "spring" parts of the MV.

There was also a summer scene with people wearing Hawaiian-like shirts and all. It was all sky blue and rainbow-y which I really like when it comes to summer-themed stuff. Everyone looked like they were having so much fun, I really liked it~

Next was representing Autumn and everyone was so FASHIONABLE. ermahgawd, I loved their clothes and I don't usually care about fashion. I really like Shori's outfit. He had like ripped red jeans, a black jacket, etc. He looked so fashionable but then Mattsuu's fashionable too. And Mari's cute. And there was a catwalk as well. At one point, NakaKen was playing the piano too. And then there was another scene when they were playing with a big green apple, it was cute~

The remaining scenes were all winter. It was snowing, it was all white, the guys were in the Christmas, santa outfits. Juniors were dancing with them, and at the end each member had their own dialogue~ I loved it. Mari said "I miss you~" in English and Shori said "Aishiteru." Gya .. my feelings.

So yea, I really loved the single and the MV. So to all my fellw JPOP fans, buy this single!

Comments

Popular Posts