Flashback Friday! Morning Musume's Triple A-side!

You know guys, it's practically April in less than a week and yet .. I still have snow outside and temperatures dropping to below 30˚F. I'm stuck in an eternal winter! /randomly blasts 'let it go' from frozen; I regret nothing~
(GIF CREDIT: ME. I MADE IT, BOO-YEAH~)

Finally! I finally get to do a Flashback Friday! post after so long. I'm trying to get back into the habit of going back to update my blog weekly now. However, school is always in the way. I honestly can't wait for spring break to come by. 10 free days to just do anything~ In this case, I'm just gonna update my blog even more and probably update my LiveJournal. This review on Morning Musume's triple A-side is long overdue so let's get started!

• Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa •

This song was release exactly on Christmas of 2013 and it's a really good Christmas present~ Let's start off with the MV first. To be honest, I really did like the MV. It's really unique and really reminded me of the graphics they used in ˚C-ute's Tokai no Hitorigurashi. It was a really simple MV with very simple white outfits. However, they gave it such a nice twist with the infinite number of sky graphics~ I absolutely loved it. I fell in love with it~ Haha~

This is a really pretty MV, I'll admit. It ended up being one of my favorite MVs back in 2013. However, in my own opinion, I feel like the dance was pretty weak for this song. We did have a pretty strong formation; however, there was no significant dance move that wowed me. It seems to be a pretty easy dance and that anyone could do it really with a little practice. However, since the theme for the MV is mostly simple, I think I'll let the cut the dance some slack for now.

Although it had a really pretty MV, I honestly wasn't that much of a fan of the main white outfits. The girls did rock them as always; however, I wish that they could've have done something more colorful - like they could've worn the casual clothes (from the group close up) the majority of the MV.  It's because there was already too much white in the MV. We already had the setting being 90% white, I think the white outfits just overdid it a bit. Also, only Erina and Harunan were wearing long pants. I would've preferred for them to wear a skirt or shorts like everyone else. They seemed out of place with those long pants.

The close-ups were really pretty though. I really loved the close-ups. Everyone looked so beautiful in this MV, especially Sakura. Sakura looked amazing in this MV. She looked absolutely be-au-ti-ful.  Sakura just stood out the most in this MV. Somehow, Riho just kind of annoyed me in this MV. She also had her own special moment as she was the only one to have that whole sun scene thingy. In my mind it was all, "I'm the Queen of Cider! All Hail Cider Queen Riho! Shuwa Shuwa Pon, bishes!~" lol. But seriously though, I wished everyone had their own little sun moment.

At first, I wasn't technically a fan of this song. It seems a bit weird to me and way too simple. I honestly didn't like the rushed parts of the song. Even now, I don't really like the rushed parts that much but eventually I got used to it. Plus Ayumi's parts during the chorus didn't really appeal to me either. When her part just came up, all I heard was Tsunku. Tsunku, Tsunku, Tsunku. (May the lord bless Tsunku on a healthy recovery. ;-;) The song was really simple. After awhile, it didn't really wow me anymore. It's really cheerful song though, it has such nice lyrics to it~ The lyrics are happy and reassuring~

• Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai •

NIPPON! NIPPON! NIPPON NIPPON NIPPON! I really liked this song from the start~ I really do~ This was the last song they revealed before the release of the single. I really really really liked this~ Especially the Nippon Nippon Nippon! parts. NIPPON! NIPPON! NIPPON NIPPON NIPPON! I'm weird, I'm sorry.

The MV was actually really, really nice despite it being the usual studio set Hello! Project MV. It was actually really polished and organized. Everything really flowed well together~ It transitioned well together~ Although, I kinda expected more than this. I was expecting something unexpected~ Something weird! Something that pops out - stands out in the MV! However, I am satisfied with what they gave us for the MV. The song is to cheer on the Japanese Team for the The Winter Oympics~ Sochi~ Oh my god, Yuzuru Hanyu is just absolutely gorgeous. Plus him and his little Pooh Bear Plush/Tissue Box Thing, ahh~ He's so adorable~ .... Ehem, moving on with the review.

The majority of the MV was mostly red. We had the red curtains in the dance shot and the red flowing ribbons in the close up. RED. RED. RED. I really liked how they did color blocking by making the scenery red and the girls outfits black and teal. By the way, I love their outfits. I love love love it~ Especially Riho's outfits, she looked gorgeous in hers. Back to what I saw saying about red, if you remember the Japanese flag - it's white with a red dot on it. Red is kinda of Japan's main color ish~ So I thought that the all the redness in the MV symbolized the Japanese flag - or at least referred to it, which is really cool~

The dance was really strong and firm for this song. I really liked the dance. I really liked the whole Riho-Ayu part in the beginning and in the end. Although, the dance may be strong but it's still pretty simple as well in my opinion. Also, if you noticed in some lives, at the end of their dance - the girls formed the five Olympic rings. In the official dance shot, they didn't do it which was kind of disappointing. I thought that would've been a nice touch since this song is for the Winter Olympics after all. Oh wells, it can't be helped.

The song was okay-ish in the beginning but since then I've grown onto it and became addicted to it. However, some of the lyrics didn't transition well one another and were kind of weird. My favorite part of the song was the obvious NIPPON! NIPPON! NIPPON NIPPON NIPPON! That was awesome and I loved it. Besides that, everything else was meh. Although the THEORY IRONY by Sakura and Riho was also a bit cool as well.

• What is LOVE? •

And lastly, everyone's favorite song but most hated MV, What is LOVE? (which was first introduced on J-Melo as its special ending theme.) When I first saw this song performed on J-Melo, I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY. I fell in love with the song the minute I heard it. The song was really really cool and I love Masaki and Sayu's lines in this. WHAT DO YOU WANT? IS IT NECESSARY?

Okay, I'll admit. I was a bit disappointed that a real studio MV was created for this song but I'm not complaining much. I actually don't mind a live MV but noooo, everyone was complaining the heo about it. People, some celebrities do concert live MVs - one being Taylor Swift. Plus, I think it's kind of my fault (not really). But, when I first watched the live footage of the song on Hello! Station the first thing I thought was "Oh~ Those outfits are cute and colorful! I secretly wish they would use those outfits for the MV!" And what do you know? They used the concert footage as the MV, pfft.

There really isn't anything else I can say about this song, I just really love it.

AAAAAAAAAND THAT'S IT. THAT'S MY REVIEW. Gawd, it's so short. Well most of my reviews are short. But this is so out of my zone, I need to get back into the habit of writing again. omg. That's all for now~ Jyaa ne~
-----------------------------------------
Song: "Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe" by Morning Musume
Mood: A Bit Sick ☆ ̄(>。☆)

Comments

Popular Posts