Why I Haven't Been Blogging As Much.

I keep saying that I will blog more and I keep making these empty promises. I admit this is my own fault, and I will discuss what's been going on in this entry. No, I am not quitting blogging. I have no intentions of quitting, this blog is everything to me. I just want to explain my actions and what's been going on with me for the past year or so.

For the past year or so, I haven't been blogging as much as I used to years before. I love blogging, I really do. I may procrastinate often; however, in the past, I did make an effort to blog on the weekends (from what I remembered). Yet, nowadays, I haven't touched this blog in so long. I've been updating my side blog more often, due to me doing a monthly obsession series, but not as much. What is going on with me? Why am I like this? There's two main reasons I haven't been blogging as much anymore.

The first reason is that blogging has always been a hobby for me. It's one of my favorite hobbies. I love writing entries, I like writing about and sharing my opinions on Japanese pop music and related media. However, after awhile – especially last year – blogging has become to feel more like a job to me. Every time a new single or a new music video comes out, I feel like I'm obligated to review it or something. I know I'm not obligated, but I feel like I am. I'm weird, that's how I am. And without realizing, I just can't keep up with all the new things that's been released. I lost motivation to write reviews. And that's really sad and scary for me. It really is.

I love blogging, I really do. I don't want it to become to feel like a job and that I might hate it later on. I don't want that to happen. I guess that's why I took a really long break from the blog. I needed my space, to take a much needed break from it. I still felt guilty though. I should be writing posts, but I'm not. Well, after being away for so long, I feel like it's a good time to get back into the blog. I've been writing a lot more recently. I've started to enjoy writing again. The main point is– if you find something you love, a hobby you love, don't overdo it. Don't do it so much and so often that it'll start to feel like a job and you'll hate it. I won't blog every single day, but I'll try to be more consistent with my entries this time around.

My second reason for why I haven't been blogging as much is because of my personal life. I live a very uneventful life. I'm not social, I don't go out often. However, I'll admit that things have happened that made me feeling sad more often than I should. I don't like sharing my personal life often, because I don't want to trouble anyone. I don't want to cause any drama. I've learned that it's best to keep my personal life off of social media and such. I have my bad days, a little more often than I expected. And because of those bad days, I'm in no mood to write.

In addition, with school, I've been stressed and for the past school year- I've been overworked. Even on days when I'm not in a bad mood, I'm either too busy or too exhausted to spend a few hours blogging. I don't want to overwork my brain. I love my blog; however, my education comes first. I want to pass my classes with high marks, and I'm sure mostly everyone feels the same way.

So that's all I wanted to say– those are the reasons why I haven't been blogging as much. I keep making these empty promises and I know that everything is my fault. I am the one at fault. It's summer, I've finished my summer courses and I have more free time. I hope to use the free time to write more blog entries. There are some entries that are overdue at this point. And lastly, I want to say that I'm sorry for being a bad blogger. I really am. From now on, I will sincerely try my best to be a better blogger. I will try my best to write more entries at a consistent pace.

To start off things, I do have plans to redo the design of my blog.

That's all for now. Until my next post, jyaa ne~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MUSIC; We Don't Talk Anymore (cover) / Jason Chen & Megan Nicole
MOOD; I'm a bad blogger. (•̥́_•ૅू˳)

Comments

Popular Posts