The End of an Era– My Thoughts on ºC-ute's Impending Disbandment in 2017

To those who may not have heard the news yet, it has been announced that the idol group ºC-ute from Hello! Project will be disbanding after their 2017 concert in Saitama Super Arena. There are lots of articles and blog entries about it so I feel like it's probably unnecessary for me to link them all. I originally wanted to write this entry after learning about the news last night. However, it's probably best for me to do it the day after– so that I can collect my thoughts and perhaps find the right words to say.

Please do pardon me if I ramble a lot in this entry.

For the past couple years, ºC-ute has become one of my most favorite J-pop groups following Morning Musume and Sexy Zone (okay, the latter– not as much as of recently, but I find myself slowly liking them again). When I first started out listening to the music genre, I've always preferred Berryz Koubou over them. Over time, I really did truly fall in love with the group and now they're at the top of my lists. I'll admit that I was just absolutely shocked when I first heard the news. I was having a pretty bad day yesterday and hearing the news– it was just really sad.

However, I believe that everyone has been waiting for this day to come eventually. After the "indefinite hiatus" of Berryz Koubou, there has been much speculation over when ºC-ute will disband.. especially after the release of their first triple A-side single Gamusha LIFE. We all know this was coming, including me. However, I tried to not think about it so much because I really love the group and hoped for them to hold out a little bit longer. I'm still sad over the news because I love the group. However, this is their choice and I respect that.

The news hasn't really quite sunk into me yet. I'll be frank, I'm still a bit in that denial stage. I'm doing my best to cope with the news. I'm trying to not whine a lot. We still have at least another year with ºC-ute. I'm still sad about the impending disbandment, but you know what- I'm gonna try to appreciate the time there is left before ºC-ute fades away and become nothing more than a memory, and an end to an era in Hello! Project.

I ramble a lot so you probably didn't understand what I said in this entry- so I'll try to write out my main point here. I love ºC-ute and I'm sad that they're disbanding. In spite of speculation, I really did hope that they would hold out a little bit longer. However, they really are disbanding in the future. We all expected to happen, including me. This is their decision and I respect that. We have another year (a little less) so I'm gonna appreciate the remaining time until that fated day. I really do hope the best for the five in their future activities.

This is random, but before their disbandment– I really do hope to see just one last album from them. Not one of those sad best albums that has "this is the end" written all of them– I like to see them release their tenth album before the final and sad best album prior to their disbandment. I think that'll be really nice. Also.. Now that I think about it, with ºC-ute's disbandment, High-King will be fully extinct. I wonder if they'll perform High-King's songs in their final concert. Like the five members of ºC-ute singing Cinderella/Complex and Kioku no Meiro. That'll be nice.

So that's it for this entry. Until my next post, jyaa ne~

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

MUSIC; 悲しきヘブン / ºC-ute
MOOD; Today's been a long day.. (⌯˃̶᷄ ﹏ ˂̶᷄⌯)゚

Comments

Popular Posts