(Belated) Happy Five Years of 10ki! ♥

 I honestly think September 29th is a pretty good day, for me personally. It's the day when I started blogging back in 2012 and when one of my favorite male groups Sexy Zone (still not over the name 'til this day. Like why?) has debuted. But do you know what day it is also? This is the day, when the 10th generation of Morning Musume debuted. This is the day they joined the group. I usually don't do many entries like this. (Heck, I didn't really do a post for Sexy Zone. Sorry, guys) But it's been five years. And who would've thought that they would become my most favorite generation?

Yes, I know this is late. Yeah, a whole week late! Whoops.
I had tests to do, okay? I don't wanna fail my classes! I really want a 4.0 gpa ;3;

Let me back-track to five years ago. Hello! Project was in big recession. To be honest, I didn't really have much interest in Morning Musume back then. I wasn't really a fan of the songs they were releasing back then. I wasn't a fan of the ninth generation (I didn't particularly have much interest in them). But then, the tenth generation happened. Although, I still didn't really like the songs they were releasing – at least up until Renai Hunter – the new set of members just sparked my interest.

I think it was because of them that I started becoming more and more interested Morning Musume.  My initial thoughts about them is that they seems to look like this odd batch of members. I don't know why, those were just my thoughts. I was a strange person back then. Anyways, I just had this feelings that I wanted to know more about them. Especially Haruka, since she had the same last name of one of my favorite manga/anime characters of all time. If anyone of you guys reading this know what manga/anime I'm talking about, you guys are awesome!

It's been five years and I personally feel like the 10th generation as a whole really matured and become more than some "odd batch of members." I personally feel that – as a whole – we have a pretty balanced group of members. Each member have their own individual, little charm that contributes to the group in some way – whether it be through singing, dancing, stage presence. They've become my most favorite generation of the group. And now, let me talk about the members.

Iikubo Haruna is the oldest of the generation and I like to think of her as having that "big sister" role in the group. From her debut, I believe it's an undeniable fact that Haruna is a very pretty lady. She is beautiful. She always look stunning in her photos. Heck, she's a model. She knows how to work the camera. As a girl, I feel a bit jealous and I wish I could one day be pretty like her. She's extremely stylish, fashionable. However, Haruna is more than some pretty face. While she's not the best singer or dancing, she has this nice stage presence - again, in my opinion. I love her personality. She's a huge manga geek and I love it! Yes, Harunan! You are right! Manga is the textbook of life! I enjoy reading her blog entries and it's because of her, that I learn about new manga and I read them. Her singing – though not the best – is slowly improving. I hope that she has her time in the center of the spotlight and maybe one day, I would like to see her as leader of the group.

Ishida Ayumi is the self-proclaimed "dance machine" of the group. She's a great dancer and she has always stood out to me as a dancer. Aside from being a great dancer, she's also not that bad when it comes to singing. Yes, she may not be the best vocalist in the group when you compare to people like Sakura. However, she's not bad. She showed some pretty good singing when she starred as the main protagonist in the Triangle stageplay. My most favorite song she sang would have to be Furereba Kokoro ga Afuredasu. Since her debut, Ayumi really matured a lot. From being a cute little girl, she has grown to be a really lovely lady. She's super pretty and, like Haruna, always look stunning in her photos! Also, I can really relate to her shortness even though I'm actually about two inches shorter than her.

Sato Masaki.. In all truth, I personally never really liked Masaki in the beginning. I don't know. I guess I couldn't really stand her personality in the beginning. She seemed pretty annoying, in my opinion. Also, the mushroom-bob haircut that she had in the beginning when she first debuted- that did not look good for her and it become worse in Renai Hunter and One • Two • Three. Over time, I came to really appreciate Masaki and I've grown to her. I came to actually really like her. Her spoiled character is what made her so entertaining to me. I guess over time, I've gotten used to it and came to like it. I didn't really thought of her as annoying anymore. But also, Masaki is an amazing vocalist. She's been pushed a lot and she's showing off more of her vocal ability. I believe that she is one of the better vocalists in the group at the moment. If you don't believe me when I say she's a great vocalist, listen to her duet of Memory Seishun no Hikari with Sakura. She was absolutely amazing. I've grown to love her and now she's one of my favorite members of the group.

And now we have Kudo Haruka, my most favorite member of Morning Musume. Oh God, where do I start with her? She has really grown a lot since her debut. She first sparked my interest because she has the same last name of one of my favorite manga/anime characters. Even though she wasn't really promoted much in the beginning, I don't know- I always felt drawn to her. She always stood out to me. This is me being bias, but I can't really dislike Haruka. I kinda like everything about her. She's a decent dancer (from recent performances, it seems like she's now part of the dance section in My Vision and joined the Hello! Project Dance club), she's a decent singer (waiting for another Oh my wish! to happen), and she has pretty great stage presence. I like her boyish charm. Ugh, I just- I can't say much. I just really love her. She's my most favorite member of the group. The day she leaves- it's all over for me.

So yeah, those are my thoughts about the members of the tenth generation. If you're still reading up to this point, good for you. You were able to deal with my rambling. /whacked; The main idea of the entry is that the tenth generation has really grown since their debut. They're a pretty balanced group of members, in my opinion. All four members are perhaps in my top five favorite members of the group, as of recently (with Haruka being number one, obviously). Yes, I will admit that all the members have their own flaws - but I still really like them.

It's been a good five years, and I really do hope that the four of them continue to be in Morning Musume for another good amount of time. I hope to see them to continue to grow as idols. I don't really do entries like this. But this is their five year anniversary, and I feel like they deserve a good appreciation entry. Well, that's all for now.

Until my next entry, jyaa ne~

Comments

Popular Posts