Throwback Thursday! ... not really, but still. Da-iCE's "TOKI" Review!

I know, I know ... I should've made an effort to post more but I was distracted by Pokemon X and too busy trying to defeat the Elite Four.

So heyyy guys~ Who's gonna buy this perfect single? I know I am! Da-iCE is back with their second major single (under Universal Music Japan) titled "TOKI" - which translates to Time. NO, IT DOES IT MEAN BUNNY. IT MEANS TIME - NOT BUNNY. (this is not Korean, if its Korean then yes it would've mean bunny.) Back to the point, this single is just plain perfection. Da-iCE always finds a way to just simple WOW me with their songs. ♥

I really fell in love with the simple yet somewhat vintage look for this MV. The setting and lighting just fit so well with each other, I'm utterly impressed with this MV. To me, it really gave off a gentle vintage-ish aura to it~ I'm usually a sucker for cutesy colorful MVs (like ˚C-ute's Sekai Ichi Happy na Onna no Ko) or hardcore dark MVs (such as Itano Tomomi's 1%). However, I really really love this type of MV. It really stands out to me, this is my ideal.

I've always considered Da-iCE to be a really good dance group. Their choreography for 'I'll be there' really just WOWED me. However, to me, their dance styles s a bit different and stands out from what I've seen. Their dance for "TOKI" is a bit more simple compares to "I'll be there." However, it fits the song really really well. It fits the song perfectly. To me, I feel that Da-iCE's dancing always seem to fit its respective song perfectly (i.e. SHOUT IT OUT, I'll be there, Splash). This is why their dancing really stands out to me.

One things that I really loved about this MV was the small scenes involving Tumblr vintage objects such newton's cradle and the pocket watch. I know it may seem random but I do appreciate those small scenes. It gives it a nice unique touch. Without it, I think it would mostly be a standard MV: dance shot, optional another dance shot, close up, and solo scenes. Plus it was cool that they added the numbers too (reference to the clock - TIME, TOKI.)

So now, let's move onto the song~ I really, really fell in love with the song the second it started. This is one heo of a flawless song. But the chorus is what really got me! Especially towards the end too! Da-iCE aren't really good singers when you compare them to better singers such as Arashi, SMAP, EXILE, etc. They use a techno sound, not autotune - they're NOT autotuned; they just use a bit of a techno sound to help enhance their vocals to make it sound a bit stronger. However, I do commend on Yudai's and Souta's vocals. I can see that they put quite the effort into this song. And Sota's high notes, omg. ♥

 Again, this is one heck of a flawless song. It might as well be MY song of the year~ The lyrics of this song seem utterly amazing. Toki wo tomeru yori ima wo ikiyou (Rather than stopping time, let's live in the present.) Kako wo suteru yori bokura no mirai wo sodatete ikou (Rather than throwing away the past, let's build our future.) Nando mo tsuyo gatte ita (We've pretended to be tough so many times.) I literally fell in love with this lyrics.

Well that's kind of it for this review. That's all I can say about this perfect MV. I just love it, there's not bad I can say about this song. I'm seriously going to buy this single. Well, until my next post~ Jyaa ne~
---------------------------
Song: "TOKI" by Da-iCE
Mood: Chipper O(≧∇≦)O

Comments

Popular Posts