My Thoughts on Michishige Sayumi's Graduation ... (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ

I really want to scream and cry, but I can't because I have bronchitis right now.
I leave the Internet alone and this is what happens to me. 

WARNING: I'M MOSTLY RAMBLING. I'm still sick, so I can't properly think straight. So please bear with me on this post.

So Michishige Sayumi is finally graduating ... This is .. I have no words to say about Sayumi, seriously. I know that this is something we all expected - Sayu has been in the group for eleven years now and there will be a time in which she has to move on. However, I'm still shocked by this announcement of hers.

Alright, I'm going to be honest here. I honestly didn't want Sayumi to graduate. I really really did like this line-up for Morning Musume right now and I'm not really looking forward to the 12th generation. The line-up Morning Musume has, at this moment, is very strong and has really great chemistry. This is, by far, my most favorite line-up for Morning Musume. I honestly don't want that to break. I was really, really afraid. I'm still afraid, to be honest.

When I first got into Morning Musume, it was probably around 2010-2011. It was when the Platinum Era was still around, you still had people like Ai and Risa and Eri. At the time, my favorite members were Reina (since she got me into Morning Musume) and Aika. I didn't really like Sayu at first, since she had this cutesy narcissistic thing to her. But I kind of had the feeling that eventually, I'm going to come to really love this girl and admire her. And I did.

Eventually, one by one, all the members started graduating. And  the 9ki came in, and the 10ki came in. Next thing you know, all I have left was SayuReina. And then Reina graduated, so Sayu is the only remaining member from the Platinum Era. The Morning Musume I got into back in 2010 was going away and it was kinda sad. But I came to LOVE this new Morning Musume.

I'm still a bit afraid about Morning Musume's future though. With Sayumi gone, it's going to be really different. Plus the 12ki is going to come in soon and hopefully, Tsunku will choose some good additions to the group. But I still can't help but worry - with Sayu gone, I wonder how the group is going to be from now on. Are the other members going to have more screentime now? Is Riho still going to be the center forever? Are the future 12ki members going to steal the spotlight and kick the 9ki and 10ki out? Not really, but still. ... owo

I really think that Sayumi has done a lot for this group. She really stepped up and brought her A game for this group. Ever since she stepped up as leader, Morning Musume has been reborn and making a name for itself again. Sayumi broke Risa's record in becoming the longest serving member of Morning Musume. The band is getting more consecutive #1 singles on Oricon (5 WEEKLY #1 SINGLES IN A ROW, NEW RECORD!). Morning Musume hasn't look this good in a long time. I think all of us are grateful to Sayu. 

In Morning Musume, she really matured a lot. She had this cute image to her, but now recently .. she earned herself this mature reliable image of being Morning Musume's leader. I remember reading a translated article about her, and seriously - she's so mature now. She's really putting a lot of effort into Morning Musume, she's really doing her best. She wasn't always the best singer either. However, she really did her best. She has become a reliable, beautiful leader of Morning Musume, who is passionate about her group. She really stood out, she made Morning Musume stand out now.

Honestly, this is all I have to say. I just wanted to say what was on my mind. I'm really going to miss Sayumi. She really matured a lot, and she has done a lot. I'll cry when I watch her graduation ...

SO WHO'S GONNA BE THE LEADER? 
ARE YOU ON TEAM MIZUKI OR TEAM HARUNA

Comments

Popular Posts