AIRI'S WINTER TRIP '14 ☆ Even in Japan, I was still broke (and slightly overwhelmed.)

So this past Winter (from late January to Early February), I was in Japan and Vietnam. Yes, I did it people! I went to Japan and it was a-maz-ing. However, at the same time, it was also pretty overwhelming at the same time.

Japan was very different yet also very predictable on my part. It was really fun going to Tokyo and staying there only for a few days. I really did have fun but at the same time, it was a bit overwhelming on my part though. And so let us go on with the post~ Note: This is a redo of my last entry on Japan. I decided to redo it now that I remember more things.

#NOWPLAYING "SANSEI KAWAII" BY SKE48
(that was mah jam when i was there, don't judge me)

I only stayed in Japan for only about four days which was more than enough for me. I stayed mostly in the Shinjuku-Harajuku area - my hotel being in Shinjuku. To be honest, the area really reminded me of both New York and San Francisco. It was really bustling with people; however, at the same time, it was quiet ... too quiet. Like outside, no word could be heard except the footsteps of people. No one was talking on the phone, nothing. It was PURE SILENCE.

Now I'm a pretty quiet person myself but I couldn't bear total silence 24/7. I'm used to hearing like some people talking on the phone, car horns honking, etc. I live in Amurica, what do you expect? However, when I was in Japan, it was nothing but silence. It was also really clean in Tokyo too, like super clean. There was not a speck of litter in the streets or anywhere. /there wasn't even any trash bins outside either like seriously;

Also, the people were really respectful and well-mannered. There were completely different from what I experienced back at home. Like you know in restaurants or any cafe or any food related place, people tend to work for tips. They would sometimes hover around you and ask anything - just for tips. However, in Japan, I didn't see that. They were really quiet and kept to themselves. And when I tried to tip them for their good service, they refused my tip. They wouldn't accept my tip even if I encourage them to for their good service, they refused and returned the money to me. Wow.

Seeing and experiencing these differences, I was a bit overwhelmed. >. > 

Moving on, besides Shinjuku, I also went to places such as Harajuku, Akihabara, and Tokyo Sky Tree. I did it. I finally went to Johnny's Shop in Harajuku. It was like a dream. I'm finally one of you guys now, I have official shop photos that I bought from the official shop now. I bought around twenty six pictures (although I already gave four away to my friends Ina & Hiroko.) I wish I could've bought more since I realized that each pic was only ¥150 (~$1.50).

/my mom likes chinen, omg/
/she said that he was looked the least girliest out of everyone/
/omg, muuuuuuum/
/seriously still can't get over this/

I just want to point this out, is Playhouse being renamed or something? Before going to Johnny's Shop, I read all these blog posts on how to get there and what to do. I read these posts over thousand times; so when I came to Harajuku, finding Johnny's shop was really easy. However, I remember Playhouse was a key point in trying to find it. However, when I passed by the supposedly Playhouse, I find that there was another sign covering the original sign. I didn't take a picture of it but is Playhouse being renamed? Is it closing down or renaming? Hmm.

Even if I wanted to buy more, I couldn't even if I wanted to. In Japan, I didn't have a lot of pocket money on me. My parents put me on a budget so in Japan, I was still broke. /ugly sobbing; I did some more shopping in Shinjuku. I went to the department stores such as Setan and Takashimaya. I preferably like Takashimaya more. I bought a bunch of small stationary there. Now, there's a thing when it comes to elevators. You know in America, the elevators stop at almost every level. However, in Japan, certain elevators stop at certain floors.

Example: ELEVATOR #1 stops at all floors except level 6&7. ELEVATOR #2 stops at all even numbered floors. ELEVATOR #3 stops at floors 3, 4, 6, 7. Also, sometimes it takes a long time for the elevators to arrive. I swear, my parents was getting frustrated so we ended up using the stairs and escalators. Well, we needed some exercise anyways.

I didn't spend a lot of time in Akihabara. I only went there for the Hello! Project shop there. I didn't really had the chance to go the AKB48 Cafe & Shoppe (since my parents seemed a bit annoyed with my idol obsession and were tired. ;u; But they seemed fine with it when we went to Johnny's shop though ... ) The Hello! Project shop was a lot smaller than I expected it to be. It was approx. the same size as an average store at a mall maybe. Also, there weren't that many products there as well so I didn't buy too much.

Now that I think about it, I should've bought more. ;;

A majority of the stores in Akihabara didn't open until noon and we arrived there via train at ten o'clock in the morning. You know what, let me tell you about my experience with Tokyo's train system first~ It's wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, to be honest. I thought you would had to go out of your way to buy a train card and such. However, I was relieved to know that we can just buy a simple one way ticket. But rush hour .. oh my god, that was scary tbh.

Rush hour was probably around eight to ten o'clock in the morning, there were flocks of people everywhere coming from ALL directions. Also, the train stations were pretty big and there were multiple exits so I got lost instantly. Oops. I didn't take the Yamamoto Line - which is common. I took the Chuo-Sobu Line which went straight from Shinjuku (where I mainly stayed in) to Akihabara. By the way, on my way back from Akihabara, I saw a Morning Musume billboard since during the stop at Ichigaya! (when they were promoting Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai~ Too bad I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it though. ;-;)

It was kind of overwhelming, seeing how the trains were packed with flocks of people in the beginning. However, it was still pretty quiet. Usually, when I take the subway in the U.S, there would be a few people who would constantly move around in the train or be noisy, whatever. That awkward overwhelming silence was still on the train, and no one dare to make a single move. It's really, really quiet in Japan. (I have nothing against that, by the way!)

So yea, that's all about my experience in Japan. I know I wrote a post on this awhile back and this post is now long overdue. However, after I posted the original post, I remembered more stuff about my trip and I was too lazy to go back and edit it all again. So yea, I made a new posts. Spring break is coming soon for me so I'll probably get my post about Vietnam done soon! As well as the post on the Haul! So please be patient with me?~ /whacked; 

Well that's all for now~ Until my next post~ Jyaa ne~
-----------------------------
Song: "Papter Gangsta" by Lady Gaga
Mood: Busy Writing _〆(。。)

Comments

  1. you are so LUCKY ;W; NEXT TIME, TAKE ME WITH YOU ;W; STUFF ME IN YER SUITCASE AND FLY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts