Airi's Summer Vacation '15! ✩ Vietnam!


This is a very overdue entry but thankfully I was able to finally get this entry done and posted! This summer, my family decided to take another trip to Japan and the motherland (aka Vietnam). If you read about my trip from last year, you could say that it didn't go so well. I was determined to make this trip even better! If you want to read part one about my trip to Japan, you can click here → [[ Airi's Summer Vacation '15! ✩ Japan! ]] In this entry, I will be focusing on the last 2/3 of my trip which is in Vietnam.

♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫

After having a not-so-great-but-decent time in Shinjuku, my family (along with my cousin's family) traveled out to Vietnam. However, when we arrived, I was disappointed to found out that our families will part wells after arriving at the airport. My cousin will be traveling back to Vũng Tàu (which was her mother's hometown) and would stay there for 95% of the entire trip. My family would be staying in Saigon like last time. However, I was glad to know that I would be heading out to different parts of Vietnam instead of staying in Saigon 24/7.

You would think that my second trip to Vietnam would be 100% better than my last trip (in which it was New Years, all the stores were closed, and I contracted food poisoning). Yes, this second trip was slightly better as I thankfully did not get sick. I figured out that the problem was seafood. There are a lot of unhappy fish in Vietnam and I made sure to stay away form them. However, what kinda sucked was that it was raining season in Vietnam. Honestly, I wouldn't really considered it raining because it would rain for five minutes and stop and start raining again for five minutes. It was like for some days and only occurred (mostly) in the morning. Meh, it didn't bother me that much when I was in Saigon. But it really did bothered me when I went to the beach for the first time.

The first place I went to outside of Saigon was Phú Quốc, which is the largest island in Vietnam. I stayed in the Salinda resort with my family and my parents' friends' families also tagged along. This was the first time I ever went to Phú Quốc and it was really interesting. The resort was actually pretty nice. It had a pool and a beach. And I was able to get a taste of Phú Quốc's famous sim wine (actually no, it was real wine. I tasted concentrated juice) and apparently sim is very good for your health. However, I didn't really like the taste so much. Because it was raining season, I experienced a lot of rain in Phú Quốc especially in the morning. I was kinda sad.

It had come to the point that it was raining and I still swimming in the pool. /whacked; Yes, I know it wasn't safe. I got out of the pool after two minutes. However, mostly everyone else kept on swimming for another twenty minutes. Nonetheless, I certainly had a nice time in Phú Quốc while it lasted. I would've enjoyed it more if it didn't rain. But oh wells.

The second place I went to outside of Saigon was Nha Trang. Did you know that they held Miss Universe there in 2008? Hehe. However, I didn't really stay in Nha Trang. Instead, I mostly stayed in the famous Vinpearl Resort. I was glad to know that my cousin's family was able to tag along with us to Nha Trang. We certainly had so much fun. There was actually different sections in the Vinpearl. There was the resort, luxury, Vinpearl land, the port, and a golf club area. While my family stayed in luxury (which had bigger rooms and still nice beaches and pools), we mostly went out to the resort just to be with family. I had no problem with that. The beaches at Vinpearl was absolutely beautiful, the best I have seen in Vietnam ever. I'm legit serious here.

It was so clean, that's the main point right there. The beaches at Vinpearl was the cleanest I have seen in Vietnam. The water was also the clearest I have seen. (It's not the bluest but it's still something!) It felt so nice swimming in actually clean ocean water. Another thing I enjoyed at Vinpearl was actually being able to jetski and go paragliding. It was my first time ever driving a jetski and I was so good at it. The supervisor for the jetski literally told my mom "WHOA. SHE'S SO COOL" or something like that. I couldn't drive a car back at home, might as well drive a jetski in Vietnam while I can. As for paragliding, I was a bit frightened because of heights. But it was so much fun! The view from when I was up in the air was amazing. Ohmygod. ☆

So enough about my adventures at the beach, let's talk about the stuff I did in Saigon... Nothing. I did absolutely nothing in Saigon really. I spent most of my days in the hotel while my parents went out with their friends. It was sad that I didn't really get to go shopping that much. But when I did, I took advantage of the opportunity and went to the one store I've been dying to go to: Etude House. I saw pictures of these products all over the Internet. I was curious. I wanted to try some out. I saw a store in the mall and I immediately went inside. I regret not buying more products when I could've.

So that's it really. That's all I did in Vietnam. Nothing interesting really happened. I had fun in Vietnam. Would I come back again? Hmm, maybe not anytime soon. Maybe in a couple years. Well that's all for this post. Until my next entry, jyaa ne~

♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫

MUSIC; ドスコイ!ケンキョにダイタン / こぶしファクトリー
MOOD; Pretty Cheerful ヾ(*⌒ヮ⌒*)ゞ  

Comments

Popular Posts