Airi's Summer Vacation '15! ✩ Japan!

For those who are new to my blog, last year (Winter of 2014) I went on a trip to Japan and Vietnam.. which didn't quite go too well. Surprisingly, a little more than one year later, my family has decided to go back to Japan and Vietnam again! Redemption, maybe? Who knows!

In this entry, I shall be talking about my trip to Japan first. o(≧∇≦o)

♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫

On my last trip to Japan, my family and I stayed in the country for three days and two nights. However, we came at about... the worst time possible? It was during the Winter time. It was very, very cold. We couldn't go out at that much. We were mostly stayed in our hotel. And when we did go out, we didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to do. I was new to everything and experienced a culture shock. But, now that I have experience from my last trip-- I was determined to make this second trip even better! Hooray~

Aside from my family, my cousin's family had also decided to tag along with us. The more, the merrier~ My entire family mainly stayed within the Shinjuku area, just like last time. I'll be very honest with you all, we just stayed in Shinjuku throughout our entire trip there. Aside from journeying out to Tokyo Disneyland, my entire family just stayed in Shinjuku. We didn't go out to Harajuku, Akihabara, etc. I was really sad about this. But honestly, we had a pretty good reason for not venturing out this time around.

Just as my family arrived in Tokyo, my parents actually caught a really bad cold or something... They spent a majority of their day in the hotel with my little brother. By the third day, they couldn't stand it anymore that they went to the nearby university hospital to get proper medication. Japanese medication, in their opinion, were not strong enough to the medication back home in the U.S. However, thankfully, it helped them recover just enough so that they have the strength to travel to Vietnam. I just went out with my uncle's family.

My uncle's family was a bit more adventurous compared to my parents. However, the one problem I had was that they kept wasting time in one place. They just wanted to go wherever they wanted to go. Well I suggested that we travel out to Harajuku or Shibuya to do shopping (since they love shopping), they insisted that they stay within Shinjuku. I'm not trying to rant or anything but I find that the trip would've been more fun if we had traveled out to other areas. With them, I was just mostly acted as a translator. I didn't have time to do much personal shopping, compared to them. It made me a bit sad, but it was better than staying in the hotel all day.

//I still wanted to go the Pokemon Center in Ikebukuro, but I couldn't.//

One thing new about this trip was that I finally got to go to Tokyo Disneyland for the first time! I was just simply amazed by clean it was, ermahgawd. I've had my fair share of trips to Disneyland and Disney World here in the U.S. However, Tokyo Disneyland just gave off a slightly different feel. It made me want to come back again. I really do want to come back again. The place is so clean compared, like seriously. I'm so amazed. Also, there was the fact that they were still celebrating Easter... It was June... Meh, whatever.

As they were still celebrating Easter, the stores there were still selling Easter-related items. I didn't stay in Tokyo Disneyland for too long, regretfully. We were only there for a little over an hour before leaving. I'm so sad. I was able to buy these super cute Easter egg earrings. If you looked closely at the picture, you could see that Donald Duck was a bit of manufacture error. It's shape is upside-down but whatever~ I still like it~ It's really cute; you can just mix and match. And despite the shape, I find that I can wear these all year long.

I wasn't able to go shopping that much as I had hoped, as said earlier.  I didn't buy any idol goods, whatsoever. I bought what I can buy. I settled for some stores. I'm very happy with my purchases. I'm very content. I'm good, guys, I'm good. Aside from buying a few stuff, I was glad to be able to try a whole bunch of food. I had Oyakodon and Katsudon for the first time in my life. And I love it, I really really love it. Donkatsu was so so so good, ohmygod. I also had the opportunity to eat Sukiyaki. I was a bit weary though because it was hotpot... I was afraid of getting sick. But I still ate it. It was really really delicious. Hehe.

And that's mostly it for my trip in Japan. There wasn't any other interesting stuff that happened. I still want to go back to Japan, but maybe I'll go with my friends. Who knows? Well that's all for my post. Until my next entry, jyaa ne~

♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫

MUSIC; Tweedia / 安田レイ
MOOD; Pretty Cheerful ヾ(*⌒ヮ⌒*)ゞ   

Comments

Popular Posts