Flashback Friday! ✩ 君にHITOMEBORE

I thought I did a review on this already. No? I didn't? Huh, I must've been too busy too lazy to write a review back then. I didn't particular like this single that much. I didn't care about it enough to write a review on the single.
http://airigoespyon.tumblr.com/
Yes, I'm using this gif again. I used it for my 'initial-thoughts' review last year. Also.. To be honest, I'm too lazy to make new gifs for this review. /whacked;

♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫

Before I start this review-- I know what you all are going to say: Oooooh, I don't like 3nin Sexy Zone. Because of the fact that Marius and Sou are not included in this release, I'll automatically hate it. No, that is not the case here. At this point in my life, I don't care whether or not MariSou are included. If they are, good for them. If they aren't, let's just move on. Okay? Okay. (not supposed to be a tfios reference by the way. just saying.)

- - 01. 君にHITOMEBORE - -

As always, let's start talking about the title track for this single which is 'Kimi ni HITOMEBORE.' This song was used for Kento's drama known as 'Kurofuku Monogatari.' I have tried multiple times to watch the drama, to get try to get interested in it. However, in the end, I just dropped it. I don't like the drama, it's not my cup of tea. While I did not like the drama at all, I was kinda loving this song which does... in some way, suit the drama. It was the perfect theme for it. Also, this song screams 'KENTO. NAKAJIMA KENTOOOO.'

Let's talk about the music video first before I go into more detail about the song. While it's not my most favorite music video from Sexy Zone, it was better than their... previous release. In general, the music video was very nicely shot. It was clean and polished. Nothing felt out of place in the music video. There was a good sense of fluency between scenes. It was shot with a slightly pale blue-ish hue, which was interesting. I did like it. As for the setting... I guess I'll say that I like it. I love the white marble setting for the dance shot. As for the close-ups, ehh... I guess they're okay. I don't particularly like them that much.

In my opinion, I find that the addition of the ladies in the dance shot was... slightly unnecessary. I understand that they were just trying to use up all of that negative space. However, for me, it was slightly distracting. Instead of having them posing, why can't we have them contribute to the dance as well? In one live performance, the three members of Sexy Zone "randomly pick out three fangirls" and danced with them. (It was staged, I tell you! They were staged, I know!) That could've been the same here. They could've danced with three ladies. I don't know.. That's just my opinion.

It felt slightly awkward to see Kento in the center position, instead of Shori. Yet at the same time, it felt right. This song was made for Kento; thus, he should be in the center position. The dance for 'Kimi ni HITOMEBORE' was actually pretty good. A little bit lackluster at few moments, but I'll let it slide. It follows the tempo of the song very well. While Kento was the main center, Shori and Fuma did have a few moments of standing in the center as well. I really liked that. Overall, it was a pretty memorable dance. It's not the best. It wasn't that epic or whatnot. They had a handful of memorable dance moves, that's all that matters.

Who are the stylists for this music video because I need to give them an award! I absolutely love the outfits that they used. I absolutely love it. This is redemption for their previous single. I love the black suits that they used for the dance shot. While it was very simple, it sorta gave the guys a more classy look? Is that the right adjective to say? I'm just gonna roll with it. They look so much more high-class, an aristocrat feel. While for the close-ups, the guys were given casual attire. However, they still looked very handsome. Out of all three of them, Shori was the best in terms of appearance. /whacked;

Overeall, I'm pretty confident that I can that this was a pretty good music video. It's not THE best; however, it's better than what I have seen as of lately. Now, let's start talking about the song. Honestly, it's not my most favorite song from Sexy Zone. However, it's better than that... disastrous song that they released before this. I'm kinda loving this song. It has a very nice and catchy instrumental, which was heavily focused on guitars. Again, the song practically screamed 'KENTO. NAKAJIMA KENTO.'

In terms of vocals, I believe that Kento was the best. Again, this song was made for him. He was going all out in this song. However, I couldn't help but think that he sounded a bit too full of himself in this song... No, the right word is over-confident. He knows that this song is made for him. This is his song. The spot is for him only. Shori is known to be slightly awkward, but he is slowly improving as a vocalist. He was really good when it came to his solo lines. Fuma was really out of it for this single. He wasn't putting in that much effort. It almost looked like he just didn't really care anymore. He was just there. He sounded amazing when it came to his solo lines; however, he's not putting in as much energy compared to Kento.

Overall, this was a pretty good song. I'm kinda loving this. It's not my most favorite but it's still really good. I don't really have anything else to see about this song. I think I said enough, looking back at all of these paragraphs that I wrote. Yep. Okay, moving on~

- - 02. Trophy - -

I love this song more than I love the title track. Ugh, if only they used this song as the A-side instead. Why must all the good songs be the B-sides? When I first heard the radio rip, I was immediately in love with 'Trophy.' If only this was song was chosen as the title track instead.. I would've been all over this single! I would've bought this single right away! This just shows how good the song actually is. For anyone who doesn't like 3nin Sexy Zone, just listen to this song. It's definitely worth your time. It's worth it!

In terms of vocals, all three members were amazing. They all delivered fantastic vocals. From my observation, Fuma was kinda the center for the song and I liked that. This song suits his vocals the best. Shori, while having few lines compared to FumaKen, also delivered pretty good vocals. He didn't sound too awkward. Similar to the title track, the instrumental was slightly guitar heavy. It has a much more cooler yet mature sound to it, slightly different from what Sexy Zone releases. I thought that this was a throwback to 'Bayside Elegy.'

While the song is really, really amazing and stuff.. I actually got tired of the song very quickly. It's a good song to listen to every now and then. But it's a song you'll easily get bored off if you listen to it constantly. After two days, I was immediately tired of the song. I couldn't stand to listen to it anymore. It doesn't have it... that catchy hook where you want to listen it over and over again. I have yet to read a translation of the lyrics, but I'm assuming that it's another love song. Overall, it is a very good song but I got tired of it easily.

- - 03. レディ・スパイシー - -

Surprisingly, out of all the B-sides in this single, this is the song that I listened to the most. Initially, I never really bothered to listen to this song at all. Judging from the song title, the song didn't seem that interesting so I would always skip it when it come on. It has become one of those many songs where I don't really listen to but I can't bring myself to delete it. And then suddenly, during AP Government, I just has the random impulse to just listen to the entire song. I regret nothing now. This song actually turned out to be pretty good!

Although the two instrumentals are completely different from each other, I couldn't help but think that 'Lady Spicy' is quite similar to C-CLAY's 'Spring Shower.' The two instrumentals are completely different from each other. It's just the tempos... the beat of the songs are so strikingly similar to each oter. I feel like the dance for 'Spring Shower' could also be the dance for 'Lady Spicy.' The timing for both songs just match up perfectly. I just- That's just my opinion. What else... The song has a bit of a big band, jazzy feel. It's a recurring music style for Sexy Zone from what I notice. I know Ina doesn't like it, but I'm okay.

The line distribution for the song are rather equal. In my opinion, I think the center for this particular song was Shori. I'm not too sure, I'm just assuming here. Nonetheless, all three guys do deliver pretty good vocals. Although Shori was the center, he sounded a bit weak in this particular song. I don't know why, he just sounds a bit weak in my opinion. Don't hate me. /runs away; Overall, I actually like this song. 'Trophy' is a better song; however, I just end up listening to 'Lady Spicy' more. I don't get tired of it that easily.

- - 04. Snow & Stars - -

Because of the super pretty title, I thought that I would instantly love this song. 'Snow & Stars,' isn't that such a pretty song title? It could be the title of a very nice fanfic. However, I ended being disappointed in the end. This is what happens when I get my hopes up! /sigh; This has ended up being one of those songs I never listen to but I can't delete. Even today, I couldn't really bring myself to finish the entire song. When I first heard it, I immediately thought that this was a very boring song-- another typical winter-y pop ballad.

From my observations, I think a handful of fans really love this song. I'm part of the small minority that doesn't. This is just a really boring song. It's not memorable whatsoever. I would listen through the entire song a few times and would forget it ten seconds later. I don't hate this song guys... I just can't get into it. Yes, the guys did deliver pretty good vocals. Yes, the instrumental alone sounds pretty. Yes, the lyrics are pretty nice. I read the translation for it once. However, as whole, I'm just not... I really just can't get it into it. I'm sorry. To be frank, there is nothing else I could say about this song. That's all I have.

♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫

So that was my review on this single. I really did thought I reviewed it already, but I didn't. Oh wells. If you guys have anything you want me to review for Throwback Thursday! / Flashback Friday!, please leave a comment down below and I'll get to it~ Well, that's all for now~ Until my next post, jyaa ne~

MUSIC; セダンガール / Goose house
MOOD; Gotta write more posts before trip! [≡] 〆(・⺫・‶)

EDIT (2015.07.10); I wrote this review before I left for my summer trip. However, due to pretty poor Internet connection, I was unable to post it until now. So, please bear with me! I'm sorry for posting this entry so late!

Comments

Popular Posts