Flashback! Friday - Umeda Erika's "Crush on You!" Mini Review!

She's back in the music industry! She's making a comeback!

(note: Gif credit to me~ I made it~ Teehee)

I'm not sure how many people know but I'm gonna say it anyways! Umeda Erika is back! That's right, THE Umeda Erika - the former member of ˚C-ute. Her last single with them was EVERYDAY Zekkouchou!! that was released back in 2009. That was six years ago, people. And now after doing (kinda) well with her modeling career, she's back to singing~

It seems that Erika has also caught on with the EDM-like trend in music nowadays since her entire song is autotuned. You know, I'm not really gonna rant about the autotune anymore. I'm used to seeing it a lot from Morning Musume nowadays and Berryz Koubou's slowly catching on with the trend as well (with their recent new song "1-oku 3-zenman Sou Diet Oukoku.")  

I actually really do like the song. It's not technically "AMAZING!" or "WOW!" material. It's actualy pretty decent and I'm satisfied enough with this. I can't really comment on the lyrics since I don't really know the translation for it yet. However, it's a pretty cheerful-like song. She's really smiling and seems like she's having a good time~ Like she's happy to sing again~

The MV is also really decent enough. Same thing with the song, the MV isn't really exactly "WOW!" material, when you compare it to MVs like AAA's "Miss you" and such. Also, just from the setting, this feels like an MV made by Avex or even Stardust. I'm not sure why, it just has that feeling. Anyways, as always, Erika is really pretty~ She is beautiful as always in this MV~ And her smile can just brighten up anyone's day.

The setting really does compliments Erika's outfits for this MV, it seems like everything fits well together for this particular type of music video. However, the only thing I didn't really like for this MV was the way it was film. How can I explain it so that everyone can get what I mean ... Is stop motion pictures the right way to see it? I don't know, I'm going with that! I do commend them for trying to do something different for Erika's comeback MV. However, that kind of filming doesn't reall appeal to me. I know, I'm a loser-

Also it makes gifing that MV really, really hard. /whacked;

Well that's really it for this post~ There really isn't much I could say for this video since it's a short MV. Maybe when the full MV comes out, along with the album, I can do a more proper review? Also, it's not really a Flashback! Friday post. It's just that, well today's Friday ... and Erika's back ... it's been long since we kinda heard anything from her ... You get what I mean? /whacked;

Well until my next entry~ Jyaa ne~
------------------------------------
Song: "Congratulations" by Sexy Zone
Mood: Thinking ... Hmm ... (∩⌣̀_⌣́)

Comments

Popular Posts