First Review of the New Year! ♦ 4TE's 'MORE / 一歩ずつ' Debut Single Review!

Happy New Year, everyone! Err... Well it's actually not New Year's Day anymore. But you get what I mean! Anyways, I've decided to start off 2015 with a review- a single review. After seeing a few people review this particular new artist, I also want to review this group as well! ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ

They are 4TE, an American-based Japanese Pop group.
(ノ>ω<)ノ :。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:♪・゚’☆:。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:♪・゚’☆:。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:♪・゚’☆

4TE (pronounced as forte- "for-tay") is a new American-based Japanese Pop group that's taking everyone by storm. They consist of four members; Chii, Jenny, Mei, and Micchi. While the members live in the United States of America, their management is actually based in Canada. Until recently, I haven't heard of this new group. I am quite familiar of the members because of YouTube. All four of them were former members Oshii! Ichigo (Oishii! Project.)

I am quite excited about this group. I do believe that they have a lot of potential. They're a group of a very good singers. And I know that they're going to do their best. So now, let's move on with the single review. ☆

- - 01. MORE - -

I'll admit that when I first listened to the song- I wasn't quite in love with it. 'MORE' didn't really appeal to me at first. I didn't find it to be memorable- it wasn't really that catchy at first. However, I did give the song a few more listens and I grew to like it. It's not the best song I've ever heard- but it's still a good song. It's a very well-produced and I'm sure that 4TE and their management put a lot of effort into creating this song (as well as the music video.)

The song starts out slow (and I almost mistaken it to be a pop ballad, ALMOST) but then it jumps into a more faster tempo. 'MORE' has a very mellow feel it, which doesn't overwhelm the listener at all. Yet at the same time, the song also sounds very upbeat. It's a song one can easily dance to~ It has a bit of an EDM sound to it. And I found that to be quite interesting. It reminded me a bit of Perfume in a way. 'MORE' did remind me of another song.. but I can't seem to put my tongue on it. I'll get back to that some other time! 

Of course, I do have to commend the four members of 4TE. This song really showed off their vocal abilities and they are certainly very good singers! Individually, each member really did their best and had a distinct sound to them. And when all four of them came together, they all blended together and sounded amazing. In terms of vocals, I do believe that Micchi and Jenny stands out the most to me- in my own opinion. Jenny's line in the final chorus was just- wow. ☆ When I watched the music video, I think Mei stood out the most in terms of visual. I do like her gyaru style~

- - 02. 一歩ずつ - -

And now onto the next song which is 'Ippozutsu.' The song translates to "One step at a time." Compared to the other A-side, I actually really like this one the most! I fell in love with this song when I first listened to it. It was really catchy and it was stuck in my head for while. The song helps show off a different side of 4TE. 'MORE' shows off their more classy, mature look. 'Ippozutsu' shows off this more playful, cute side of the group. ♫

Off the get go, the song really reminded me of Vocaloid. It does like a Vocaloid song, doesn't it? People, don't deny it. This is Vocaloid song. /whacked; I find 'Ippozutsu' to be a very cute song. It has such a playful, light-hearted sound to it. To me, this is a very happy sound and will surely cheer up anyone on a sad rainy day. Just like 'MORE,' this song has a bit of EDM sound to it. There is a lot more autotune in this song; however, the girls still sounded great.

I do kinda hope that 4TE creates more playful, light-hearted songs like this in the future. I really do love 'Ippozutsu.' This song is also well-produced and I commend 4TE and their management. Although, I do wonder what would happen if they created a music video for this song... I imagine the music video for 'Ippozutsu' would be cute and very pink.

(ノ>ω<)ノ :。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:♪・゚’☆:。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:♪・゚’☆:。・:*:・゚’★,。・:*:♪・゚’☆

Overall, I think that this was a good debut single from 4TE! Their music is good and well-produced. I look forward to their future releases. This group really has a lot of potential and talent. Each member is unique in their own way. Again, I do look forward to their future releases. I do wish 4TE the best in the future! ☆

And that's it for this small single review. It's pretty random and I rambled on a lot about random stuff.. I'm sorry. /whacked; It's the first review of the new year... Don't judge me, okay. Well, that's all for now. Until my next post, jyaa ne~

Comments

Popular Posts