Final Days with Berryz ♦ 'Be Genki! (Naseba Naru!)' Single + MV Review!

While the group had very good singles, they also had some singles that ended up being flops. We can't always praise them. We also need to acknowledge that there were some not-so-good songs. Honestly, out of every single Berryz Koubou has released- this may be my most hated single of them all. Today, I shall be reviewing..

BE GENKI! <NASEBA NARU!>

(/ ̄ー ̄)/‥∵:*:☆*゜★。::*☆:*:☆*゜★。::*☆:*:☆*゜★。::*☆

Oh my god, this is the single where everything just went wrong. Oh, you thought that 'Aa, Yo ga Akeru' was a bad single? 'Ai no Dangan' was a bad single? I'm sorry, but I have to strongly disagree. This is the single where everything about Berryz Koubou just went wrong. After this point, everything just went downhill from there.This was the single that made me to start falling OUT of love with Berryz Koubou. What was the management thinking? What was Tsunku thinking? I honestly can't. I'm just absolutely done with this.

- - 01. Be 元気 <成せば成るっ!> - - 

As always, let's just start with the music video. Honestly, the music video was a bit ridiculous.. somewhat. I have very mixed feelings about the music video. There was a few good things about the music video; however, all the bad just outweighs it. I don't want to say it, but I feel compelled to do so. I was quite disappointed in Berryz Koubou and their management (agency, production, whatever) when it comes to this song. I sincerely do not like this single.

The setting of the music video took place in Minato Mirai 21. While I'm absolutely happy that they used a real setting, instead of sticking the girls into a box set in the studio, they should've used it for another song instead. Like for example, they should've use it as the setting for 'Heroine ni Narou ka!' or 'Ai no Dangan.' I feel like it was a complete waste of a pretty decent setting. In my opinion, there wasn't that much fluency between scenes either. The music video felt like was it a mish-mash of stuff.. somewhat.

The scenes with all those TV screens felt out of place the most in the music video. In some parts, it displayed the girls' close-ups. In other parts, it showed off views of Minato Mirai 21 if I'm correct. It really felt a bit out of place for me. It's almost as if they were using it for mere promotion. While the dance does go along with the song very well, it was also quite.. random at some points too. I understand that they're trying to go for a fun and lively dance. However, it's just not my cup of tea. I don't necessarily like it.

And oh my god, do not get me started on the outfits. They simply look ridiculous on the girls. First of all, I'm concerned about those capes. What if the girls are dancing and somehow they trip over their capes? That is quite possible, it might happen. I'm concerned for their safety. Those superhero outfit do not flatter the girls at all. I honestly think that it makes them look a bit.. worse. The members of Berryz Koubou are very pretty.. and yet they're stuck in these ridiculous outfits.

Out of everyone, Maasa stands out to me the most. Even if she's wearing a ridiculous outfit, she still looks good. Everyone else was just... meh. And ah, let me point out that we start to see Momoko's iconic pigtails popping up in music videos from now on. I seriously don't really like this music video, guys. I'm sorry to fans who do like it. Everyone has their own opinion. Everyone has their most disliked single, etc. This is mine. This is my most disliked single.

After talking about the music video, let's start talking about the song. The song was a bit different from what I hear from Berryz Koubou, yet at the same time it's kind of Berryz Koubou's style as well. It's contradictory~ A paradox~ (Am I using that correctly? Oh wells, I'll just go with it). Off the get-go, I feel like this is a song that I would hear from the game Mario or Princess Peach. I swear, when I was listening to the instrumental.. I thought it the was BGM for the Princess Peach game for a second. /sigh; I'm a strange person, I know.

While the girls do deliver very good vocals for this song, I find that a song like this is too childish for them. Around this time, the girls should be at least twenty years-old. They are adults now. They should start singing more cooler songs. This song is honestly a step down for them. Berryz Koubou deserves better than this. The lyrics do have a good sense of encouragement in them. It has some sense of meaning to them. Once can relate to this. However, I don't think it can help improve all of this. Overall, I really don't like this song.

- - 02. もう、子供じゃない私なのに・・・ - - 

Honestly, I don't think the B-side does much justice for the single either. Like almost every B-side from Berryz Koubou, this song just ended up being filler for my iPod. I don't listen to it; however, I don't want to delete it either. After taking the time to listen to this song, it's a pretty decent song. It's not that memorable; however, it's still really good in its own way. However, I don't think it can do much justice for this single.. The B-side may be good; however, it's not enough for me.

The song has a bit of a jazzy feel to it, in my own opinion. Honestly, I feel like this is a song that I would hear in the late 90's, early 2000's. It has that sort of feel to it. The song is not overwhelming at all. It has a bit of a light-hearted feel to it. It's very easy on the ears, in my own opinion. Honestly, I imagine hearing these kind of songs at the beach (or during the summer in general) based on the instrumental.

It is a pretty decent song. So far, I don't think this song has been performed live at all. It's a bit unfortunate. Beside that, I think the girls do deliver good vocals as always. I really love how they made Chinami as the lead vocalist for this song. I think she sounded amazing! It was almost as if this song was made for Chinami! I do enjoy listening to the song. I think my favorite part of the song would have to be the chorus. It was slightly catchy there. The verses were slightly catchy as well~

(/ ̄ー ̄)/‥∵:*:☆*゜★。::*☆:*:☆*゜★。::*☆:*:☆*゜★。::*☆

Overall, this is not my favorite single from Berryz Koubou. I apologize if I sound too harsh in this review. That's just my opinion. Nowadays, people are praising Berryz Koubou and remembering all the good days. However, I feel like we should also acknowledge that there were also not-so-good songs/music videos/singles/albums. My next review will be slightly more positive, so please look forward to that! Until my next entry, jyaa ne~

MUSIC; ACUTE / 初音ミク・巡音ルカ・KAITO
MOOD; Slightly tired now.. ₍₍ ᕕ(´ ω` )ᕗ⁾⁾

Comments

Popular Posts