Hey! Say! JUMP's... I mean Sensations' '殺せんせーションズ' DVD Single Review!

I love Hey! Say! JUMP. I also really love the manga, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu.
However, I absolutely do not like those two together. /awkward silence; http://ryosukestrawberry.tumblr.com/

*✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ (⑅˘͈ ᵕ ˘͈ )

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu has become my most favorite manga of all time, tied with Detective Conan. It now holds a special place in my heart and I will cry when it ends. Aside from having an anime special and an actual anime series, they have also decided to create a live-action movie for it. Oh boy... To be honest, I'm expecting the worst from this movie. I don't think it'll be good at all.

Hey! Say! JUMP's very own Yamada Ryosuke has been cast as Shiota Nagisa, a student from the infamous Class E of Kunugigaoka Junior High School. While I do like Ryosuke and his acting- he's an amazing detective- he's not perfect for the role of Nagisa. If you actually read the manga, from beginning to up until the recent chapter, you'll understand. This live-action's ruining it for me..

Personally, I don't want my anime life to mix with my J-Pop life-- just saying. Well, anyways, I'm not here to rant about the live-action movie. I'm here to talk about the theme song for it. A mysterious group, known as Sensations, have suddenly appeared and released their debut DVD single. Hmm, they strangely look so much like Hey! Say! JUMP. Let's move on with the review~

- - 01. 殺せんせーションズ - -

As always, I'm going to start talking about the music video for it. Well, music videos. Apparently, there are two different versions for the music video. There is a battle mode and an operation mode. I'm assuming that the battle mode music video is the one used for promotion (as well as the one we saw for the short version). There really wasn't any subtitle (title, in general) that stated which mode it was. If I'm incorrect in some way about which music video is which, please tell me. I will buy the DVD single later on, but right now I'm broke.

Going from my assumption, I'm going to review the operation mode music video first. There really wasn't a lot going on. I felt that it was just your standard Hello! Project music video... Wait a minute, this is Johnny's. Why am I bringing Hello! Project into this? Err- But seriously, the structure of this version of the music video resembles a typical Hello! Project music video. You have your dance shot, maybe a close-up here and there. There really isn't anything going on.

However, compared to the battle mode, the operation mode features the dance shot more. This is slightly uncommon as music videos from Johnny's never really focused that much on the dance shot. (As of now, most of the music videos from Johnny's that I watched never really shown the dance shot that much). I found this to be a pretty nice change. Also, the music video introduces the nine members of Sensations and their respective weapons. Speaking of the dance shot, while it is very lackluster (as always), I love how they incorporated a few moves that resembles Koro-sensei in a way.

Compared to the operation mode, the battle mode is a lot more interesting. Hence, it's more well-known and used for promotions. Aside from the usual dance shot and close-up, they actually showed the group battling Koro-sensei and failing miserably~ They should've used anti-sensei weapons (they didn't). Also, they showed more scenes of the members wearing Koro-sensei's infamous professor-teaching outfit~ They all looked cute, hahaha.

I did somewhat like the battle outfits. All of the guys looked very cool and I love the addition of the hood and head gear. They all just meshed well together. Although, I wonder why they decided to make the accents pink. They could've made it yellow in honor of Koro-sensei... or a nice navy blue... or red. In my opinion, I believe that Inoo really stood out to me the most. He's just so pretty. He's the Queen, what do you expect?

There really isn't anything else I could say about the music videos. It didn't necessarily impress me; however, they aren't too bad either. Now, let's talk about the song. Like almost every song this year, I would forget about its existence until the music video is released. I totally forgot this song existed until someone on Tumblr mentioned how they hated the song because there was so much autotune-- the mention of autotune got me extremely interested.

And it was true! There is autotune in this song! Well, there wasn't that much autotune-- compared to Morning Musume's 'One • Two • Three.' However, autotune is autotune. I've been waiting for this day for a loooooong, loooooong time. Hey! Say! JUMP finally got (slightly) autotuned. I have accepted the fact that I like EDM-autotune now. Meh, it's okay. /shrugs;

The song is slightly catchy and the group does pull of the genre very well. I found that there is a huge lack of Daiki, Chinen, everyone else. The song was mostly dominated by Ryosuke (obviously), Yuto, and Kei. It was a somewhat nice change and I really did appreciate the fact that Inoo finally got a whole chunk of solo lines. Another thing I wanted to point out- in the lyrics, it says 'Kono sensation.' However, I heard it as 'Korosensenation.' Oops-

*✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ *✧⁺˚ (⑅˘͈ ᵕ ˘͈ )

Overall, this is not a bad DVD single. It's certainly not the best, yet it's the worst either. I will buy the DVD single- that is... if it doesn't run out. I tried to pre-order the Limited Edition, but it went completely out of print after three days. (Why you no save some copies other fans, hmm?) Well that's all for my very random review. Until my next post, jyaa ne~

MUSIC; 夢見る15歳 / 田村芽実
MOOD; I finally finished something! ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ

Comments

Popular Posts