Final Days with Berryz ♦ Goodbye

Today, on March 3rd 2015, Berryz Koubou had their final concert before disbanding- 'going on their indefinite hiatus.' Everyone has finally went their separate ways. I honestly still can't really accept this new reality- that Berryz Koubou is no more. I really do miss them. I miss Berryz Koubou.



。:゜。:゜。:゜。:゜(;´∩`;)゜:。 ゜:。 ゜:。 ゜:。 

So let me start on the story of how I came to knew Berryz Koubou. When I was approximately ten years-old, I had gotten into an anime known as Shugo Chara. I fell in love with it. I adored the anime. I also really loved the opening and ending themes. It lead me to knowing about Buoono! and I fell in love with them. My favorite member at the time was Miyabi. I wanted to know everything about her. And it was because of Miyabi, that I stumbled onto a certain music video... It was Berryz Koubou's 'Dakishimete Dakishimete.'

It's honestly amazing how one group can help change my life so much. It was because of Berryz Koubou that I came to know and love Hello! Project. And from there, I came to know more Japanese pop groups. Also, it was because of Berryz Koubou that I came to know about Inazuma Eleven. I sincerely really did love Berryz Koubou. They were a fun group of people, who had great music. I absolutely adored them! And now they're gone- no more.

It was around 2012 hat I started to fall out of love with Berryz Koubou. I started to dislike their releases and criticized them every now and then. And now, looking back on it.. I regret doing so. The group has always known to be the experiment group in Hello! Project. They've been taken for granted. I should've known better. However, at least know that I held them to a higher standard. They were one of my most favorite J-pop artists.

Now, they group has finally disbanded- went on their 'indefinite hiatus.' All seven members have finally went their separate ways. I really do miss them. I'm getting a bit teary-eyed at the moment. However, despite this, I sincerely do wish for them the best in the future. Whatever they choose to do, I wish them the best of luck. Hopefully, they will continue to be successful! Below- I have listed the post-Berryz Koubou jobs of each member:

Shimizu Saki & Tokunaga Chinami; The both of them will become Hello! Project Advisors, similar to the role of an ambassador. They will be the bridge between Hello! Project and staff.

Tsugunaga Momoko; Since early 2015, she's been appointed as playing manager for Country Girls. After Berryz Koubou's indefinite hiatus, she will move on to become a full member of the group.

Sudou Maasa; In 2014, she was announced to be the playing manager of Engeki Joshibu. Following her departure from Berryz Koubou, she will continue to pursue her career as an actress.

Natsuyaki Miyabi; After Berryz Koubou's final concert, she will take a break. Afterwards, she has plans on continuing her singing career. (Hmm, a solo artist maybe?) She's also interested in studying fashion.

Kumai Yurina; She will continue to attend college and will become a 4th year student this spring. She wishes to finish university within four years. After graduation, she wants to pursue her dream of becoming a model.

Sugaya Risako; After Berryz Koubou's final concert, she'll be taking a break from the entertainment business. During the break, she will use time to think about her future career- what she will do from then on. 

Honestly, I have no problems with these post-Berryz Koubou plans. Some of the girls deserved the long-needed break. And others, well good luck to them~ I hope they're off to a great start in their new jobs~ Although, I secretly do wish that Risako would continue on as a solo artist or maybe an actress. (Ohmygod, Warera Jeanne-) Although they won't be together as a band, they're still 'together' in our hearts. This amazing group of people won't be forgotten. 

Unfortunately, I was not able to watch the live-streaming of their final concert. I had to attend school today- and education is important, kids. However, I was able to view the setlist on Facebook. I found the set-list to be rather okay. However, I was quite sad that they did not perform 'Arigatou! Otomodachi.' They only performed it once, and it was during Berryz Koubou matsuri a few days ago. Oh wells, it can't be helped. I did see the live performance pictures for it. Aside from the monkey outfits, I think everyone looks so pretty!


 (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧CINDERELLA*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Another thing that I wanted to point out was that Maiha watched their final concert. Maiha was there, guys. Honestly, it would've been nice if she came back on stage one more time and sang one last song with the group. Or she could've just gave them a nice message. That would've been really nice. However, the fact that she was there in the audience- I'm quite content~

There really isn't anything else that I could say. I think I pretty much said everything that is needed for this entry. However, I would like to leave some small goodbye messages for the members. I've written them below; 

To Saki - My first impression of you was that you were similar to an ugly duckling. I never seem to notice you that much. And you weren't my most favorite member. However, over time, I came to really appreciate you. You became one of my favorite Berryz Koubou members. You went from being an ugly ducking to a beautiful swan. You're simply radiant. I really do admire you.

To Momoko - It's quite disappointing, actually. Initially, I thought of you as a very cool person. However, I then became annoyed with your so-called 'cutesy' character. I found it to be annoying and I didn't like your pigtails. Nonetheless, you're still a very respectable person. You're a very successful and iconic idol. You even starred in VS Arashi! Please do your best in Country Girls. 

To Chinami - Similar to Saki, you weren't one of my most favorite members. Although, my first impression of you was that you were very cool. You had this sense of coolness- a boyish style that I liked in the music video. Over time, I came to see you as a very playful and lively character~ You're honestly very adorable.You're also a bit funny as well! Please don't ever stop smiling. 

To Maasa - You won't from my least favorite member to my second most favorite member of Berryz Koubou. My first impression of you was that you had this sense of mystery and coldness to you. Over time, I came to really like you. I honestly think that you have a very realistic character. Also, I think that your acting's pretty good. Please continue to act in more plays.. maybe dramas!

To Miyabi - You were my favorite member in Buono! and initially became my favorite member in Berryz Koubou too. You're just really, really pretty! You have a very beautiful voice. I enjoyed listening to your singing. When I was younger, I aspired to be just like you. Although, you're not my most favorite member now.. I still highly respect you and like you. 

To Yurina - You're a really, really tall person! I honestly wish that I was tall as you. I've always thought of you to be a very beautiful person. Your voice is also quite lovely as well. Honestly, I can't bring myself to dislike you. Even back when I first got into Berryz Koubou, I never disliked you. Not even once. You're a very likeable person with a pleasant personality.

To Risako - I sincerely apologize for this; however, I initially thought that you had a very obnoxious character.. due to the fact that you were also in the front. However, I was glad to be proven wrong! You're very cute and have a lovely personality. Over time, you gradually became my most favorite member of Berryz Koubou. I really do love your acting and your singing. 

(I've also decided to include Maiha in this. Why not?)

To Maiha - When I first got into Berryz Koubou, it was already years since you graduated. However, when I first watched their old music video, you instantly caught my eye. I thought of you as a very  pretty individual. Also, your voice isn't so bad either. I do respect you for choosing to continue with your education. However, I wonder what it would've been like if you stayed. 

。:゜。:゜。:゜。:゜(;´∩`;)゜:。 ゜:。 ゜:。 ゜:。 

Berryz工房, さよなら。 ありがとう。 大好き。

Comments

Popular Posts