Final Days with Berryz ♦ It's time for the finale! 'Romance wo Kattate / Towa no Uta' Single + MV Review!

And now here we are- the final review of Berryz Koubou. In the future, I will post my reviews on Berryz Koubou like for Throwback Thursday! / Flashback Fridays! and such. But maybe not anytime soon. We've finally reached the end, everyone. I honestly can't believe it. Today, I shall be reviewing...

ROMANCE WO KATTATE / TOWA NO UTA

(`・ω・)メ===========*;’*';☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚

This is it, everyone. This is Berryz Koubou's final single. In my own opinion, I don't really enjoy the single the entire time. I expected that I would be constantly praising this single- however, I'm actually not. There are a handful of things that I do not particular like. However, don't misunderstand. There are more things that I do like about this single. However, since it's their last single.. it would've been nice if they put more money into it. But it has become their best-selling single! Nonetheless, let's proceed with the review!

- - 01. ロマンスを語って - -

As always, let's start off with the music video. I have quite mixed feelings about this music video. There are a handful of things that I like about the music video. Yet, there are also a handful of things that I did not like about the music video. I guess you could say it's a perfectly balanced music video? Neither the good or the bed outweighs each other. In general, I guess I'll have to say that the music video was passable. It was decent enough, in my opinion.

The way that the music video was filmed was very clear-cut. I do like the camera angles that they used. Another thing that I like about the music video was the whole sorta kaleidoscope-effect they did. I found that to be very pretty. The setting was similar to a television station. In an instant, it felt like a throwback to Buono!'s 'Rottara Rottara' somewhat. However, I wished they emphasized more on the whole television set- instead of making it black and white sometimes and showing the cameras.

The dance was rather simple. It didn't look too complex. It seems fairly easy- I think everyone can learn the dance to it. However, it's not that memorable in my opinion. There weren't really any dance moves that stuck out to me. All I remember was them holding hands and walking around. I wish a little bit more effort was put into the dance. Also, I want to point out that the music video slightly reminded me of Morning Musume's 'Only you' as well. The entire music video was glittering! There was so much shiny stuff. Shiiiiiny.

My favorite aspect of the music video would have to be the close-ups. I really do love the pastel backgrounds. They look so pretty~ Some of the girls were standing, others were sitting down. It was a nice change. However, at the same time, the scenes look slightly cheap as well. I'm sorry, that's just my opinion. I also didn't really like the prop stars hanging in the background either. They should've added in sparkles or did a diamond effects like in Morning Musume's 'Only you.' That would've been really nice. The music video was really glittering and shiny to begin with. It won't hurt to add more sparkles and diamonds into it.

I do like the silver-sparkly outfits for the girls. I think it suits them very well. It makes everyone look slim, in my opinion. The outfits were slightly different for each members, which makes it even more unique. Also, the black and silver do go well together.. thank god! Black usually goes with everything.. but then 'Sayonara, Usotsuki no Watashi' came along. Again, I think everyone looked lovely! Risako was so beautiful! And Maasa looked absolutely adorable~

Well, enough about the music video. Let's move on with the song. Off the get-go, the song has a very Christmas-y feel to it. It's because of the bells that were heard during the introduction of the song. Well, the song was released quite some time before Christmas. So, I guess that's understandable. I did include this song in my Winter Playlist for 2014. This is not my most favorite song from Berryz Koubou; however, it's still a nice song nonetheless. It has that very light Winter feel to it~ (Why am I talking about Winter? It's March already.)

Aside from having a Winter Christmas-y feel to it, this is also a very light-hearted song. It's not a really noisy song. It's quite easy on the ears and won't necessarily overwhelm you. They were really focusing on the bells and the trumpets for the instrumental, at least that's what I heard mostly. Despite this, the song ironically was not that memorable. I was a little bit bored while listening to this song. It didn't necessarily had that catchy hook that I needed. Yet, somehow I still listen to it. Over time, I guess the song will grow onto me.

The girls do deliver very good vocals for this song. Everyone sounded amazing. In my opinion, I think Risako stood out to me the most in the song. Also, I really do like how the girls had fairly.. somewhat equal line distribution. Yes, the song was mainly lead by Miyabi and Risako. However, everyone else had at least two solo lines in this song. It's their last single after all, everyone should sing~! Overall, while it is a very pleasant song.. it's not that memorable for me. I'm a crazy person, I'm sorry. I will come to like this song.

- - 02. 永久の歌 - - 

So now let's move onto the next song, which I believe is everyone's favorite from what I observe. From the start, the music video already reminded me of 'Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai.' The setting, the outfits, it all reminded me of their debut song. I can see why this is the fan favorite, instead of 'Romace wo Kattate.' In my opinion, this is also my favorite out of the two songs. However, there are still quite some things that I do not particularly like. However, the good outweighs the bad. I do generally like this song & music video.

As said before, the music video instantly reminded me of 'Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai.' The setting was slightly similar to the original. However, they didn't really do any scenes that mimic the original (the scenes of the girls running around in the hallways). Oh wells, they can't do everything~ They did the best that they could. Instead, they added in scenes from previous live performances back in the ol' chibi days. Ahh, those were the good old days.

The music video was filmed very nicely, it was very clean. Yet at the same time, the video also had a bit of a vintage feel to it. You can see that especially during the close-up. I honestly don't really have a problem with them. I really like the slight sense of vintage in the music video. It gave the music video a much more nostalgic feel to it. In my opinion, I wish that they would've brought back Maiha in the music video. That would've been amazing. She doesn't need to sing; however- it would've been nice to see the entire group again.

Compared to 'Romace wo Kattate,' the dance is much more livelier and fun~ It really does compliment the song very well. It doesn't seem to complex; however, it's not that easy compared to 'Romance wo Kattate' in which they were just mostly walking. It's not that memorable for me; however, it's still much more memorable than the other A-side. The girls looked like they were having fun in this music video. They were smiling and had very vibrant expressions on their faces. I love the outfits. Everyone looks very adorable~ Risako's and Miyabi's hair though.. Meh, I'll let let it slide for now.

So enough about the music video, let's move on with the song~ Honestly, this is not my most favorite song from Berryz Koubou. Similar to 'Romace wo Kattate,' I don't necessarily love it. It's still a very good song; however, it's just not my cup of tea. As of recently, I've been somewhat forcing myself to listen to the song more. And I have to say, it's really growing onto me. I've started to sincerely like this song. I think that this song is a good song from their final single.

The song has a very pop-rock sound to it. This is a completely different sound compared to 'Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai,' which mainly had a more oriental-like sound with flutes and such. 'Towa no Uta' is more modern. You can definitely hear the guitars and the drums. The song is very lively. In my opinion, it's similar to 'Happy Daisakusen.' This song should be taken light-hearted. Don't think of it as a sad song. We should smile and move forward!

The song really has meaning to it. This is Berryz Koubou's goodbye song to their fans. 'Futsuu Idol 10nen Yatterannai Deshou?!' was a somewhat warning message. 'Towa no Uta' is their goodbye song to their fans. And 'Love together!' is their final goodbye song to themselves and Hello! Project. It really does touch my heart. I can tell that the girls were putting their best foot forward in the song. It would be really nice if they performed this as an encore at the final concert. Maybe Maiha could join in as well! All 8 of them singing would be really cool!

(`・ω・)メ===========*;’*';☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚

Overall, it was a pretty okay single. Honestly, it's not my favorite single. However, it's still very decent nonetheless. I'm really happy to know that this has become their best-selling single with over 80,000+ sales. Berryz Koubou didn't necessarily had the highest single like Morning Musume. So this was really nice. And that's it for my week-long review of Berryz Koubou. One last goodbye entry will be up tomorrow. Until my next entry, jyaa ne~

MUSIC; 流星ボーイ / Berryz工房
MOOD; Still in a writing mood.. φ(゚ ω゚//)♡

Comments

Popular Posts