Berryz Koubou's 'Love together!' Short MV Review


So the day after I post my initial thoughts to the radio rip ...
they release the short MV for it on Hello! Project Station. Well, that was fast.

For my initial thoughts on the radio rip on the song, feel free to click here → [ Initial Thoughts on 'Love together!' + Other Stuff about Berryz Koubou ] For today's post, I will be mainly focusing on the music video that just came out for the song. Also, I just want to point out that this is my second post for today ... I'm being very productive today, despite being sick in bed! Huzzah! This is somewhat an achievement for me! Alright, now on with the review~

I'll be extremely honest with everyone right now ... I'm absolutely disappointed with this MV. But then again, as of recently ... Berryz Koubou's music videos hasn't exactly been the best. They've been quite lackluster for the past couples years. Since this would seemingly be their last new music video, I was hoping that the management or whoever was in charge would put a lot more effort into this music video. Oh wells, it can't be helped. What's done is done.

However, at least they were able to film this music video in a proper setting! They didn't stick the girls into some sort of random box set. So I'm glad that they did it. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm assuming they're filming it in either a music venue of some sort? A musical theater? /shrugs: It looks nice so that's good enough for me! I'm a bit iffy with how orange and purple the music video was. It's a bit too much for me and it looks like the girls are literally glowing - and it does not look flattering. However, I'll just disregard it for now ...

I don't like their outfits though. It just looks really ridiculous and not everyone looks pretty in it. Also Miyabi - who did your hair girl ... Oh gawd. What's with her hair as of recently? She used to be really, really pretty and now she's just ... /sigh; Risako looks okayish but I'm not really loving the new hair color. Everyone else though was actually really pretty in this music video. I just want to point out Maasa for a minute - I think that she looks very pretty in this music video. She really stood out to me in a very good way. Yurina, Saki, Momoko, and Chinami were also very pretty as well. I won't complain about them~

EDIT: Also, I just noticed that the dance for the music video is a compilation of dances from their past singles. Okay, now that is pretty clever! Good job!

While the music video was a bit of flop, I think one major good thing about this music video would be the lyrics. Now that I sorta know the English translation of the song, I can really see this song as a final farewell message from Berryz Koubou. This song is talking about them, I just realized that. A whole majority of the lyrics relates to them. This is my interpretation of the song ⤵

"I won't forget the days that lead us to today. The amazing path. I love it, I love it, I really love it! We'll be able to see each other again." → From the day they first debut until now, Berryz Koubou has really gone so far and long as they grow as idols. They put so much effort in their group and they really are close to one another. They love this group. Surely, they will reunite and stand together again on the stage as Berryz Koubou one day. One day.

"Is this decision selfish? [...] Time has changed for all of us. We're all taking different paths. That's why this moment right now is a treasure." → The decision concerning whether to continue on as Berryz Koubou or to finally stop ... was it selfish or did they do the right thing? Times has changed. The band had fallen far behind and now they've chosen to start anew on different paths. But these last moment for them are precious and will surely be treasured.

"I did hesitate, that is true. I've never struggled like this before." → While they really did their best in their music and such, they have been going through a hard time. Other groups such as ºC-ute and S/mileage (err- ANGERME) .. as well as Juice=Juice has slowly been surpassing them. They've been struggling to keep up with everyone else. They aren't as popular and strong as they were years ago. As said before in the last quote, time has changed.

"It was fun going to the small stations, big cities, and a foreign country for the first time together." → Since the are idols, they will often have to travel to many different cities around Japan and also travel to at least one foreign country. They came to the United States and France. This is a good experience for them. And it was nice that all seven of them were able to share these memories together - traveling to so many different places.

So yep, that's it for my interpretation of the song. Remember, only the short MV was released and thus only an excerpt of the lyrics was released as well. But I think the interpretation I've done so far is good enough. The lyrics for this very pretty really balances out the somewhat disappoint from the MV, thankfully. I really do love this song and can't wait for the full mp3 to be released. I do believe that this song is a final farewell message from them.

Until my next post, jyaa ne~

Comments

Popular Posts