Initial Thoughts on 'Love together!' + Other Stuff about Berryz Koubou

http://boom-hello-project.tumblr.com/
And so ... here are my initial thoughts on Berryz Koubou's new song!

Hello guys~ It's been quite some time since I last posted an entry on this blog. School often gets in the way and I've been so busy with homework. Today -well actually tomorrow- is the start of my Winter Break. Unfortunately, I had gotten sick and now I'm stuck in bed ... However, doing nothing in bed is boring so I've decided to write this short review! Also, I apologize if I'm mostly rambling in this review. I kinda have a slight headache but I'm okay~

Alright, now enough of that! On with the short review!

So yesterday, the radio rip for Berryz Koubou's 'Love together!' was posted yesterday. 'Love together!' is going to be the only new song that will be included in their final best/completion album. I was still at school but it was my last period so I listened to the song anyways. I will have to admit, I was quite surprised at how great the song sounded. I was honestly expecting the song to be a bit of a flop like 'Koiseyo!' or something. Sorry to all Berryz fans out there who like 'Koiseyo!' - I just don't like the song that much. /whacked;

I'll be frank - this is a totally different music style that I've heard from Berryz Koubou as of recently. Yet, at the same time, this sort of music style -the instrumental- suits their vocals so well. I swear to God, everyone sounded so pretty in this song. No one felt out of place at all! This song is actually really, really good! I think as of recently, this would be my favorite Berryz Koubou song. The song has a bit of an EDM sound to it but it still sounds very pretty, in my opinion. I honestly can't wait for the full song to be released!

This is sorta off topic and a bit harsh coming from me - Berryz Koubou fans, feel free to shoot me. I probably deserve it - but I feel like if Berryz Koubou had gone with this sort of music style ('Love together!') for the past couples years .. I think they would've sounded better and maybe gained more popularity? They probably wouldn't have fell so far behind. Just think about it for a moment ...

From my perspective, Berryz Koubou had been the 'experiment' group within Hello! Project. They had all these different sounds for their singles - which ended up as either a flop or a good achievement? (Wait, is that the right word for it? Uhhh) Also, there were times where the members felt out of place too ... I think the band has been taken for granted a bit over the past couple years. Their songs haven't really been that memorable. Now that I'm reflecting on this, I feel bad for being a bit too critical and harsh with Berryz as of recently.

Okay, I'm rambling too much (sorry everyone). But the point is -- if more effort was put into creating their music, if it sounded really pretty like 'Love together,' maybe the group wouldn't have fallen so far behind. The band has been taken for granted a bit ... They've been kinda the 'experiment-sound' group. And now they're going on a supposed 'indefinite hiatus.' But you know, what's done is done. We can't go back in time and change things. All we can do now is just wish the members the best in the future for whatever they do.

Well, that's it for this post really. It's not much of a review (I only write like two paragraphs, what) since only about a minute and half of the song was released. Once the full song is out, I'll probably do another review on it again. Also, I'll be posting my winter playlist later today so look out for that! I know it's last minute but whatever! Until my next post? Jyaa ne~

Comments

Popular Posts