Heyyyy, this is mah jam! ♪

And here is my review on ˚C-ute's new double A-side! (about time, lol)
[cross-posted from Chou Wonderful! / it's still mah review anyways]

(Note: All gifs in the post are made by me. ヾ(^ ^ゞ)

This review will be about ˚C-ute's new latest double A-side Tokai no Hitorigurashi / Ai tte Motto Zanshin. Yay~ So are double A-sides a new thing UFP's gonna do from now on? Hmm, I don't a problem with it! Bring on the A-sides! Lol. To be honest, I wasn't really that excited for the single's release. I don't know, I guess it didn't really appeal to me in a way? But luckily, I have came to love it and now it's mah new jam~

So let's start off with Tokai no Hitorgurashi, or as UFP translates it "Living Alone in The City." This is my favorite out of the two. Now when this MV was first released on Hello! Station, I didn't really appeal to me as much. It felt like any ordinary Hello! Project MV with a set in the studio and effects. And the song didn't really appeal to me at first either. However, when the MV was uploaded onto ˚C-ute's official channel, I rewatched the MV a couple of times and I grew to love it so much~

The song is really catchy and very cute. ˚C-ute's trying to take a break from the hardcore queen image and trying to have fun with this song. It's about a girl and she's talking about her life and this is her life, she'll do whatever she wants with it. She's not going to let anyone control her, it's her life after all. I feel like I can really relate to this song in a way. Hmm~ The tune is very upbeat and fun. You can really dance to it. I really happen to love the chorus and when the lyrics go "WHY NOT?" It's really catchy, that's all I can say. Also, I feel like this song is throwback to Juice=Juice's Romance no Tochuu. I guess the instrumentals of both songs sound somewhat similar to me. Hmm ...

Now the MV really compliments the song and both of them are really compatible and match each other. The MV felt like an ordinary Hello! Project MV with a set in the studio and effects. (usually green screen is squeezed in somewhere but for this MV, there's no green screen.) That's why it didn't really appeal to me at first. I'm not a fan of the outfits since they were the kind of outfits that older women would wear. ˚C-ute is still young ... But at least they rocked those outfits in a way? Now I'm very neutral about the graphic effects in this MV. I do like it but at the same time, I don't really like it. But it does make the music video POP! in a good way.

The dance really complimented the song and matched the song. Although, I felt like this dance was kind of weak in a way. Like, I know ˚C-ute can do better dances this. But I think for the sake of the song, they had to do the dance like this. I don't mind really, the dance is okay. But I just wished that they would have done more with the dance. Also, the girls were really cute in this MV. I love the part with the glasses (I gifed those already) plus the part with the donuts were cute too. lol~ But seriously, I do love the part with the glasses. Ugh, I want those too~

Overall, this was a really decent MV~ I like it, it's cute and happy in it's own way. I know they can do more than this but for the sake of the song, it's okay~ Now onto the other MV which is Ai tte Motto Zanshin, or as UFP translates it "Love is more innovative." I don't really like this MV as much as I like Tokai no Hitorigurashi. To be honest, I feel kind of disappointed in this MV actually. /shrugs;

Now when I first saw the teaser picture of Ai tte Motto Zanshin, I thought that it was be hardcore and rock-like and all these things. When I first started playing the MV, I was disappointed in less than a second. I didn't like it, even though it's one of their better MVs. Also, they're the "queens" of JPOP. They can't be queen without getting their hands dirty. (I heard that quote from someone on Tumblr so yea, credits to that statement to that person on Tumblr if they're reading)

The song really disappointed me at first. I did grew to like it after rewatching the MV a few times (since I had to gif it of course, duh.) But I still wished that they could've done more with the song. Like I imagined this song to be hardcore and rock and epic - kinda like Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke. So when I saw how girly it actually sounded, yea I was disappointed. Oh wells, we can't have everything in the world. We could of had it all .... rolling in the deeeeeeeep. I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself there. Lol.

I love the setting of the MV, I really liked it. That's all I could say. Also, the setting really complimented the outfits too. The outfits really had this military-feel to it and the girls rocked their outfits. And the caps. The caps. I want a cap! They look cool, man! I want one! *3* Can someone buy one for me? I'll love you forever~ Lol.

The dance didn't really appeal to me. Like what happened in Tokai no Hitorigurashi, I feel like the girls can do more than this. I know they can! Morning Musume can't be the one one who has cool dances. So yea, I really wish they would do more with the dance. The girls were decent looking enough in this MV. Nacky is becoming more and more beautiful as time passes by. I swear, she will be as beautiful as Toda Erika in the future. Bless that girl. But to be honest, Chissa and Airi definitely stood out in this MV. imo.

Overall, it was a good MV to watch. And it was really fast-paced too (which makes it hard to gif, btw. well for me, anyways) I wish they could have done more for this MV, especially the song. But oh wells, it's UFP and you can't really expect them to do someone extravagant and all that. Oh wells, this is what they give us and we just have to appreciate it. At least they didn't use green screen again, yep.

Well yea, that's all for now~ Until my next post~ Jyaa ne~
----------------------------------
Song: "Heart Ereki" by AKB48
Mood: Cheerful, cuz I love this song. (▰˘◡˘▰)

Comments

Popular Posts