Lacking in Pastel Colors... Hey! Say! JUMP's 'Chau# / 我 I Need You' Single Review!

I will definitely admit that I was expected more than this. I was really hoping that this would be a good single. In the end, I ended up being slightly disappointed? Ugh, this is what happens when I get my hopes up. /whacked;

The lack of pastel colors, aside from the jacket covers, really disappointed me. I won't go into detail until... a few paragraphs from now. Today, I shall be reviewing Hey! Say! JUMP's most recent single; Chau# / 我 I Need You. Is it good? Is it bad? Read the entry and see what I think!

♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ 

- - 01. Chau# - -

As it is the leading track for this single, let's start talking about 'Chau#' To be honest, I came to really like this track. Ever since I first heard the short radio rip for it, I really liked it. I feel that this song surpasses all of JUMP's other cutesy-rainbowy songs such as 'Come On A My House' or 'Aisureba Motto Happy Life.' That just shows how good this song really is. I never really liked those other songs that much. However, not everything about this particular track was perfect. There were a few flaws here and there that somewhat bugged me.

As always, I shall start talking about this music video first. Initially, I had expected the music video to include lots of pastel colors- after seeing the jacket covers. And when I mean pastel colors, I mean Little Twin Star pastel. Also, I was expected it to be a cutesy music video like 'Come On A My House' or 'Aisureba Motto Happy Life.' I don't like those songs but I love the music videos. I was so disappointed when the music video was released. The song and video did not go well with one another at all. It kinda looked like a random mess.

The music video incorporated a somewhat cute, imagination, colorful factory motiff. Honestly, I had no problem with it. I liked the motiff as it helped show off Hey! Say! JUMP's more cute and childish side. I love the computer graphics (ehh... most of the time.) The computer graphics weren't that bad. I have seen worse.. Also, despite it somewhat pleasing appearance, the music video was quite boring. There really wasn't that much action nor was there ever a storyline either. It was a very generic video, in my own opinion. /shrug;

No matter how bad the music video is, if the dance shot looks nice- I can tolerate the rest of the music video. I will admit that I do like the dance for 'Chau#' While the dance does seem a bit childish and somewhat funny, it does go really well with the song. It follows the beat of the song really well; it matches up with the verses. It was nice to see others such as Hikaru or Daiki come up front or be in the center during the dance. From what I saw, it doesn't seem to be that difficult of a dance. It looks like a pretty easy dance, maybe?

The outfits for this music video is what I dislike the most. They were two outfits for this song; one was the iconic lavender outfits that is used for promotions and the other was the member color factory outfit. I feel like the factory outfits really matched with the theme for the music video. However.. the lavender outfits? What the heck? It didn't go well with the music video at all. It really stood out to me, in a bad way. They wore those outfits during the dance shot... They ruined it for me. Also, I feel like those lavender outfits are similar to their orange outfits that they wore during the ShoKura performance of 'Endless Dream' years ago... A bit unoriginal? Recycling? I don't know.. I just don't like it.

(Although, I did notice that each of the members white shirt for the lavender outfits is different for each member. It had a different silver sequin design on it. I liked that, but I still don't like the outfits as a whole.)

If you look at individual parts of the music video such as a dance shot or close up, the music video seems good. However, as a whole, it was sincerely a random mess. Some parts felt out of place. The lack of pastel colors really made me sad. (I love pastel colors.) I just don't like this music video that much. It was cute.. but still. /whacked; Nonetheless, let's start talking about the song.

As said earlier, I really do love this song. I've been in love with it since day one and I still listen to it. Honestly, I believe that all of the members really did a fantastic job in this song. Everyone delivered really good vocals. I also really like how each member had at least one solo line in the song... not an entire line, it was more like a couple words... but that's still something! I'm very very happy with this song. The song has a very cheerful feel to it. have to say that my most favorite part of the song would be the chorus. It's extremely catchy. ♪ Pinball mitai na kimochi~ ♪ Although, I will have to say that music break before the final chorus was kinda.. ehh. It felt a bit out of place.

Everyone delivered fantastic vocals for the song, but only three stood out to me. And those three are Inoo, Daiki, and Chinen. This song was practically made for them. They sounded amazing. Now, if only we can just shove Ryosuke to side.. give his solo lines to Daiki or Inoo... /whacked; As of recently, Inoo has been getting quite a number of solo lines. All those years of being shoved to the back is finally worth it! Inoo's getting some of the spotlight now~ Daiki and Chinen- must I say more? They just sounded amazing, okay?

Overall, I really do love this song. It's really catchy, cute, cheerful. I have yet to read a translation of the lyrics- but with my super horrible Japanese skills.. I can kinda get a gist of how the song is. It's a pretty happy song. I love the song, but I still don't like the music video. Anyways, let's just move on!

- - 02. 我 I Need You - -

I regret to say that 'Wo I Need You' has become one of those songs where you always skip- but you can't bring to delete it. Within the first ten seconds of the song, I immediately skipped to the next song. I couldn't bring myself to listen to the entire song. I had to force myself to listen to the song from the beginning to the end. Even after doing so, I don't technically like this song. I don't think that this song will ever grow on me anytime soon.

Looking at the song title, I knew that the song would incorporate some oriental (almost Chinese? Is that even the right adjective to say? /whacked; ) sounds to it. And it did, at some parts of the song. Similar to 'Chau#' the song does have a upbeat sound to it. However, as a whole, the song just sounds like a complete mess. So apparently, someone thought it would be a good idea to take all these different sounds and mash up randomly together. Some may disagree with me... But really, for me, this song just sounds like a mess. At least these was some fluency in the song? Maybe?.. I don't know...

I do want to point out the chorus kinda reminds me of 'Zundoko Paradise'? /whacked; I don't know why, it just does. I'm a very weird child. Anyways, all the guys did deliver good vocals in this song. Although, in my opinion, I feel like Hikaru and Daiki really stood out to me. This song suits their vocals the most, and I commend them. They really carried the song here. Honestly, there is nothing else I could say about this song. It's decent, that's all I could say. I don't particularly like it very much. Maybe, one day in the future.. I'll like this song.

- - 03. スルー - -

Moving on, now let's start talking about this flawless song by BEST. When I first listened to the song, I was immediately drawn to it. I fell in love with this song. Well, what do you expect? BEST do have a lot of great songs such as 'School Days' and 'Score.' Wait, before I say anything else. This song does not start with the letter 'S.' Yes, when you actually type it out- it says 'suru' but they actually meant 'Through.' The song title is 'Through.' You all probably know that already, but I just wanna point that out again. Hehe. /whacked;

This is seriously a beautiful (pop) ballad from the group. This was practically made for them. I cannot imagine any other group singing this song. Not even 7 can pull it off, it has to be BEST. It doesn't overwhelm the ears at all. You could seriously relax and just fall asleep to this song. I do want to point out that this song feels like it's 'Score,' 'Sugire Setsuna,' and 'Scramble' combined together. I'm not hating or anything~ In my opinion, it really does remind me of those three songs. I have yet to read a translation for the lyrics. Although, I'm hoping that this song is a bit more positive. If this was a sad love song... then... yea.

I really do love the line distribution for this song- all five members of BEST had approximately the same amount of lines. YabuHika may have more solo lines, but still- Daiki, Takaki, and Inoo had a lot of lines in this song! Those three really stood out to me for this song. They were amazing (I type the word amazing too much). Those three were delivering strong vocals. They all harmonized with each other so well. Just, bravo. This song MAY end up on my top songs of 2015 list.. maybe~ We'll just have to wait and see~

- - 04. KAZEKAORU - -

And now, here is the final song for today. It is Hey! Say! 7's 'KAZEKAORU.' While scrolling through Instragam, I find that handful of girls really love this song from the single. When I first listened to the song, I was immediately drawn to it. I really did like the song. But compared to BEST's song, I don't love it that much. The main problem I have with this song is that it's not memorable. After listening to the song, I would already forget what it sounds like. Also.. it did kinda end up being the track I skip but could never delete. /whacked;

Initially, I thought that this song would also be a ballad as well. The main two A-side are upbeat songs, so the two B-sides could be ballads. They would be balance out each other. I was wrong. 'KAZEKAORU' ended up being another upbeat, cheerful song. I don't have a problem with it, I'm just saying. It would've been nice if this song was a ballad. This song really did remind me of Hey! Say! 7's previous song 'Tada Mae e' except more cheerful and fast!

My favorite part of the song would have to be the chorus. I find the chorus to be the most memorable part in this somewhat unmemorable song. Again, this is a very cheerful and upbeat song. It doesn't really overwhelm you. I think you can relax to this song as well. I did include this song in my Spring playlist; however, I was too lazy to type it out. /whacked; I do believe that all four members delivered amazing vocals in this song. Ryosuke definitely stood out to me. He was the center, despite the almost equal line distribution. Overall, it was a pretty song but not-so-memorable on my part.

♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ 

So that's my review on Hey! Say! JUMP's latest single. This is a very overdue entry. I'm sorry for posting it so late. This was a very decent single. It wasn't that bad. Whether I buy it or not.. Hmm, I'll think it. Well, that's it for now. Until my next post, jyaa ne~

MUSIC; Come back...? / Hey! Say! JUMP
MOOD; I'm working! Feeling happy yet productive! ⁺✧.(˃ ॣ∇ ॣ˂∗̀)ɞ⁾

♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ 

P.S. Happy Birthday to Yamada Ryosuke! ♥

Comments

Popular Posts