Wait... What? Fukuda Kanon's Graduating?

Honestly, I should be preparing for my debate in AP Government (which will happen tomorrow). However, I decided to procrastinate as always! /whacked; Okay, now onto more serious business.

During today's episode of Hello! Station, ANGERME's very own Fukuda Kanon has announced that she would be graduating this year during the autumn time. What are my thoughts on it? Well, read the entry to find out!

♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫

While I feel slightly shocked by this announcement, I had to admit that I'm also not that surprised as well. I have quite mixed feelings about this. I first found out about this when I was scrolling through Facebook earlier in school. I had just finished my exam after an excruciating two hours and was finally allowed to use my phone. When I found a post that had a translation of Kanon's short speech on her graduation, I was like "Huh... what? Did I read that right?"

I'll be frank, Kanon has never really been my most favorite member of S/mileage-ANGERME. In the beginning, I didn't really like Kanon that much. I didn't understand the whole 'Cinderella' thing and she somewhat reminded me of Tsugunaga Momoko, in a way. However, in recent years, I've grown to respect Kanon. I feel like in the past few years, she has really matured. She's still not my most favorite member, but I still like her. ☆

I do feel a bit sad about this announcement. ANGERME won't be quite the same without her. She, along with Ayaka, has been with the group since the very beginning. It'll be really weird to watch new ANGERME music video and not see Kanon in them. ANGERME started off the year on a pretty high note with the success of 'Taiki Bansei / Otome no Gyakushuu.' Almost everyone loved that single. And now this- I honestly didn't expect this to happen.

I will miss Kanon, but I won't miss her too much. I do feel like it's about time that she finally graduated from the group. After Yuuka had graduated back in 2011, S/mileage didn't continue on too good. Their next couple singles after that weren't too great. The group chemistry back then, in my opinion, was really awkward. It was AyaKanon and the other four members. Back then, I expected that Ayaka and Kanon would immediately graduate afterwards. However... they continued to stay with the group for another couple years.

S/mileage - now ANGERME - has been released somewhat better (?) music and have very good group chemistry now. They don't look awkward anymore! ANGERME is on a pretty high note now. They may not be as popular as Morning Musume or ºC-ute, but they started off the year pretty well. Kanon graduating now seems suitable. The group seems strong enough to continue on without her. It's good to leave now while they're still doing pretty good.

From her announcement, it seems that even after graduating from ANGERME- she would be doing new activities by herself (that's how I interpreted it. Please correct me if I'm wrong). Kanon says that there are a lot of things that she wanted to do. Whatever she chooses to do, I sincerely wish her the best. I will continue to respect her and support her.

♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫

So that's all for this entry. I just wanted to make a quick post on my thoughts about Fukuda Kanon's graduation announcement. I'm sorry if I rambled too much during this entry. That's just how I am. Well, I should really finish my homework now. Until my next post, jyaa ne~

MUSIC; 嗚呼 すすきの / スマイレージ
MOOD; Gotta finished homework! [≡] 〆(・⺫・‶)

Comments

Popular Posts