J-pop 30 Day Challenge ♡ Day Eleven

Editing this image was a real pain cuz I hate dark photos. However, I do love MY FIRST STORY no matter what. So I'll tolerate the dark photos and coloring just for them. Onto day eleven!~

Day 11 ♡ List the J-pop Song(s) that are your personal anthems (it describes you, etc).

Personally and truthfully, there aren't really that many songs that truly hits home for me. I can find a good handful of lyrics that I can relate to. However, when you ask about a song that really describes me as a person? That really makes me choke up because this is who I am or this is what I'm feeling put into words? There really isn't that many. Despite that, I will be sharing two songs that I personally relate to the most. 

Black Rail by MY FIRST STORY –

Okay, so MFS isn't really considered pop music. They're generally a rock band. However, I love that there has been so many lyrics that I could personally relate to and think "Yeah, this is what I'm going through right now." The song that I was able to relate to the most – and probably need the most – would have to be Black Rail. It's one of my ultimate favorite songs from the group and the fact that it wasn't included in the Premium Symphony album– the song was robbed of a beautiful arrangement. I'm just saying, I watched the concert and hearing the band performing the song with the orchestra in the back was simply amazing.

While the song is very motivating about going your own way, some of the lyrics really did hit home for me and opened my eyes a bit. I'm just going to share little snippets but I will bold some phrases that I really liked from the song.

We're not done with our life
Why can't we see eye to eye?
We're not done with our life
Will you just leave me alone

What's the point of thinkin' 'bout (one's) life
Our journey ain't fair after all so why don't you all find your own life . . .

In time, you will know
That you all can't win against me
Gather your luck cause it won't last forever
You can't do anything on your own right?

Again, the song motivates you about going your own way - doing what you want to do. However, from certain phrases of the song, I also like to interpret it as a sort 'fxck you' to all those people who tried to bring me down a lot. It's not a song that personally describes me as a person, yeah. Yet, it's my personal anthem to keep me going within my life - to motivate me to try to do my own thing even if there are so many things that are still controlling me.

Loser by Yonezu Kenshi –

Within all of my years of being a J-pop song, I would have never imagined that there would be a song titled Loser. For the longest time, I've just listened to so many idol songs about doing your best or to try to aim for the top. While those songs are motivating, doesn't change the fact that I'm still a loser in real life. I really do love this song. It's one of my ultimate favorite tracks from Yonezu. Honestly, when I die, I hope somebody does play this at my funeral.

Similarly to before, I'm just going to share snippets of the song that I liked and bold some phrases. But seriously though, if you never listened to any tracks by Yonezu - start with this one. From my observation of the digital charts, people are still streaming it. 

Ah, yes I know I’m just a loser who won’t matter, tumbling down to shatter
But I wish I could fly away to somewhere far without being haunted
That’s all I ever wanted . . .

I’m a LOSER I have nothing so it’s fine-  I don’t even matter, right?
Keep messing, keep guessing, Soon it’d be time to go. So long.
I’m a LOSER maybe one day things will go my way
Till then I will go on walking and spinning along beyond time.

What I really love about this song that really describes me as a person is that whole acknowledgement that you're a loser. You don't really matter, you have nothing, etc. Personally, those lyrics really kinda encompass my general self-hatred attitude. However, another thing that I really love was that there was still a yearning to become more than just some loser. You still have this ambition to go somewhere, to do things, that one day it will go your way.

Someone please, do play this at my funeral when I die. Sure, my Vietnamese family will be sincerely confused at why some Japanese song is playing (and my K-pop obsessed cousins will definitely hate it too with a burning passion). However, this is one of my personal anthems. I can really relate to this song.

So those are my two personal anthems. My answers may not make sense and I tend to ramble a lot. Hopefully, you still understand where I'm trying to go. Now tell me, what songs are your personal anthems? What songs describe you or songs that really fit your aesthetic, etc? Let me know! Until my next post, jyaa ne~

Comments

Popular Posts