J-pop 30 Day Challenge ♡ Day Twelve

Well, well, well. Would you look at that? Another image of Suda Masaki and Yonezu Kenshi in the entry banner. I mean, they're my two favorite male soloists. What do you expect? I'm going to mention them a lot in my entries. Onto day twelve!

Day 12 ♡ The best J-drama opening/ending you ever listened to (not counting BGMs)

I've done my fair share of watching J-dramas. Some of really good, some of them... not so good because of either poor writing or poor acting. However, it is through dramas that I've heard some really damn good music. In the end, I cannot narrow the answer down to one. So right now, I'll be sharing two of what I consider to be the best J-drama themes out there.

YONEZU KENSHI'S LEMON 🍋
– theme for the 2018 winter J-drama Unnatural

A medical drama starring Kubota Masataka with an amazing story? WELL, SIGN ME UP. Although, I'll admit that I was late to watching it because I couldn't find subs for it. Lol, bye Kissasian. Hello, watchasian/dramacool. The drama overall was amazing, and probably one of the best J-dramas I've ever watched. Masataka was great as always. Ishihara Satomi also did so well as the lead protagonist. I loved the story, which really pulled at my heartstrings at times. The soundtrack and theme? Equally beautiful.

Yonezu Kenshi is back at it again with creating another hit, a beautiful one in fact. In my opinion, it's the song of the year and one of my ultimate favorite tracks from him. The overall melody and feel of Lemon is rather bittersweet/melancholic, as also indicated by the lyrics. There's a sense of yearning, holding onto the memory of that one person. The bittersweet tone of the song does compliment the drama. It wasn't your typical medical drama. It got really heavy at times. I love the song on its own, but when you paired it as the theme for one of the best dramas of the year??? Perfect match.

I personally don't think there will be a J-drama theme better than this.

SUDA MASAKI'S SAYONARA ELEGY 💋
 – theme for the 2018 winter J-drama Todome no Kiss

Another 2018 winter J-drama to add to the list! Honestly, was this the best drama I ever watched? No, not really honestly. It had a really interesting premise and a beautiful cast. I mean, YamaKen? Mackenyu? Masaki? Araki Yuko? Kadowaki Mugi? Shison Jun? It's filled with eye-candy. However, I kinda lost interest in it after awhile. But goddamn, the soundtrack was heckin' good and Sayonara Elegy would probably have to be my most favorite song from Masaki as of yet.

It's an incredibly catchy tune with an emphasis on the guitars. I also really like how the overall feel of the song compliments the drama as well. While it may not be as beautiful as Lemon, Sayonara Elegy was also amazing in its own way. It's another love song, about it being dedicated to a lover about their (the singer/narrator's) sadness and loneliness. Is it the best J-drama of the year? Okay, maybe not. However, personally for me, I really loved this song as much as I loved the other. I really can't choose between the two even if I'm forced to.

Another amazing J-drama theme and Masaki's live performance of this was A++

So what is the best opening/ending J-drama theme you ever listened to? What J-dramas have you watched and what are your favorites! I want to know!

Until my next post, jyaa ne~

Comments

Popular Posts