J-pop 30 Day Challenge ♡ Day Nine

Ya'll probably thought that I was dead? Nope, one of my baby cousins thought it was cool to like shatter my laptop screen. I swear to God I left for a minute– Anyways, I was out of work for so long and there was only so much that I could do on my phone. But now I'm back! Damn, I got a lot to catch up on.

Day 09 ♡ You can never really avoid anime. Name one anisong that you like

Honestly, there are so many anime songs that I loved over the years. However, for this post, I feel like it would be a crime for me if I did not talk about the one and only Kuraki Mai. While she's not my ultimate favorite female solo artist out there, she's still one of my favorites. I grew up listening to her music because I watch so much Detective Conan. A lot of the Japanese songs that I was exposed to in my childhood was her music mainly. So today, the anisong that I will be talking about – in honor of Kuraki Mai - is Time after Time ~Hana Mau Machi de~.

If you ever ask me what are my top anime themes out there, Time after Time ~Hana Mau Machi de~ will probably be in the top ten. It's an incredibly lovely tune that really makes me feel nostalgic. Although the instrumental backing is mainly guitar and drum-centered, I just love how the overall feel of the song was able to compliment the more oriental/traditional aesthetic of the movie it was featured in.

In my opinion, hear me out, I would like to say that this song is timeless. Get it? Because of the song title? I'm trying to be funny but sorry, I'll move on.  But really, I feel like this song is timeless. As of 2018, this song is over fifteen years-old. It's practically a teenager now. Yet despite this, I'm still loving this song. I've probably played it over a thousand times in my lifetime now. It's an old song, yet it's such a classic and I still listen to it very much. I've never gotten tired of it whatsoever. Here's the honest truth about me: after about a year or two of constantly playing a song, I will eventually get sick of it (like a normal person) unless it's one of my ultimate favorite jams.

It's been more than ten years, and I'm still loving Time after Time ~Hana Mau Machi de~.

Also, here's the thing, I'm not the type of person who likes remixes very much. A lot of remixes I've encountered within J-pop were bad or very meh, which I why I never like listening to it a lot. The only exception to remixes were mainly classical remixes (shoutout to Hamasaki Ayumi). However, with this song, I've loved any remix. I loved the classical remix and I also loved the Time Travel Paradox remix which was on her Togetsukyou ~Kimi Omoufu~ single. The fact that I even love the remixes says a lot for me, to be honest.

Overall, this is one of the best songs (in my opinion) from Kuraki Mai that you could ever listen to. It's an timeless anime classic and also one of the best Detective Conan movie themes out there, or even perhaps one of the best Detective Conan songs in general. Just saying. Now tell me, what is one anisong that you like? Let me know!

Until my next post, jyaa ne~

Comments

Popular Posts