J-pop 30 Day Challenge ♡ Day Thirteen

Looking at the entry banner, it will constantly bugs me how there's this negative space towards the top. I wish I could use a better image but again, I'm on a bit of a time crunch to catch up on the challenge. Well, at least coloring it wasn't so bad~

Day 13 ♡ The best J-drama soundtrack you ever heard (not counting actual themes)

And I'm back at it again with another J-drama related entry. Hey, with J-pop, you're going to be exposed to a lot of dramas it serves as the themes for. Not only do you get to know beautiful idols, you also get to see beautiful actors&actresses too. In my previous post, I talked about the best themes I have ever heard. Today, I want to talk about the actual soundtrack. Those BGMs that sometimes get overshadowed by the theme.

Honestly, I don't like Shitsuren Chocolatier that much as a drama.
But damn, the soundtrack for this is so heckin' beautiful. The best and my ultimate favorite.

As much as I like Matsumoto Jun, Mizuobata Junpei, or even Ishihara Satomi – nothing could have saved this drama. Thinking back on it, the drama was just really forgettable and I couldn't stand the romance. However, the only thing that really pushed me to finish it was the soundtrack. I remember being so eager to download the music album when it was first released. I even downloaded the additional tracks for it. That's how good I thought the soundtrack was.

The music was very sweet and romantic, which fits the dreamy aesthetic of chocolatier setting. It's very girlish which is kinda my type of music when it comes to instrumentals. I used the music as my ringtone, as the background music for my other blog (when mp3 players still worked), as my alarm sound. It's rare for me to love every track from a BGM album, but this was sincerely the first time where I did love and enjoy every track. As much as I love the album as a whole, some tracks stood out to me more than others. My more favorite songs were Last Kiss, Girlfriend, 8bit Paris, Runaway, and Sweet Little Lies.

Ken Arai did an amazing job composing a sweet and lovely soundtrack which fits the drama very well. Years later, he would also do the soundtrack for Todome no Kiss. While it wasn't as great compared to Shitsuren Chocolatier BGM-wise (the drama is better story-wise, don't worry), I really did enjoy listening to the tracks Eden, Heartache, and especially If. So if you're not into the cutesy tunes of Shitsuren Chocolatier, I believe you might like Todome no Kiss better! Still beautiful music regardless.

So that was the best J-drama soundtrack I ever heard, in my opinion. Which soundtrack was your favorite and what dramas have you watch? (Recommend me some, I need more to watch!) Until my next post, jyaa ne~

Comments

Popular Posts