J-pop 30 Day Challenge ♡ Day Ten

I really wish I chose a better picture of Masaki (but to be honest, he looks so beautiful in any pic) but I'm in a bit of time crunch to catch up in this challenge. And I'm determined to not compile my answers into one entry like I used to! Day Ten, let's go!

Day 10 ♡ What are some people that you'd want to see collaborate together?

Personally, for me, there's so many collaborations that I want to see - especially for idols. For big idol companies like Johnny's or even Hello! Project, it feels extremely rare to see their groups or even individual idols collaborating with someone else in the industry outside of obligatory music shows. Even if it was just for a music show, my mind was blown at Sexy Zone and Morning Musume's collaboration for Love Machine. Like wow, two of my favorite idol groups together??? Fourteen year-old Airi would have been absolutely S H A K I N G. In my wildest dreams, I would've never seen a collaboration like that ever happen in real life.

For today's question, I'll just narrow it down to two people I want to see do a collaboration. And those two people are: Yamada Ryosuke and Suda Masaki. From my own perspective, you couldn't have put two completely different talents together.

You have Yamada Ryosuke, who might as well be the face of the male Japanese idol. He's been in the idol business for over ten years, the face/visual of his group, the perfect "boy next door," pretty damn good singer. He does acting, he does variety, he plays the saxophone. You think of a young and handsome J-idol, it's him (outside of you know, Arashi. LDH counts themselves as idols). Again, at a stretch, you can consider him the perfect male idol.

Then, you have Suda Masaki. He's technically a rookie in music. But in the acting? Perhaps one of the biggest names you can think of for young male actors so far. He's appeared in Oboreru Knife, Gintama, Teiichi no Kuni, Mondai no Aru Restaurant, Todome no Kiss. He made his acting debut in Kamen Rider, and still holds the record for being the youngest main rider to appear. I will dare say it, he saved Ansatsu Kyoushitsu. He heckin' saved Ansatsu Kyoushitsu and outclassed Yamada.

So why do I want these two to collaborate? I've seen them already in the Ansatsu Kyoushitsu live-actions. Personally for me, if we put the two of them together for music, I feel like it's going to be wild. While Masaki is a rookie for music, he's making his name out there. His style is a sorta odd pop-rock with a band vibe. Yamada? Well, you know- the typical bubblegum idol pop. It's going to be interesting to see how these two could even work together, considering as they represent two different feels for Japanese pop music.

If I were to imagine how their collaboration would be, I feel like the music would be something similar to Yonezu Kenshi's Loser. It would be a good compromise of Masaki's pop rock style, while still being very pop enough for Ryosuke and to appeal to the idol fans. Or, we can even go the more Uchiage Hanabi route, I feel like that sort of a sound could work for a duo like them. Wait a minute. Suda Masaki and Yamada Ryosuke collaboration.. but what if Yonezu is creating their song?

The ultimate collaboration.

So tell me, what are some people that you want to see collaborate? Let me know~
Until my next post, jyaa ne~

Comments

Popular Posts