MV Review : Boyfriend - Janus

And now, here is my review for ....

Boyfriend's Janus!

tumblr_md6r3ihNMx1rhbexuo1_500

The Link ; The Music Video~

The MV was uploaded onto YouTube on November 7th via starshipTV (link here!) - not too long since the release of the MV teaser. It's been awhile since Boyfriend had a Korean release since they've been promoting the band in Japan with their recent single Be My Shine ~Kimi wo Hanasanai~ and their upcoming single Kimi to Dance Dance Dance / MY LADY ~Fuyu to Koibito~ .

The MV, I could say, have an elegant feel to it. I really liked the dance shot of the MV, it looked really cool in my opinion. The music video was divided into two themes - one was an Angel theme and the other was a Devil theme. Since Janus was the known to be the mythical God with two heads, that's the reason why they have those two themes.

I really like the song, it's actually super catchy. I still like it even though it's a sad song about break-up. And this is where it relates to the two themes. So it's about how a couple is breaking up and the guy is trying to hold it on, telling his girlfriend that he'll be fine. The angel theme represents reality - the guy putting on a smile on the outside, saying that he'll be okay. The devil theme - how he feels inside - represents the guy being tormented in the inside, he can't let her go and is shedding tears.

See how everything relates to each other so well? That's what I really like about the song and the music video.

Another thing, Youngmin died his hair brown so it's so hard to tell him and Kwangminnie apart. I had this problem ever since the teaser came out. It took me three times to figure out who was who. So here is to show who is who;

White Ver. - Youngmin, Donghyun, and Jeongmin.
Dark Ver. - Kwangmin, Hyungseong, Minwoo

Hope that helps you people when you guys watch the music video. Anyways, that is all I can say for this review. I like it, I can't really find anything negative about it so the review remains positive~ Yay~ I'm looking forward to the album, so once I download it and listen to the songs - I'll do a review on the album.

So yea, that is all.

BaiBai.-☆

Comments

Popular Posts