Single & MV Review : Morning Musume - Wakuteka Take a Chance

And now here is my review for ...

Morning Musume's Wakuteka Take a Chance!

tumblr_mbnat2NNGS1r2gmflo1_500

The single was released on October 10th and the official music video was uploaded onto Morning Musume's official YouTube channel on October 6th. They released a dance rehearsal video of the song back in August 30th and they've been releasing different sorts of music video ever since. Anyways, I shall start off with the single review.

First off is the title track, Wakuteka Take a Chance. It has a really catchy up-beat tune to it and I really liked the song. It still had that Reina-Riho lead but since the other members had at least two solo lines in the song - I guess I'm okay with it for now. Then there's the autotune, I can say I'm okay with the autotune with the song. But I hope Tsunku won't keep doing the autotune for the next couple singles. Overall, I really like the song.

Next is the B-side to the Limited A edition - Futsuu no Shoujo A. This is sung by Reina, Masaki, and Haruka. I can sense some equal line distribution among the three. The song had that tune to it, I can't really describe it. It kinda reminded me of the tune from Aishite Aishite Ato Ippun for some unknown reason. It had Spanish kind-of tune to it, I can say. But I am impressed with Haruka and Masaki's singing in the song. This is my favorite out of all the B-sides.

Next is Ayumi & Mizuki's Daisuki 100 Manten (from Limited D edition). It really had that feminine-girly feel to it. That was my initial impression of it, but after listening to the whole song - I came to like it. Ayumi really improved her singing in the song and Mizuki is still really good. I really like this duo in the song. Somehow, I think the song really compliments Mizuki in a way. The song is a pretty good so most girls will like this.

Next is Shinnen Dake wa Tsuranukitoose! which is sung by Sayumi, Erina, Riho, Kanon, and Haruna. The track can be found on the Limited F edition. It had that rock kind of feel to it in the beginning of it. Then towards the rest of the song, it had that girly pop feel. I really wanted it to be sort of a rock song but no, it wasn't. The five really did well in the song. I can really say specifics since their voices kinda blended together in the song, so I can't differentiate them. But the song's cool.

Finally, the last song is Love Innovation which can be found on the regular edition. The tune is very upbeat and had that girly feel to it. I don't really like the song so it's not technically my favorite among the other songs.  I have a feel that Tsunku should have done better with the song. But it's okay in my opinion for now.

Now, here's the MV review!

Before the release of the official music video, they release three other videos. One was the temporary version of the music video, then they released the dance shot, and the "almost done" version. I don't really the music video that much, but at least it's better then the temporary version of it. I really liked how the dance shot was just simple. It was just a plain black background which really stood out. The close up and the upper light version was good too.

But I don't really like how the effects have been done for the music video. It ruined the dance shot for me which is the best point in my opinion. Putting the effects on the "Upper-light" part of the music video was fine, but on the dance shot ... it ruined it for me. I also didn't like the outfits, I understand if they were under budget or something. I just wished the did a little better with the outfits.

Hai, so that's all for this review. I highly suggest for you people to buy the single if you can~

BaiBai-☆

Comments

Popular Posts