OK YEAH! Brainstorming / Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai Single Review!

Fukumura Mizuki
YO. And now here is my SINGLE review for Morning Musume's Brainstorming / Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai desu!  After so much, waiting here it is~ Yay~

First off, let's start with the of the two A-sides: Brainstorming. Out of the two A-sides, this is my favorite. It has a better tune to it and I love the line distribution. Plus the MV was fantastic. It really reminded me of the past three singles: One • Two • Three, Wakuteka Take a chance, and Help me!! in terms of the autotune and in some parts of the song. But I'm serious, I really like the song. Haruna has a solo! Ohmygod! Even though this is Reina's graduation single, she didn't sing as much in this song. I guess it gives fans a peek of what Morning Musume would be like without Reina. Overall, I love the song!

Second is the other A-side: Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai. Whoa, it took me a long time to remember that title. It was so long so I'll just shorten it to just Kimi Sae Ireba, okay? I didn't enjoy the song as much as I enjoyed Brainstorming. First of all, there was a lot of autotune plus there was the Reina-Riho lead again. There was a lot of harmonies and duet and autotune, ohmygod. I didn't mind the autotune since it was kinda expected. The part where it goes "2000 people on the dance floor" was catchy and Harunan&Sayu's "WOW WOW WOW" was catchy too. Overall, it was okay and I liked it.

Third is one of the four B-sides: A B C D E-cha E-cha Shitai. It reminded sooo much of One • Two • Three with the autotune. I seriously enjoyed hearing Kuduu's "DO!" and all that~ The part where it goes "A B C D .. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. " was catchy and sounded good with the autotune. There was no radip preview or concert rip of the song so I didn't know what to expect but I ended up liking this song. I actually came to like the autotune for this song!

Next is this B-side: Tanaka Reina's Rock no Teigi! My last review was on her MV for Rock no Teigi and now here is a mini continuation review on the song. It was supposed to sound like a rock song, but being a fan of J-Rock .. I listen to a lot of j-rock song and this song sounded nothing like it. Good try though, Tsunku. But it sounded like a pop song from the Platinum Era, it really fits Reina's image. This song is a perfect graduation song for Reina.

Next is the B-side of for the Limited D: Tokimeku Tokimeke. This was sung by Michishige Sayumi, Fukumura Mizuki, Ikuta Erina, Iikubo Haruna, and Ishida Ayumi. The older people in Morning Musume, besides Reina. I expected a lot of autotune in this and there was autotune, but not so much. I really enjoyed Mizuki in this, her voice sounded outstanding. It was really catchy with the "Tokimeku Tokimeke."

And finally the sixth B-side: Itsumo to Onnaji Seifuku de. This was sung by Sayashi Riho, Suzuki Kanon, Sato Masaki, Kudou Haruka, and Oda Sakura. The younger members of Morning Musume. This song is seriously a school song, like you're in junior high and you're experiencing first love and whatnot. Out of all the b-sides, I enjoyed this one the most. Yes, one of the reasons is that Kuduu was in this song and she sounded amazing. I feel like I can listen to this everyday to school and whatever~

So that's my review on Brainstorming / Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai! Please buy the single and continue supporting Morning Musume! Until my next post!
------------------------
Song; "Lalala no Pipipi" by Michishige Sayumi (Morning Musume)
Mood; Tired (シ_ _)シ

Comments

Popular Posts