AIRI'S TOP TEN OF 2013: THE SONGS


So, erm, I promised to do this post two days ago or yesterday, I don't remember. I'm sowwy. I've been so caught up with studying for midterms and finals. Also, I'm still kinda sick. After finishing this post, I'm planning on redoing my posts for MVs, since it looks really disorganized. So for this, I shall be doing my Top Ten Loved Songs of 2013. Let's do this! Let's go~

[ Airi's Top Ten Most L♥VED Songs ]

10. "Mononoke Hime" by Customize

This is basically the last song before Matsui Kenta graduated from the group. Okay, Customize was supposedly disbanded. Few months later, they're back together - renamed the band to CustomiZ (I prefer to call them Customize 2.0) - and have a new member named Hama (who I refer to as the 2ki member. Kenta, Goro, Daichi, and Hiroki and 1ki members.) Kenta, I miss you chu to much. Why they no bring you back to? You were my favorite. o(╥﹏╥)o

Ehem, moving on. "Mononoke Hime" is known to be a studio ghibli song. A lot of people don't really like how Customize covered this song, assuming that a majority of fans loved the original more. I personally love this cover. This is my favorite song from Customize. I find this cover to be a lot more interesting than the original actually. Sorry to Studio Ghibli fans. /whacked; This was the song that made me fall in love with the original Customize in the beginning anyways. It's special to me! This is why it's number ten on my list.

09. "G.R.8.U" by VIXX

Honestly, before listening to this song, I wasn't really a fan of VIXX. I knew of them prior because I remember watching their music video for "Rock Your Body." They weren't really that interesting back that and didn't appeal to me well. And then, my friend - who is a huge fan of VIXX - posted a status on how she loved "G.R.8.U." Out of sheer curiosity, I watched the MV. Who would've known that I would be hooked onto this song for the rest of the year?

Although the music video still didn't appeal to me, I was completely in love with the song. Like every other song that I listen to, it has a really happy upbeat feel to it. Heo, it was catchy. It was really really catchy. Especially the chorus, the chorus was catchy and I found myself humming it every now and then. Also, the song matches perfectly with the dance - which is also a plus. I don't know, this song is just really really good and happy-go-lucky. And now it's the fifth or sixth most played song on my iPod. /whacked;

08. "Brainstorming" by Morning Musume

This is Reina's last ever single after ten years of being in Morning Musume! I loved Reina very dearly, she was the person that got me interesting in Morning Musume in the first place! However, with her slowly declining vocal ability and her new band, it was time for Reina to go. Morning Musume needed something fresh. Also, I feel like I'm only putting on the list in honor of her leaving.

However, "Brainstorming" is seriously a really catchy song. It's a throwback of the the past three singles (One • Two • Three, Wakuteka Take a Chance, Help me!!) - in which I refer to as "The Reina Era." But it's also foresees the future, in which Morning Musume was able to be number on the Oricon weekly chart three times in a roll, something they haven't done in over ten years. I really love this song, it's catchy and really cool. The MV, dance, and the song all together fit well together. I love this song so much to the point it's the second most played song on my iPod. /whacked;

07. "Doushiyou ka? / Wagamama" by Nissy (Nishijima Takahiro of AAA)

I'm still waiting for that solo single from Nissy, avex! This piece of perfection deserves his own solo frekin' solo single! I couldn't decide between the two songs so I decided to include them both as one. Nissy is my favorite member from AAA and his vocal ability is absolutely superb!

"Doushiyou ka?" is a very upbeat and catchy song from Nissy and really goes well for its individual music video. This is a song that I would love to randomly blast out anywhere, but I can't. /pout; The song is really fun to listen to. This is the kind of song that only Nissy can pull off perfectly. I cannot imagine anyone else singing this song, evah. "Wagamama" is also a really gentle ballad from him. It didn't really interest me as much as "Doushiyou ka?" However, it really displays his vocal ability and it touched my heart. Nissy, why you so perfect?

06. "Mirror" by The Sketchbook

To be honest, I wasn't really a fan of The Sketchbook before I heard this song. I knew of The Sketchbook since I see people mentioning it from time to time. Also, I saw how some anime fans are fans of them as well. It was because they were like a live-action portrayal of an anime. I don't remember exactly. I just knew of them, I didn't really listen to them until "Mirror" came out. Like it was one summer night, I was bored and I went onto YouTube and BAM! I see the video. I don't regret watching that video. I fell in love with them.

Now, there really isn't any words that I could use to describe it. Unlike JPOP, Japanese Rock mostly consisted of live instruments such as guitars, bass, and drums - some orchestra every now and then. Japanese Pop can be anything, from live instruments to press a few buttons on the computer. I love the guitar and bass in "Mirror" - it was totally in sync with the drums. Also, Hiroshi's vocals are absolutely to die for. I fell in love with his voice!

05. "Saishuukai STORY" by MY FIRST STORY

I personally would like to thank ONE OK ROCK for introducing me to this band - especially Taka. Taka originally was in Johnny's Entertainment before he left. And then I remembered that he had a little brother named Hiroki - that cute adorable cute in Ya-Ya-Yah that always said "Futsuu~" So I was curious about how Hiroki ended up since he also left Johnny's and now suddenly, he's this hot smexy vocalist of MY FIRST STORY. To be honest, I didn't think he was the same person. When I first discovered MY FIRST STORY, I didn't know their connection to ONE OK ROCK. I just randomly found on YouTube and I fell in love with their music video for "The Story is My Life."

"Saishuukai STORY" is really different from what I would hear from MY FIRST STORY. Usually, I think they're trying to be like ONE OK ROCK - from my own personal opinion. Like they're trying to get the sound of the songs to be somewhat like ONE OK ROCK. However, with "Saishuukai STORY" I can see them slowly becoming different. The sound of the song was different (kind of) to me. I think they're starting to be more of themselves, instead of trying to be more like ONE OK ROCK. I just fell in love with this song.

04. "What is LOVE?" by Morning Musume

I'm gonna be honest. This used to be the spot for "Ai no Gundan" but then "What is LOVE?" soon came out and messed it all up. It's amazing how high up this song is. When I thought of putting it into the list, I imagined it being around number seven of six. This song is number four on my list, like whoa.

"What is LOVE?" is really, really catchy and very techno-like (as always.) However, I like the techno-sound of it~ It really goes well with the dance, they were made for each other! Also, it was also nice hearing the lives as well. I honestly think that Riho is slowly improving on her vocals. Although, that's only the lives. She could sound horrible in the studio version. Also hearing Maa-chan's "Is it necessary?" was really cool and interesting! I loved it~

03. "Miss you" by AAA

AAA is perfection. 'nough said. The first time this came out, I completely fell in love with this single all together. This is perfection, I love this.

Although the music video is number one of the year for me, the song is sadly number three. Hey, it's still in the top three! It gets the bronze medal yo! Although the song really fits with the MV, I feel like something is missing from it. I feel like this can really be a good winter ballad instead. Oh wells, I don't care~ I really fell in love with this song~ It does fit well with the winter theme and it has that warm kind of feeling to it. Although it's kinda sad as well. That's actually a plus since we all need that one song we should listen to when we're sad. This is mine. This song kinda represents my winter.

02. "I'll be back" by Da-iCE

Although the music video ranked lower, the song is the number two on my list! It's also the fourth most played song on my iPod too. /whacked;

This was the song that made me fall in love with Da-iCE in the beginning. This song is really, really cool and different from a majority of songs that I have listened to. First of all, they have vocalists that can actually sing! Yesh. Also, they know how to use their autotune properly. You can hear a bits and pieces of it but it's not totally used strongly - like Morning Musume's Help me!! and all that. I see Da-iCE being compared to KPOP bands because of the sound of their music. I believed that Da-iCE is their own individual group. They're not trying to KPOP, they're not trying to be idols like Johnny's. They have their own kinda bubble, they're kinda doing their own thing~

01. "START OVER" by Nano ft. Hiro of MY FIRST STORY

I never knew that Hiro and Nano were doing a collaboration. I never knew that until earlier this month. I loved "SAVIOR OF SONG" and "START OVER" is my favorite B-side from the single. Also, this song is nothing but English. Seriously, it's nothing but English. I still love it anyways and I think I broke the repeat button because of this song. ahahaha~

At first, I listened to this song because of Hiro. /whacked; However, I really do came to love Nano's vocals as well. She's bilingual, if I remember correctly. I came to appreciate her lines more in this song. However, Hiro also did a good job with his lines as well. Although his English isn't really that good, I still commend him. If I can understand it what they're saying, all is good. Nano and Hiro's vocals in this song really goes well together in this song. I absolutely fell in love with it the minute I heard it. This song is my song of the year. I can't stop listening to it. I love everything about it and nothing's gonna change. Oh look, it's already the ninth most played song on my iPod. /whacked;

So that's my Top Ten Songs of the year. As you can see, there are absolutely no Johnny's songs in this list. I'm sorry but 2013 hasn't really been a good year for their songs, I don't wanna talk about it~ I really had a lot of fun doing these kinds of posts and hopefully I can make this an annual thing~ I have a lot of things planned for 2014~ So ... What are YOUR Top Ten Songs of the Year?

Comments

Popular Posts