Hey! Say! JUMP's "Ride with Me" Review! PART TWO: THE SONGS

So yesterday, I review part one which was the MV. So today ...
I shall review the songs of the single! Onward! Let's go! Here is Part Two! /whacked;
WARNING: POSSIBLE RAMBLING IN THIS REVIEW TOO. KEKE.
[ cross-posted with my post on Chou Wonderful! / It's still my review

"The name's Nakajima, Yuto Nakajima." He should be the next 007, mmhmm~

Oh this single, I swear ... When Come On A My House first released, I thought that would be my most hated single from JUMP. I was so wrong on so many levels. The A-side, Ride with Me, seemed bearable - it was almost on the same level as Sexy Zone's Bye Bye Du Bye ~See You Again~ and Morning Musume's Aruiteru. However, their B-sides are somewhat boring as well and I couldn't stand it 50% of the time. I tried listening to these songs multiple times; however, I couldn't finish listening to the song completely because of how boring they were. Oh JUMP, what happened to you?

Let's start off with the A-side, Ride with Me. I was not impressed by the song whatsoever. It is not "fierce" or "amazing." I prefer to call this song to be very mediocre, a bit boring. Why the heck are the other members, beside Hikaru, rapping in this? Okay, Daiki. You are a great vocalist, sometimes even better than Ryosuke. But please don't rap anymore. I swear to god, Daiki sounds like a baby kitten when he tried to rap. The other members such as Chinen can't rap either. If you wanna knows what's best for the group, let Hikaru be the only one rap. At least he knows how to make it sound decent. However, I'm also somewhat disappointed in Hikaru as well. Usually he's a better rapper than this, in my opinion. But for this, it's like everything is going downhill during this song. /le sigh;

Ryosuke really needs to stop trying to be "sexy" because he's not appealing to me whatsoever. Those little whispery voices that he makes, trying to sound sexy ... Okay, I thought that only Shori would do those whispery voices. However, his "Engrish" in this song makes me cringe so much. No, just no. Give the English lines to someone else like Keito or Daiki or whoever else! Besides that, Ryosuke is obviously the center of the song, like every other song that JUMP sings. I'm honestly getting tired of Ryosuke being in the center. I would honestly like to see someone like Yuto and Daiki be the center for this song to be honest. I honestly think that they can pull off this song better.

However, on another note, HALLELUJAH! KEITO AND INOO FINALLY GOT VALID SOLOS IN A JUMP A-SIDE. HELL YES. Usually, you don't technically hear Keito or Inoo having some sort of solos unless it's on a B-side. Or basically, not really having any solos at all. However, for this single, they got solos! All the members got at least one solo line and/or word in this song. YES, FINALLY. Even though it was only for about ten seconds, I was extremely happy to hear Keito and Inoo have a solo. I was really really really happy~ Yay for Inoo and Keito! Banzai! So how about them solo songs for them too? Hehe~

Overall, the song was very JE-like. I feel like not a lot of effort was put into this song. I feel like this is a song that should be sung by Sexy Zone. I know JUMP are better than this, they have much better vocals. However, this song is just a plain no. I did not really enjoy it. I think of it as just another filler song on my iPod. I feel like if you have absolutely nothing to listen to and are extremely bored, then that is when you can listen to this song.

There are four B-sides included in this single so let's start off with School Girl first. To be honest, I was kinda hopeful about this B-side. I had some hope that this B-side will be really decent, just good. The reason? The song title reminds me of School Days, and I loved School Days. That is my absolute favorite song from BEST, so yea. I had hope for this song. Although, in the end, I was somewhat disappointed in this song.

I'll admit that this song really does have an upbeat feel to it. However, I was so disappointed on how child-like this song was. The sound of the children, the whistle marching tune, I feel like this was a song made for children in a way. Also, the girl talking in the song was also kinda awkward. Basically, this entire song was awkward. However, every member got at least one solo in this song - if I remember correctly. Also, the song was very Daiki-centric, in my opinion. So that's kinda good? Overall, it was an okay B-side. I was kinda disappointed though, and this ended up being my most disliked B-side out of the four. I'm sorry, I don't like this B-side.

Hands Up is the next B-side I shall talk about it. Out of all four b-sides, I feel like this is probably the most bearable and probably the only I most like. If I remember correctly, this is a JUMP band song thingy. I honestly don't really like songs when performed by JUMP band. To be honest, I didn't enjoy Perfect Life at all. So my first impression of this song was that it was on the same level as Perfect Life. However, after awhile, I grew to really like this song.

Like School Girl, this song does have a good upbeat feeling to it. The song felt really Kota-centric, and I was really happy about that. To be honest, the song felt kinda repetitive 60% of the time. So I couldn't really enjoy it that much, despite it being my most liked B-side out of the four. There really isn't anything else I can say about this B-side. Overall, it's the most bearable B-side. Yes. 

The third B-side is Go To The Future! This feels like something performed by JUMP Band, but there's Hands Up ... which one is the song performed by JUMP band? Oh wells. It took me awhile to get interested in this song. It wasn't really that interesting, but like Hands Up - I grew to like the song somehow. However, it was somewhat kinda boring in some aspects too. It's bearable, I'll admit. It's bearable to listen to.

(edit: Turns out it wasn't Hands Up that was performed by JUMP Band. It was actually Go To The Future! - my bad. But still, it had that feel to it that made me assume that it was performed by JUMP band. Oh wells, it can't be helped~)

Like any other JUMP song, this song has an upbeat feeling to it. Every member got at least one solo line/word in this song so I was kinda glad about that. This song felt kinda old, it had that old beach rock feel to it, kinda. I don't know, it felt kinda old for me. Like this song somehow reminded me of Dia Lady's Lady Mermaid. I don't know why, it just does. The song doesn't really center on one member's vocals, it was kinda evenly distributed 90% of the time. Overall, it's okay to listen to. It's decent. I honestly do think that this song would be a good song for a drama OST. I can imagine hearing this song being an ending theme to a Johnny's drama. Hmm ...

The fourth and final B-side is GIFT and this is described to be a winter ballad. It's bearable, like the three other B-sides of the single. In terms of it being a ballad, this song is a very decent. To be honest, it feel like this is specifically a Christmas ballad, instead of the general winter. Plus during Christmas, you gets gifts~ And this song is title GIFT after all, hahaha. Also, the song really reminds of their song "Thank You ~Bokutachi Kawai Kimi e~" - both ballads kinda had the same feel, in my opinion. So yea. There really isn't much I can say about this song. To be honest, it wasn't that interesting either. What's with the majority of this single's B-sides??

Overall, the entire single in general was somewhat really boring. Would I buy this single? Maybe, if I feel like it. However, it really isn't worth buying. I feel like if you're a really really really really dedicated fan of JUMP, you can get this. But overall, it's not really worth buying since the songs aren't really that interesting in the general. I did enjoy listening to Hands Up and Go To The Future! sometimes, but still - those songs didn't really stick out. I honestly wish that more work was put into the single. It has potential and I know JUMP can do better.

Well until my next post, jyaa ne~
----------------------------------------------
Song: "Aitakute Aitakute" by Nishino Kana
Mood: I'm okay. ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Comments

Popular Posts