J-pop 30 Day Challenge ♡ Day Four

This is perhaps one of the shortest answers I have so far. But anyways, it' officially day four and I'm still proud of myself for not having missed a single day yet! w00t.

Day 04 ♡ Your favorite or the best choreography you've ever seen

I know that there's so many great dances out there in the J-pop industry. An example of such would be Perfume who are practically my queens of synchronization. However, when I see the question- there was only one choreography that stood out in my head. It's incredibly simple, fun, and cute. It may only be approximately a minute and 30 seconds long, but it's so memorable tat it has become one of my favorites. Today, I will be talking about Hoshino Gen's Koi.

I would like to say that this song is the song of 2016. Just to share some background information, this song was the ending theme to Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu which features Hoshino Gen himself as the male lead as well as Aragaki Yui as the female lead. The drama was great, I enjoyed watching it. However, this song became such a huge hit. It was practically dominating the digital charts and soon the dance became a trend in Japan. You can look up 恋ダンス and you can probably find so many videos online.

Would I say that this is the best choreography out there? No, there are better choreos out there that are more impressive. However, for me personally, Koi has been the most memorable. As I said before, it's quite simple yet cute at the same time. When they showed the dance at the ending, it was incredibly to follow along. I mastered this dance in three tries. For each episode of NigeHaji, I would never skip the ending. I would just play the song and dance along to it. I loved this song so much, no joke. Two years later, I still remember the entire choreography to this song and immediately start doing the moves whenever the song or even a cover starts playing.

Overall, for me, this is was just a small yet fun dance to do. I personally think that everyone can follow along to it. This song and dance was incredibly memorable for me, even if people have gotten tired of it by now. I do enjoy seeing very impressive choreography that shows synchronization, sharpness, a high level of skill. However, I still love seeing just simple dances like this that anyone can dance to. It has a special place in my heart. Similar to how short the dance is, the answer for today's question is short~ So I hope you all won't mind~

Until my next post, jyaa ne~

Comments

Popular Posts