J-pop 30 Day Challenge ♡ Day Six

It's officially Day6! Get it? It's the sixth day... There's a Korean band named Day6... Ugh, I visualized this so much better in my head with like music cuts and such. Anyways, as said, today is the sixth day of the 30 Day J-pop Challenge! Today's question is–

Day 06 ♡ Your favorite or the best music video you've ever seen

There are many music videos that I've liked over the years. Honestly, I don't have a set criteria for a music video to be great because I like a lot of themes. For example, I'm a sucker for colorful music videos with ˚C-ute's Sekai Ichi Happy na Onna no Ko being an example of one. While I couldn't really narrow down what exactly was the best music video ever, I'm just going to share one that's just one of my personal favorites. And that music video is Juliet's Shiroi Mikazuki. Honestly, it still bothers me that I've been sleeping on these girls for so long.

This was the first music video I've ever seen from them and personally, it's become of my ultimate favorites that I've seen so far. The way the music video was filmed makes it look high quality and I love how unique it is. Why is it so unique, you ask? The music video was edited so that it looks like it's the ending credits of a modern film. There are credit scenes and images, the black frames, the scrolling text. There was credits in the beginning but all subsequent texts were actually the lyrics! This is something I never really seen before for music videos which really- impress isn't the word but- wowed me. I fell in love with this upon first watch.

Not taking in the edits, the scenes the music video showed were quite simple. We have Maiko and Yumi singing together in a white room with a supporting band and then there's the duo again outside during the nighttime. The scenes like that are usually aren't that special but I like them this time because it helps add to that ending credit. The scenes remind me of those last scenes where everyting's resolved and friends are together again happily. Also whoever edited this, give them a raise. I just love the filter that was used to make the lighting for all of the scenes feel soft.

Nothing really feels out of place and the transition from one camera shot to the next was pretty smooth in my opinion. Overall, this was just a clean and polished music video. I just love how they made it stand out by editing it similar to an ending credits structure. Even the music complimented the theme – I don't know about the translation but just the mood of the song feels like it's the ending after a long journey. I'm bad at explaining certain stuff, forgive me if you don't understand what I'm trying to get at.

Lovely song.
Polished music video with interesting editing theme.
Girls looking gorgeous as always.

I honestly couldn't ask for more in a music video. Personally for me, this will be one of my ultimate favorite music videos that I've watched so far. So tell me, what's your personal favorite music video or the best music video you've watched so far?

Until my next post, jyaa ne~

Comments

Popular Posts