J-pop 30 Day Challenge ♡ Day Seven

 
It's officially the day seven and the end of the first week of the the 30 day challenge! How are you all feeling? Are you liking the questions and my answers so far? Hopefully you are! If not, that's okay. There will be more interesting questions later on.

Day 07 ♡ Recommend me an underrated group/artist or song that you love!

Now before you say anything, yes I am well aware that this song was charting in June. I saw it pop up a lot in the Oricon digital charts for June. For some people, this may not even be an underrated song. However, from my own observation, I don't see a lot of people talking about it a lot - especially within my social bubble. Because of that, I feel like this song is a bit underrated. Also, I'm just loving the heck out of this song and I want to give it more attention. From the entry banner, some of you might know what song this is. For people who don't know, my answer for today's question is– Suzuki Emiko and Kameda Seiji's cover of Front Memory, the theme for the upcoming live action of Koi wa Ameagari no You ni.

I hecking love this song and no other cover could ever beat this. I've listened to the original song by Shinsei Kamattechan years ago because Niigaki Risa was featured in it. I remember listening to it once, went "meh," and kinda forgot about it. And then I came by this new cover by chance. It randomly popped up as a suggestion on YouTube and I went "Why not?" ––– This song has come back and I've fallen in love. The new arrangement, the vocals- I died. Because of this, I've started listening to the original and hey! I actually really like the original now too!

The new arrangement feels like a fact-paced blend of classic and pop, which suits Suzuki's vocals (that vocal range though). It's an unexpected but fresh cover on a rock song, with a focus more on the violins and piano. The new arrangement mixed with the vocals gives me a sort of strong and powerful feeling. Yet, at the same time, the song also suits the mood for slow and gentle rainy days. It's incredibly catchy and ever since I first downloaded it, I haven't been able to stop listening. I end up singing along to the lyrics a lot too. ガンバレないよガンバレないよ~

In my opinion, this is such an underrated song that needs more attention. Yes, I understand that it was part of a soundtrack for a live action. But this song felt so refreshing to listen to, like a much needed rain after so many hot days. From my observation, no one within my social bubble even know that this exists at all... which is very sad. The lyrics are a bit over the place and it's hard to grasp actually what the real theme is. However, the instrumental is still very lovely. So if you need a new song to listen to, I highly recommend giving Front Memory a try.

What's an underrated group/artist or a song that you recommend? Let me know!
Until my next post, jyaa ne~

Comments

Popular Posts