J-pop 30 Day Challenge ♡ Day Three

Three day streak, whoo~ I haven't missed a day so far, thank god. To be honest, I really thought that I would end up procrastinating around day three and start doing compilation answers again. But I didn't! I will not give up so easily. And now, let's get into today's answer~ People are gonna hate me for this probably.

Day 03 ♡ Who's your least favorite J-pop group (and/or solo artist)? 

Oh my god. I'll admit that there are a handful of J-pop groups that I don't necessarily like. I don't hate anyone. Rather, it's due to a handful of reasons like I'm not invested in their music or I'm not interested to follow their activities. It doesn't count if I never knew the group before or if I never got a chance to listen to a handful of songs from the group. But back to the point, at this moment- there are a handful of J-pop groups that are my least favorite. I feel like I'm going to get shot down if I don't answer carefully. However, this is my opinion. This is how I personally feel. If you like so-and-so, then you go like them. I ain't gonna stop you!

There are a good chunk I could answer the question with. There's the obvious AKB48, which I don't particularly like as much compared to other groups. They have a handful of tracks that I enjoyed but I'm not really invested in them. Although, the 46 crew has been on point as of recently - just saying. Another answer would be BOYS AND MEN. I know people like this group; however, I haven't really gotten into their music so much either and I only know Kobayashi Yutaka because he was in Kamen Rider Gaim.

So for today, I will be talking about–I know other Hello! Project fans are gonna kill me for this–is Juice=Juice. If you're a H!P fan, you're probably thinking I'm some crazy person. I know so many people who are loving the group and loving their songs. However, for me, I just fell out of love with them. I really lost interest in the group over time since their debut. If I had pick between them and some other H!P group, I'd prefer listening to the latter in all truth.

Juice=Juice is in no way a bad group, just getting that out there. They're a group filled with wonderful, charming girls. They just recently had a world tour as well. I just can't stay invested into them. In terms of their music, I'm not quite into it compared to others. Yes, there are a few tracks that I really enjoyed such as Dream Road ~Kokoro ga Odoridashiteru~ and KEEP ON Joshou Shikou!. However, for a good other majority of their music, I'm either like "meh" or "ehh, it's alright." I know a lot of people within my social bubble are raving about their latest single especially Vivid Midnight. For me, I'm like- I couldn't really get into it. It wasn't my cup of tea.

It's sad that I remember really liking their early works, but when I try to listen to those again- I don't feel that same spark I felt years ago. Aside from the music, I couldn't really bring myself to follow the group very closely and get to know the girls and the personalities. In a way it makes sense- if you aren't interested in their music, why make the effort to become a dedicated fan and know these girls more? Despite this, I will say that I know for sure that these girls are talented idols and have blossomed into beautiful ladies. Look at them!

Overall, Juice=Juice is not a bad group. If you love them, that's cool! They're just not my favorite, and one of my least favorites. I just can't get into the group and I've just lost interest in them over time. Maybe one day, I might get into them and become a dedicated fan. But for now, that just seems unlikely. I do wish the group the best, no matter what, and I'm very interested to see how Manaka will function in the group now that she's back.

So until my next post, jyaa ne~

Comments

Popular Posts