In which I start wishing for Reina to come back to Morning Musume. T u T

And now, I shall review Morning Musume's recent best album!

(Haha, Duu is like "I don't care, I'm just going to play with my pony.")
Now to start things off, the girls look absolutely AMAZING in the CD Jackets. They look so beautiful like angels and I really love how simple the CD Jackets. Duu was beautiful and Mizuki was just like a princess! Sayu was rocking it and Eripon is really becoming more and more beautiful~ Zukki was also absolutely adorable~ Okay, now enough of the girls, let's move onto the songs.
(I'm gonna start wishing that Reina comes back soon, pls)

Love Machine was the first track, and I did expect this because it was their most best-selling hit. Now, I know what most people are going to say. They hate the autotune and love the original and blah blah blah. Now, I said before but I love the new updated version of Love Machine. I do love the original but now I think I love the 2013 updated more. I think it suited the present generation more. The new updated version gives it a more bubbly pop and to me, feels a bit more girlier (is that even a word? oh wells.) I think it would really appeal to the girls of this generation. Like the newer younger fans of Morning Musume. I really do love the song, I love the new electro-bubblegum pop remix to it.

I WISH was the second track of the album. Now up until now, I never really paid that much attention to I WISH. I never really had a chance to listen to it but I knew of it as the "old graduation song before Namidacchi" and of course, it was one of Morning Musume's older songs. So before I listened to the updated version, I listened to the original. The original was okay but I liked it better when sang live. I WISH is such a beautiful song. I love how it was remixed into a ballad-like song and Duu really aced the beginning! Good job Duu! Also, I really like the more modern feel to the song now, when compared to the original.

Renai Revolution 21 was the third track and the first of the previews that I listened to. Now, I really like the song. However, when comparing it to the original, there wasn't really that much difference except for the digital techno sounds added into the instrumental. Well at least in my opinion. It didn't appeal to me that much, it had the usual autotune and techno in it so I felt kind of bored listening to it. I like the updated version but I wish they could more effort into the song to make it stand up and different from the original.

The☆Peace! was next, and it sounds so different! In this beginning, it had this very pop girly instrumental beginning to it before it got hardcore, boyish like how The☆Peace always was (well in my opinion. Because of that beginning, I was definitely thrown off! I thought that girly-ed up The☆Peace! but thank the god that it still had that hardcore, boyish sound to it despite all the techno and autotune. Also, somehow it sounds like The☆Peace met Renai Hunter. Like in some points of the song, the instrumental sounded just like Renai Hunter.

Souda! WE'RE ALIVE is the fifth track and it's awesome~ I really like the song, even though it really isn't that different from the original. I still like how it still had that hardcore-ish sound to it, and I'm pretty sure that it's going to be a good song for concerts~ Well it's always been a good song for concerts~ Also, it's also good how they stayed away from the autotune this time~ Even though it that electro sound every now and then in the song~ But overall, this is a really good song and I enjoyed listening to it!

THE Manpower!!! is the next (sixth) track for this best of album~ Despite it being a good song, the new updated version is actually lacking. There really wasn't any difference from the 2013 updated version to the original version. Although I prefer the 2013 instrumental to the original, the vocals in the original were much more powerful compared to the girls now. .... Someone bring Ai-chan back! Yossie! Kaorin! Anyone! Please bring them back!

Aruiteru has officially been Sayumi-fied. It has been kawaii-fied just for Sayumi. But now that I think about this version and the original, yay! SAYUMI ROCKED THIS~ To be honest, I didn't like the original. The original was boring and sounded all country-ish to me. It was bland, and yeah. But listening to the new Sayumi Kawaii-fied version of it, the song seems more bearable now~ I actually like it! But as I listen to it, it sounds like this is Sayumi's graduation song. T u T Please don't graduate Sayu, evah.

Renai Hunter is next and now this is where I start desperately crying for Reina (and Gaki) to come back to Morning Musume. For this song and onwards, they didn't change the instrumental for the song. But the voices are so high and squeaky. Someone, dear lord bring back Queen Gaki and Princess Reina! Riho can't sing this, and Mizuki and Sakura sounds so awkward in this! I need Reina and Gaki. They are the only one who can make this amazing song amazing. Now, it's just meh because of the 2013 version.

One • Two • Three isn't as bad as Renai Hunter. I actually really like this song.The instrumental sounds the same but the remixed the autotune, the autotune sounds different compared to the original. I also really like how they distributed Reina's lines between Ayumi, Masaki, Sayu, and Sakura. Well mostly Ayumi and Sayu. But the song does sound good. Sakura sounded awkward in song. No offense to her but she sounded awkward. I guess it's because this was the start of the new electro era and she didn't debut yet so yea. Overall, I really like this. It's okayish.

Wakuteka Take a Chance is also on this album and I NEED REINA!!!! Sakura sounds so off on this song and the only who can pull of those lines are Reina. This song was made for Reina. It was made for her. So when I listened to the new updated version, I was all no. This is a definite no. I cannot listen to this, I'm sorry. Sakura had a majority of Reina's lines but she sounded so off and awkward. People, we need Reina back even if her voice is deteriorating. This song is meant for Reina, I need her back! Please!

Help me!! doesn't sound as bad but I need Reina. Everything from One • Two • Three to Kimi Sae Ireba, was made for Reina. That was the Reina mini-era there! Help me!! was as bad as I expected. But it was lacking and I didn't see a reason why they made a updated version of this. It practically sounded the same. Sakura sounded the same, Riho sounded the same. Everyone sounded the same. Honestly, I wish Help me!! wasn't on the album. Instead, they should have put a song like Mikan or Nanchatte Renai- No wait, they will just ruin those Platinum era songs. I can't risk that.

Brainstorming wasn't as bad but I still need Reina. Everyone mostly sounded the same but everyone was just so awkward, they're like desperately trying to sing Reina's lines but they can't. Have you heard Masaki sing Reina's solo line? Lol nope! In the live, I thought she wasn't that bad. But she proved me wrong, someone bring back Reina! Anyone!? Someone!

Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai is the third to last track on this album! Yes, we're almost done! Just like Help me!! and Brainstorming, let's bring back Reina! Anyone? Anyone?

I'm going to skip Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke and move onto the last song!

Wolf Boy is one heck of an epic song. I love love love love love love love it so much! This song should've been a single and I still want an MV for this. Like Tsunku, make an MV for this! This song is just so cool~ La la la la la la la URUFU BOI~ (WOLF BOY~) I'm already in the process of making another Marius x Haruka story based on this song because it's just so damn awesome and addicting! I Love this Song out of all the songs on the album!

And that's all for this review~ Until my next post~ Jyaa ne~

Comments

Popular Posts