I'm back with VIXX!

Hello guys~ I'm back again~ It turns out that I can't stay away from my blog! /hugs blog; I miss you so much blog! I will never leave you alone again! It felt so awkward, not blogging anything. Well I'm back with my review of VIXX's Voodoo Doll! Yay~ I do like this concept~ Teehee~
[cross-posted with my post on Chou Wonderful! / it's still mah review anyways]

Now, it's pretty obvious that there are some people out there in this world who was scared to death when watching this MV. The reason? Because of the blood and insanity of this MV. However, when watching this, I was just too amused by at it all. I even laughed at it a little bit and I liked it. I like the blood and insanity. Hey, this is coming from a girl who watches horror movies in the middle of the night. I also watch crime shows such as CSI and Criminal Minds too, yo. So yea, this MV did nothing to me.

The storyline of the MV is actually very simple. The members of VIXX are all controlled by a psychopath lady - who is really, really pretty imo - that everyone hates. Okay, people, there has to be someone that controls the voodoo. The lady is an important factor in this particular MV, so I basically have no problem with her. Anyways, someone in the middle of the MV, they all escape. However, the lady still has control of the doll (why you guys no take the doll with you?) and apparently Hongbin got trapped again. And somehow, the other members of VIXX didn't come back for him. Hey, I know you guys want to escape and live but he's a member of VIXX too! Why you guys no save him? /sighs; Oh wells.

I do like this MV, it's really interesting - well not really in terms of the story line. I find that the story line is very poorly written and I know they can do better than this. There was a lot of holes in the MV. Remember how the guys escaped? It didn't show us how they escape. Like did they break free from the chains or what? Like what did they do? Also, why was Hongbin the only one that the lady trapped? I watched the MV and the Voodoo Doll that she had controlled all the members. Yet Hongbin's the only one that couldn't escape. That's something that they didn't explain.

I do like the dark, voodoo doll concept of the MV. Recently, VIXX has been doing really well this year and I commend them for that. I love their dark Jekyll & Hyde concept and I love this concept. By far, from my perspective, VIXX is the only one can perfect these dark concepts. I commend them for that! I really think they did a good job with this dark concept. I like the use of blood, the use of gore, in this MV. It really made the simple voodoo doll concept very interesting. I will commend the make-up artists for doing a good job, I wasn't impress by the fake skin and piercings and all that. I knew it, the minute I saw it, it was obviously fake and it was rubber. Although, the guys' acting was good. I actually did believe somewhat that those things would hurt. 

The song was really good, imo. The guys are great vocalists and again, I commend them. Ravi's beginning line though- what the heck did he say? Like gawd. I had to go online and check out the lyrics. Turns out he said "You shot right through my heart. I will fight for you." Oh KPOP, you and your Engrish. (same thing for you JPOP, you're not off the hook.) I like it when the lyrics when "tick tock tick tock." That was my favorite part of the lyrics. Despite how good the song is, I don't really get how it relates to the voodoo doll concept. Like it doesn't directly relate to the voodoo doll concept. But from my understanding, the song talks about how a guy would do whatever the girl tells him to do. He'll do whatever for her. (out of love I'm assuming?) So basically the girl controls him - so the song does indirectly relate to the voodoo doll concept I guess? Ehh ...

The dancing, which in my opinion is always a key thing in any MV, was ... alright-ish. I wasn't really impressed by the dancing. The throwing of the member-ish in the beginning was like a throwback to SHINee throwing one of their members in the dance in Everybody. It was interesting how the needle (since you know, the voodoo doll concept) was incorporated into this MV. Also, how the members were supposedly "stabbed" was kind of interesting too. The dance is okay, but I wish it was choreographed better. Just having the needle isn't enough. For a voodoo doll concept, I imagined the dance to be like marionette-like or something. Or like one of the members would control the rest - again voodoo doll concept. However, we didn't really get that. All we got was members stabbing each other and whatever. So the dance ... it was alright but it was kind of a disappointment too.

Overall, in general, this was a good KPOP MV. I do like this, in general. But if you look into detail, like what I kind of do, the MV can be somewhat disappointing too. VIXX did do a great job on this, they've being doing to so well this past year. I will definitely buy their VOODOO album, as well as their Jekyll & Hyde albums (if I ever get the money.) The MV was hardcore and cool, I do recommend you KPOP fans to watch this because it's cool. Plus N was good-looking, kekeke. /whacked; Yea, it was okay. It was good MV to watch.

Well that's all for this entry~ Until my next post~ Jyaa ne~
-------------------------------------
Song: "School Days" by Hey! Say! BEST
Mood: Meh, I'm okay. '3')/

Comments

Popular Posts