Kis-My-Ft2's Snow Dome no Yakusoku / Luv Sick [Initial Thoughts]

Sooooooooo .... Here are mah initial thoughts on Kisumai's new double A-side. I think this is the year of the double A-sides, because so many singles that were released this year were mostly double A-sides, gyahaha.

To be honest, I think that this is my first Kis-My-Ft2 review, evah. I don't remember if I did a review on them before, maybe I did - maybe I didn't. Oh wells~ So anyways, here are my initial thoughts on Kisumai's new double A-side "Snow dome no Yakusoku / Luv Sick." I can't do a proper review on this yet, because the single hasn't really been released yet plus the full MVs aren't out. Well, the full MV for Snow Dome no Yakusoku has been released but we only got the short MV for Luv Sick. Hmm ... Anyways, moving on~

This single is really centered on Taipi (Fujigaya Taisuke) - well from my perspective. Well every single from Kisumai is always centered on Taipi, but this single in particular really really have him in the dead center of the spotlight. This is something I've always hated about Kisumai. Like this have this 2-5 thing. I know what you all are going to say - "It's 3-4! Not 2-5, stupid!" But if you really think about it, it's more 2-5. Tama never really had that many solos lines or whatever (from my perspective.) The main vocals of almost every song has been Taipi and Hiromitsu. Tama-chan's only part of the center three because of the popularity he gained from Ikemen Desu ne. Poor Tama-chan ... I hope someday he can get a real solo in a future single.

Snow Dome no Yakusoku is a very decent ballad. I really like it - it's nice to listen to. Although, it feel likes I listened to this song before. Like the instrumental from this song reminds me of another JE ballad that I can't remember. Or like this is a JE ballad. I don't how to describe it well for you all to understand, but JE has the specific style when it comes to ballads. Very JE-like, I'll say it like that. Okay, let's just move on. Snow Dome no Yakusoku is really gives up a Christmas feel to it, I think I found my Christmas song~ Lol~ Besides that, the song really gives off this soothing gentle feel to it. I can really relax to this song.

The MV, from what I remember (I had to skim through it a bit since at the time, I had to study for a test), really does have a Christmas feel to it. They're outfits were red and white, and the setting for the MV was red and white which gives off a Christmas / Winter look to it. Well, white and red together has always been Christmas / Winter colors to me so yea. Plus there was the snow (ehem, fake snow) in this MV too. So the MV really does have that Winter look to it. It's really nice and simple, and really compliments the song. It matches the song perfectly. Yea.

Luv Sick is the opposite of the gentle Snow Dome no Yakusoku. It's hardcore and epic-like, and practically the perfect theme for Kamen Teacher which stars Taipi. With its hard pop rock sound to it, it's clearly the better of the two. And I'll admit that I do like Luv Sick over Snow Dome no Yakusoku. However, I find this song to be very unoriginal. It didn't really wow me that much when I first heard it. The song is very JE-like and I feel like I heard the instrumental from another song. Now that I think about it for a minute, I'm starting to like Snow Dome no Yakusoku more than Luv Sick.

The MV for Luv Sick (well all we had was the short version, btw) is somewhat similar to Sexy Zone's Real Sexy! in a way. Remember the concept of how FumaKenShori were heroes and defeated this alien thing in their MV? Well for Luv Sick, it's kinda similar in a way. Plus we got green screen again, yup. So Taipi is center for this MV again and he's the hero that's gonna defeat this mysterious dude in black (that I feel is similar to the dude in black from Hitomi no Screen.) Yea, I was disappointed when I watched this MV. I really wanted it to be fun and colorful like Ai no Beat but we can't have everything. -sighs- Oh wells.

So yea, that's it for this post. These are all my initial thoughts on Kisumai's new double A-side. I hope that when the single is released and they released the full version of the MVs, I can do a more proper review on it maybe? So yea. Well until my next post~ Jyaa ne~
------------------------------
Song: "Sau Tất Cả" by Tiên Cookie
Mood: Ummm .... ヾ(´・ ・`。)ノ”

Comments

Popular Posts