[ requested ] SHINee's "Everybody" Mini-Album Review!

I get a request for a review~ Yay~ This review will be on SHINee's comeback~

Do you know how hard it was to find gifs of their MV for "Everybody"? It was so hard to find decent clear gifs of the MV to the point that I thought I had to go and make them. Well luckily, I found a few - thank you Tumblr. Note: I do not know everything about SHINee so if I say something that offends you Shawols, please do note hate me. Also, remember this is just my own opinion. OPINIONS~ Now let's move on with the review~

I'm going to review the MV first since MVs are important too yo. The MV was interesting, I can say that. Although, when I first looked it, it reminded me of their MV for Breaking News. I guess it was because of the setting of the MV. The beginning of the MV kinda creeped in a way. Like we got this miniature people with masks and birds and everything is in black and white. But after the beginning, we never saw those miniature people again. What happened to them? I'm so curious about what happened. I actually really like the close-ups in this MV, they're really nice~

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet but I feel like one of the themes for the MV is toys, or specifically toy soldiers. This mostly because of the choreography because in some parts of the choreography (from what I remember of the choreography.) Well besides that, everyone is really in sync when it comes to the dance as well. And the dance moves are really sharp and spot on. It really compliments the song. Although, to be honest, the dance didn't really wow me. I feel like SHINee can do more than this. The dance is decent and good I can say that but I feel like SHINee can do more. They're better than this.

I really like the use of the black and white in this MV, it really compliments it. The individual scenes of the guys with some random object - like Taemin (was it Taemin? I can't tell, it's been so long since I last touched on SHINee anyways) had this glass bear or glass cat - it felt like they were doing a Throwback to UKISS' Stop Girl, which also used black and white and the members of UKISS had individual scenes with a random object. So yea, I remembered that when I was watching the MV for "Everybody."

I feel like using military-like outfits is a SM thing now. Like we had Shoujo Jidai who wore military-like outfits for their MV for Genie, and now we have SHINee. lol. I actually do like the outfits they used for the dance shots. The outfits for other scenes in the MV were okay and decent too. Koreans are so fashionable, man. I want to go to Seoul and do my clothes shopping there, lol.

So to finish up my review on the MV, it's pretty good for a comeback. It's a good MV and I like it - it's cool. It's a really fast-paced MV in my opinion so it was kind hard to keep up on certain points in the MV. Oh man, if I had to gifed this MV, it's gonna be hard since it's really fast-paced. So yea, overall, it's a pretty good MV. They really put a lot of effort into this MV. SHINee is back

So let's move on with the songs from the mini-album. Let's start off with track #1 aka the title track, Everybody. This song is dubstep. There's so much electropop and dubstep this year. Like seriously, I have no grudge against it but I'm starting to get a bit tired of here electro because well Morning Musume uses to so much electro and autotune now. So yea. It's a really good song and this is a song you can just randomly dance to. The dance and the song matches perfectly, they compliment each other. This is a really good song to use for the comeback. To me, the song shouts out "BAM! SHINEE IS BACK."

Symptoms is the second track one the mini-album. And I heard from a lot of people how they preferred this over Everybody. I'll admit, Symptoms is a really good and nice song. The lyrics are really nice and the guys really sang well in this. Their voices are powerful in this pop ballad - well it's not really a balladish but to me it is. Symptoms is one of my favorite songs from SHINee by far and I especially love the chorus. However, when deciding which song should be used as the title track - the comeback song? To be honest, I prefer Everybody over Symptoms. It's a nice song but it's not really a comeback-like song.

Queen of New York is the third track of the mini-album. This song, I don't really like it as much. But it has a nice instrumental to it - I can admit it. I feel like this is a seriously a fashion song. Like I can imagine somehow using this song as the theme song for a fashion show. No offense but I feel like this is a filler song for the mini-album. Like they needed one more song for the tracklist so somehow they just squeezed this song in. I feel like they can do more than this. Like maybe, if they put a tiny bit more effort in this - this song would be really good.

One Minute Back is the next track of this mini-album and I can say that I like this more than Queen of New York. It's a really nice song to listen to and the guys did great in this. I feel like I heard this song before from another KPOP artist. I don't know. The song just reminds me of another song that I feel like I heard before. I rally the chorus for this song, it's catchy. It's really catchy, I definitely like the chorus. It feel like this song has that rap/hip-hop feel to it but it's not a rap/hip-hop song. I don't know, that's just how I feel. I know I'm stupid but this is my opinion. Yes.

Destination is kind of the same with Queen of New York. I didn't really like this song as much. It's okay to listen to and I feel like you can really use that song for a fashion show. I can't really get hooked onto this song, there's really nothing catchy in the song. I feel like this is just another filler song for the album. SHINee can do better than this and I know they can. I wish that more effort was put into this song as well. I feel like it has potential - someone just needs to do something with this song. Remix it, anything. I know with a bit more effort, this song can really be good. 

Close The Door is a really good song with nice soft melody to it. However, it doesn't fit the image of the mini-album. It feels really out of the place. Close The Door is a nice song, and I have no grudge against it. I like the song. However, comparing it to other songs like One Minute Back and Queen of New York, this song just doesn't fit in. Like if this song appeared on another album, it would be great. However, the image SHINee is trying to go for in this mini-album is hardcore, fashion, and all that. And this song just didn't really fit in. I don't know if I worded this entire thing for Close The Door perfectly, iono. I just hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say for Close The Door.

Colorful is the last track of the album and I love this song. This is such an upbeat and happy song. It's a happy song~ I really love it~ It's not hardcore and all that, it's fun and peppy and it has the sweet feeling to it. I really want to see an MV for this. Like I can imagine the MV for this to be all colorful and happy and lots and lots of rainbows~ This is one of my favorite songs from the album. However, like the Close The Door, it doesn't really fit the image of the mini-album. But I feel like it balances it out. Like they're using Close The Door and Colorful to balance out the hardcore-ness of the other songs. At least that's what I feel they're trying to do. Overall, I really like Colorful. It's a happy song~

So overall, this mini-album is really good. If there's any KPOP fans reading this, if you're thinking of buying this mini-album, then I recommend buying it. It's a pretty good mini-album I like a majority of the songs and I might end up buying it in the future if I get the chance~ My cousin, Mayu (I'm pretty sure you guys remember her, she called me up in the middle of the night because of EXO), got the album and the packaging looks really cool and nice so I want to get it~ Hehe~

So that's all for this review~ If there's anything you guys want me to review then go onto this post here and comment~ You can request for more than one thing~ --> (click here for post) Until my next post~ Jyaa ne~
----------------------------------
Song: "Keeping Love Again" by SHINee
Mood: I'm good~ ٩(^ᴗ^)۶

Comments

Popular Posts