Final Days with Berryz ♦ 'Koi no Jubaku' Single + MV Review

The countdown to Berryz Koubou's final concert has started. And like most idol bloggers, I've decided to also do a final week-long review of Berryz Koubou before their departure. I will reviewing at least (at a minimum) five songs from them and do two additional posts. For my first entry, I've decided to review a song that I hold precious in my heart-

KOI NO JUBAKU ♫・*:.。. .。.:*・

(○´・∀・)o<・。:*゚;+・。:*゚;+・。:*゚;+・。:*゚;+・。:*゚;+・。:*゚;+・。:*゚;+・。:*゚;+

If I recall correctly, this is their 5th single. And oh my god, this is actually a really good song. This is the first song that I listened to from this era of Berryz Koubou; the chibi era. When I first watched the music video, I was absolutely in shock of how different they all looked back then. Nonetheless, I fell in love with the song right away. It was just so catchy and made the twelve year-old me very very happy. I listened to it a lot since then. I still listen to it a lot now!

- - 01. 恋の呪縛 - - 

Ever since I first listened to thus song, it has become one of my most favorite Berryz Koubou songs of all time. I'm not kidding, I'm actually very serious. This is the first song from the chibi era that I listened to. Although I was a bit shocked by how young they looked how high and squeaky their voices were back then... I still really love the song. This is a very precious song that I hold dear in my heart. I do hope that they perform this song in their last concert.

Let's start talking about the music video. It's not really a very unique music video. It's within Hello! Project standards. It was decent... enough. It didn't technically 'WOW!' me. However, I still kinda liked it. It had a very decent setting; there was a school setting and a white box setting for the dance shot. In my opinion, I think that the music video did kinda go well with the song. If you read the lyrics, you'll understand what I mean by that.

To be honest, there wasn't that much fluency within the music video. I found that the scenes for the dance shot did not go very well with the rest of the music video. Don't misunderstand. I really like the dance. It's quite simple yet goes along with the beat of the song very well. However, I didn't like those scenes. It felt out of place. In my opinion, it would've been better if they stuck to the school setting. They should've filmed the dance shot in the classroom setting.

The outfits were actually pretty nice in the music video. I do love how they have two outfits for the video: the school uniform/casual attire and the red/yellow oriental kimono-like outfits. The red and yellow outfits were quite memorable to me. They're very iconic for this song. However, just like the dance shot, it felt out of place. Now that I look back on it, I love the school/casual attire more. I love Maiha's outfit. It's the type of outfit that I would normally wear.

When I first watched this music video, I was just so in shock of how young they look. My first song from Berryz Koubou that I listened to.. it was their their teenage years. And then I stumbled onto this video. The twelve year-old me was just so in shock after watching the music video for the first stuff. I was constantly questioning myself "Who are they? Wait, is that Miyabi? I know for sure that's Momoko. Wait, why are there eight people? I thought there was only seven members!" Everyone looked so young yet very cute. What the heck happened to them?

I think Maiha really stood out to me in this music video. It was because of this music video that I came to knew her for the first time. She was very cute in this music video. She really looked great in her somewhat boyish casual attire. Yet she looked really cute in her yellow dress for the dance shot. Saki looks so different in this music video as well. Risako also look very different. She was a lot cuter and had a much more innocent look on her face. And Momoko... Wow, she did not changed at all. Oh god.

So now, let's talk about the song~ In my opinion, it has a bit of an oriental sound to it... If you squint, you'll see it. Now I know why they made the red/yellow kimono-like dresses... that make's sense. It was a very catchy song. I really loved the song when I first listen to it. I still love the song now. It has a very steady beat to it- nothing feels out of place. You can seriously follow along with the song very well. The lyrics are quite easy to remember too. 

I think all the girls delivered pretty good vocals in this song. Back then, everyone had like very high voices, in my opinion. And since then, their voices gradually changed. When asked whether I like the original version or more recent versions (performed in later, recent concerts)- I like both of them. For most of the concert performances I watched from it, the girls do deliver decent vocals. I like all the performances of the 'Koi no Jubaku.'

I actually like the lyrics for the song. I feel like it's realistic, one can really relate to this. Personally, I can relate to this song in some parts. However, I won't trouble you all with my personal life stories~ Hahaha! My favorite parts of the song would have to the be chorus. I love the chorus and it really does get stuck into your head. Overall, this is a very good song! I don't really think that there's anyone who doesn't like it. /shrugs;

- - 02. パッション E-CHA E-CHA - - 
 
I'll be completely honest, I have never really listened to this song until now. It was one of those filler songs on my iPod. Don't judge me, people. I know everyone has one of those filler songs on their mp3 players that never listen to but never delete. I always have the tendency to skip this song when it comes on. It just never really impressed me. /shrug;

Now that I actually sat down and thoroughly listened to this song from start to finish, I find that it's a very cute song. I feel like it's an anime song. Like somehow, you can hear this song as the BGM to a girly anime or to a cute otome game, or something. That's how it makes me feel. It has that very casual walking-pace beat to it.  It's very easy on the ears. It doesn't overwhelm you that much. This is seriously a cute song. However, it's still not that memorable.

Honestly, I don't like the male voices in the song... No offense to Tsunku and Takeuchi Hiroaki. I feel like the song could've been better if the girls sang on their own. With the male voices, it just sounds... eh, not-so-good as it could've been. I think that this is the same situation was what happened with Morning Musume's Pyoko Pyoko Ultra. The male voices from that song just turned me off. I was turned off by the male voices in this song. Like... why?

Overall, it's a very cute song. It's very light-hearted and has a happy beat to it. It's a bit of shame that it was never performed live in a concert. I wonder how they would've performed it live. It's not that memorable; however, I think that it was will gradually grow onto me over time.

(○´・∀・)o<・。:*゚;+・。:*゚;+・。:*゚;+・。:*゚;+・。:*゚;+・。:*゚;+・。:*゚;+・。:*゚;+

This is a pretty good single from Berryz Koubou. To me, a lot of songs from the chibi era are very memorable. There's 21ji Made no Cinderella, Special Generation, Sabori, etc. There's a lot of good songs. I wonder if I'll have the time to review them all? Maybe?~ We'll just have to wait and see.

MUSIC; 恋詩 / 安田レイ
MOOD; Pretty Productive, actually.. 「(°ヘ°)

Comments

Popular Posts