Final Days with Berryz ♦ SPARK BOY! 'Otakebi Boy WAO! / Tomodachi wa Tomodachi Nanda!' Single + MV Review!

I'm sorry for being pretty late with this review, I need to start catching up. Anyways, today I'll be reviewing a single from their Inazuma Eleven era~ Berryz Koubou has been known to create the ending themes for the original Inazuma Eleven anime. And I decided to review one of them. Today, I shall be review...

OTAKEBI BOY WAO! / TOMODACHI WA TOMODACHI NANDA!

☆*:.。.☆*:.。.☆*:.。.☆*:.。.☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆.。.:*☆.。.:*☆.。.:*☆.。.:*☆

Berryz Koubou has been known to create the ending themes of the original Inazuma Eleven, as said before. They sang all of the ending songs, with the exception of the first ending. It was because of Berryz Koubou that I got into Inazuma Eleven. I really did love the anime! Going back and listening to these songs again brought back many memories for me. This single isn't technically a favorite. In fact, I prefer 'Ryuusei Boy.' However, I still enjoyed listening to these songs. They're pretty catchy and unique in their own way!

- - 01. 雄叫びボーイ WAO! - -

So let's start of the music video, as always. Honestly, the music video did not impress me at all. They were basically using green screen for the entire thing. It looked pretty cheap at some points. However, I decided to tolerate it.. somehow. This is just another standard music video from Hello! Project. Even back when I was younger, I didn't like this music video. However, now that I think about it.. The entire space setting (ish) for the music video kinda makes sense for Inazuma Eleven. Inazuma Eleven was a bit extraterrestrial at one point in the anime. And I believe it was the same for Inazuma Eleven Go!

The setting was of a barren wasteland with a few fires, lightning, and storm clouds. I interpreted this in two ways- one was the it was an extraterrestrial planet. The second way was that it was the aftermath of a battle on Earth. I mostly interpreted it as an extraterrestrial planet, due to the girls' outfits. I'll go into more detail about the outfits later. The music video was a bit boring. They didn't really didn't do a lot. I was hoping that the girls would do more like battling. Part of the song title translates to 'War Cry' after all. Instead, they just mostly stood around.. did the so-called 'emotional run' and stuff.

The dance was rather pretty simple. It did go along with the beat of the song. However, it was still pretty boring. There wasn't really anything memorable about the dance at all, except for the 'WAO WAO' parts. I was quite disappointed. Berryz Koubou is a group of pretty good dancers. They can do much better than this. The music video can be a big flop for all I care, but the dance is an important aspect of it. They can't really screw it up that badly- oh wait, they kinda did. I wish more effort was put into the dancing.

So then what about the outfits? You know, I actually do like those pink outfits. I think it suits the setting very well- the extraterrestrial planet/aftermath of the battle. They almost look like battle outfits. It's a bit ironic since the girls didn't do any battling in the music video. At first, I thought that they looked like aliens- the outfits gave off that kind of feel. Also, there was the fake laser guns and the star headphones. There was the extraterrestrial theme going on in the music video.

Nonetheless, the girls still rocked those outfits. I think everyone looked amazing. In my opinion, I think Risako and Yurina stood out to me. They just look amazing. Maasa also stood out to me too. Although, there was Miyabi and Momoko... I didn't technically like her hairstyle in this music video. That's just my own personal opinion. Also, Momoko looked quite awkward in this music video. An extraterrestrial battle theme does not suit her character. Overall, this was not quite a good music video. However, it's passable.. somewhat.

Now let's move on with the song. If I recall correctly, this was used as the fourth opening for Inazuma Eleven. I honestly feel that this song was perfect for the anime. However, they should've used it during the earlier Aliea/Genesis era. They should've use the song as the second opening, but what happens happens. It can't be helped. While I don't like the music video, I really do like this song. In my opinion, this song is a little bit different from what I see from Berryz Koubou.

There's a strong sense of power within the song. It's a song of encouragement, from how I interpret it. The girls were singing in somewhat lower voices with lots of strength in them! I honestly liked that. I wish they would sing more songs with the same sense of power and strength. They are a group of very good vocalists, after all. They have the ability to do so. However, it's unfortunate that in recent years- they were taken for granted and subbed as an experiment group.

This was a very catchy song, nonetheless. It's not technically my most favorite song from Berryz Koubou. However, it's at least above the halfway mark. My favorite parts would have to be 'SPARK BOY!' and the last line in the chorus. Whether or not they choose to perform this song at their final concert, it's completely up to them. However, I think that it would be nice if they performed this in a medley of some sort.

- - 02. 友達は友達なんだ! - -

And now let's start talking about the other A-side to this single. The song title translates to 'a friend is a friend.' As of recently, I've found out that this song was dedicated to the former member of Berryz Koubou, Ishimura Maiha. I found that to be quite touching. Even though Maiha graduated from the group years before, they still keep her in mind. Usually when a person graduates from their group, the band rarely mentions the former members unless they're super popular. So knowing that they kept Maiha in mind- that's really good.

However, despite this, I find the song to be absolutely boring. I do love the music video though. As always, let's start talking about the music video. I feel as if they put all the money into this music video. Honestly, this has become one of my favorite music videos from Berryz Koubou. It's a very memorable to me. I couldn't really find one thing that I disliked about the music video. And if there was something bad about the music video, the good outweighs it.

The music video was absolutely adorable. The setting was quite simple at first. the girls were placed in a simply white room, that had some furniture in it, for the dance shot. And then they also had scenes in another simple room that resembles in a living room in a way. It was very simple, but at least they didn't overdo~ I honestly like these kind of settings. Also, I want to point out that they went to the beach. They went to beach-! And then at the end, the girls spelled the word 'friends' on the wall with polaroid pictures.

The dance was rather simply; however, I think it's still a bit better than 'Otakebi Boy WAO!' It's rather simple and I think everyone can learn the dance fairly easily. I know from experience. I learned the routine to this dance. It really compliments the song. I'm not particularly a fan of the close-ups. I think they should've used a different background. Like, they could've used the living room setting. However, that's just a menial thing. I'll let that slide for now~

I absolutely love the outfits for the music video. Although they could've use a pop of color, it's still fine~ These are the types of outfits that I would like to wear. However, I'm a pretty petite person so.. they wouldn't fit me anyways. In terms of outfits, I think I love Chinami's and Miyabi's outfits the most. In the music video, everyone stood out to me equally. No one was better than the other. They were all smiling and looked pretty happy in the music video.

However, despite the pretty good music video, the song fails to live up to it. While it is a very touching song about friendship.. it was really boring. There wasn't anything part of the song that stuck out to me. It didn't have that catchy hook that I needed. While 'Otakebi Boy WAO!' was a pretty good song with a bad music video, 'Tomodachi wa Tomoadachi Nanda!' had a very good music video.. but a pretty boring song. It's quite unfortunate.

The instrumental was quite boring. However, the girls do deliver good vocals for the song. Also, I really like how each of the members received at least one solo line for the song. The line distribution wasn't completely equal- the main vocalists are still Miyabi, Risako, and Momoko. However, it's still nice to see everyone singing at least one solo line. I really do love the lyrics for the song. They have meaning to them. I feel like everyone can relate to this song. Personally, I can somewhat relate to this song.

This is a very touching song about friendship. Whether or not they should perform this at their final concert.. I think they should. This could be like the second-to-last song. Honestly, I would like to see Maiha singing this with the group. That would be really interesting. However, that's just my opinion~ Overall, this song had very meaningful lyrics. Yet the instrumental was not that good. The music video was absolutely great. I love it!

☆*:.。.☆*:.。.☆*:.。.☆*:.。.☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆.。.:*☆.。.:*☆.。.:*☆.。.:*☆

And that's it for my review on Berryz Koubou's 'Otakebi Boy WAO! / Tomodachi wa Tomodachi Nanda!' single. I'm sorry if this review seemed a bit rushed and random.. I have the tendency to ramble a lot. Also, I wanted to get this review done so I can move onto the next review of Berryz Koubou. Hopefully, I can post that later today. Until my next post, jyaa ne~

MUSIC; Dreamin' Together ft. Little Mix / Flower
MOOD; Cheerful. I don't why, I feel cute today. ❣◕ ‿ ◕❣

Comments

Popular Posts