Final Days with Berryz ♦ 'Dakishimete Dakishimete' Single + MV Review!

This is where it all began. This is a song that started it all- the song that made me fall in love with Berryz Koubou in the beginning. It's my most favorite song from them. No matter what, I'll always really like this song. It's not my favorite single, but I do like the A-side. Today, I shall be reviewing...

DAKISHIMETE DAKISHIMETE

✿♬゚+✿♬゚+✿♬゚+✿♬゚+.(。◡‿◡)♪.+゚♬✿+゚♬✿+゚♬✿+゚♬✿。

When I first became a real J-pop fan, I first listened to Buono! because of Shugo Chara. My favorite member at that time was Miyabi. I was scrolling through YouTube, looking for more Buono! videos to watch, and then I stumbled onto this song. The ten-eleven year-old me was just so in shock. I had no idea who everyone was. I only recognized Miyabi and Momoko (somehow I mistaken her for Airi in the music video, whut?) Nonetheless, let's start the review!

- - 01. 抱きしめて 抱きしめて - -

As always, let's start talking about the music video first. The music video was pretty decent- it was just your basic Hello! Project music video. The music video never really stood out. Now that I look watch the music video again (right now), I find it to be really really boring. Back when I was younger, I was easily impressed. I remember going all crazy and saying "Wow! This is such a cool music video." It's not, it's not. It's actually a really boring music video.

The girls were placed in a set that supposedly resembles a club of some sort. There was a disco balls in the back, a turn table in the center, large speakers, and crazy color lights. This is probably the most boring 'club' that I have ever seen, oh my god. The setting was very lackluster. There was practically no life within that music video. The setting felt so empty. There was a lot of negative space. The individual scenes that we got were the girls taking turn being the 'DJ' at the turn table. And the group shots where of them just turning their heads back at the camera..

That's it? Really? They seriously went a little bit too cheap on this music video. I was expecting the setting to be more lively! I wanted to see the girls partying and having fun. I want to see them smile and laugh. Maybe they could've brought in the members of ºC-ute or Morning Musume. Instead, in the music video, we see the girls trying to act cool. Yes, that's fine in some shots but at least try to show a bit more emotion than that. This is seriously the most boring 'club' that I have ever seen, evaaaaaar.

A lot of the music video simply focused on the dance shot, which is a bit boring in my opinion. However, at least it follows the beat of the song very well. In my opinion, it's a rather easy dance to learn. I know from experience. This was the first J-pop song that I learned the actual dance routine to. I was going to film dance cover back then, but... I was lazy and I don't have a camera. I do like how they grouped the girls based on their outfits.

I do absolutely approve of the outfits. Those are the type of outfits that I want to wear. It's very cool with a pinch of punk in there. Back to what I was saying on how they grouped the girls; Risako, Momoko, and Chinami were wearing 'warm' color outfits (red, brown). Miyabi, Yurina, Maasa, and Saki were wearing 'cool' color outfits (blue, purple). So it's like hot vs. cold, warm colors vs. cool colors. I found that to be pretty interesting. In my opinion, I think Miyabi stood out the most for me. Risako also stood out to me too.

The song does have a bit of a club feel to it. Thus, they tried to have a club setting for the music video... and ultimately failed. It's a very upbeat song that will make you want to dance. If you squint, it has a bit of an oriental feel to it? In like a few spots during the song, it has a bit of an oriental feel to it. /shrug; It's a very loud song that will help get your tension up!

I think all the girls delivered good vocals in this song, including Risako. I like most of the live performances of this song. No one sounds out of place. What I like about 'Dakishimete Dakishimete' is that everyone has at least one solo line in this song. Using, during that time period, Risako and Miyabi would dominate the song with a pinch of Momoko and Yurina. It was nice that everyone got at least one solo line in this song. This is seriously a catchy song. I do adore it. While it's not as popular like 'Piriri to Yukou!' - it's still a pretty good song nonetheless.

- - 02. そのすべての愛に - -

And now, we have the B-side to this single. Like almost every other B-side from Berryz Koubou, I never truly listened to it until now. It was just another filler song on my iPod. I never listened to it, but I don't want to delete it. From what I observe, this song is more popular and well-known compared to 'Dakishimete Dakishimete.' I think Miyabi sang this solo once. I'm not so sure. I need to double-check on that. After sitting down and actually listening to it, I have some mixed feelings about the song.

In the beginning, the song looks very promising and I was immediately drawn to it. At first, it sounded like a gentle and soft ballad. Everyone sounded absolutely lovely. Risako was screeching a bit, but I'll let it slide for now. In my own opinion, I think Yurina and Maasa sounded the best.  Everything seemed perfect until the chorus. The instrumental was very soft and slow and then, it starts to become quicker around the chorus. I didn't really like that. I would've preferred for the song to be slow and gentle from start to finish.

It is a beautiful song that could bring tears to your eyes. It really messes up your heartstrings for a little bit there. The lyrics are very meaning and touching. I do hope that they perform this song at their final concert. It's a lovely song. I think it will grow onto me after a few more listens. I like it, it's a very nice song.

✿♬゚+✿♬゚+✿♬゚+✿♬゚+.(。◡‿◡)♪.+゚♬✿+゚♬✿+゚♬✿+゚♬✿。

And that's it for today's review! I'm sorry I didn't post anything yesterday. I was extremely exhausted and busy with schoolwork. Today, I'm also busy with schoolwork despite it being a snow day. I promise that on Friday and Saturday, I'll post more entries on Berryz Koubou. Hint, hint~ The next song I'm reviewing will be from the Inazuma Eleven era~ Until my next entry, jyaa ne~

MUSIC; 命は美しい / 乃木坂46
MOOD; Still tired from homework.. (´□`川)

Comments

Popular Posts