Throwback Thursday! ˚C-ute's 'I miss you / THE FUTURE' Single + MV Review!

I've honestly been meaning to do this review since November of last year. However, I didn't post this review until now for two reasons; school and laziness. Those are two very legit reasons there!


。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.ヽ(*´∀`*)ノ.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.

It really has been some time since I last reviewed ºC-ute. I think the last thing I reviewed from them was 'The Power / Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version).' And I posted that review last summer. I swear, my laziness can really be something. There is still so much that I want to review but I never had the energy to do so. 2015 is going to be different! I'm going to try to be more active and allocate my schedule better. As of recently, I do have more free time compared to before.

Alas, it's another typical double A-side single from Hello! Project. Honestly, I'm seriously missing the B-side songs. When was the last time ºC-ute actually had B-sides in their single? 'Tokai no Hitorigurashi / Ai tte Motto Zanshin'? That was nearly two years ago... I'm really hoping that Hello! Project would start bringing back the B-sides this year. Nonetheless, this is still a pretty good single.

Now, let's move on with the single review! Hooray! ☆

- - 01. I miss you - -

I'll be really honest right now- I had totally forgotten that this song existed until like a week before the music video was released. I never knew that the radio rip was released. It wasn't until I was randomly scrolling through a Hello! Project page on Facebook that I remembered. And let me tell you this, the song blew my mind. It totally blew me away! Yes, it was that good of a song. I had to withdraw from fangirling in class. This is completely different from what I heard from ˚C-ute. Now we know where all the money went to- this song.

So let's start talking about the music video first. Again, this type of music video is a lot different from what I usually see; it's a step up. It's beyond Hello! Project standards. They actually have a real setting. They stick the girls in some random box set in the studio, thank god. Also, I do really like how they filmed this music video. They almost made it seem like it was actually done in one shot, but it wasn't. But still, I really do like it. I found it to be a bit clever in a way.

Although, no matter how good the music video may seem- there are some aspects of it that I don't really like. First of it, I didn't really like the blue frames that they used to distinguish the different shots. I honestly didn't think that it look very appealing. At the same time, the lyrics ruined the music video as well. Remember how back then- everyone hated the white bold lyrics that appeared on videos back in 2013? I honestly didn't care- until now. The white lyrics really did made the music video less appealing as well. I can't gif this video. /cries;

There wasn't really a dance in the music. Yes, there was a dance shot that was released. However, I don't consider it to be a real dance at all. They were mostly just either walking around or making random movements in a single spot. I think of ˚C-ute as a dance group. They're a group of an extremely good dancers. However, I just feel disappointed in them for this music video. I was really hoping that they had a good dance routine for this song. But they didn't. We could've had it all. Oh wells, I guess it can't be helped.

Nonetheless, the girls look really pretty in this music video. I love their outfits- Airi's and Mai's in particular. Those are the kind of outfits I want to wear when I'm a little bit older. But I can't. I'm really, really freakin' short. Airi, in particular, look extremely gorgeous in this music video. She definitely stood out to me. I'm a bit biased, okay? I can't help myself. I know you all were biased at one point too! Don't deny it! /whacked; I also found that Maimi really stood out to me as well. She was practically the center and that made me happy.

In my previous review on ˚C-ute, I was a bit sad that Maimi was getting a bit shafted to the back now with Chisato getting much more spotlight. Now, in this music video, Maimi's getting some of the spotlight back again. It's kinda like the ol' ºC-ute days. The JPOP Gods listened to me, ermahgawd.

Now let's move onto the song. Again, this song is a lot different from what I usually hear from ºC-ute. I don't know, but it has a bit of a somewhat dark, classical feel to it. It's practically in the same situation as Sexy Zone's 'Keep The Challenge.' That song also has a bit of classical feel to it- despite being really up-beat. But you know what? I still really like this song! I honestly think that this is a pretty good song from ºC-ute. It really did impress me. This may end up being one of my most favorite songs from the group by far. I'm serious.

There were so many things going on at the same time in this song. There were two verses/melodies/harmonies going on during the normal verses. When they came to the chorus, they were split into three. I found this to be really interesting. Yet at the same time, I did give me a bit of a headache at one point. (It was still worth it.) While this is good and different, it is also a bit bad as well. It made a bit hard to distinguish individual voices and follow along.

While Chisato and Airi were doing a great job on vocals as always, I feel that they really overpowered Mai and Saki. This is the case especially during the chorus. I could barely distinguish Mai and Saki's group lines from Chisato and Airi. I could barely follow along. I do feel like Saki and Mai should work into projecting their voices out better - sound stronger and especially louder. Maimi was a lead vocalist in this song, I'm really happy~ They're back to the Maimi-Airi lead again. It really made me feel a bit nostalgic and think back to all the ol' ºC-ute songs such as 'Namida no Iro,' 'Dance de Bakoon,' 'Forever Love,' etc.

- - 01. THE FUTURE - -

I listened to the radio rip of 'THE FUTURE' around the same time I listened to the radio rip for 'I miss you.' I did forget that this song existed until one week before the music videos were released onto Hello! Station. Although I did like the song, I liked 'I miss you' more. It took some time for me to like the song again. It grew onto me eventually. However, it's still my least favorite of the two songs. Nonetheless, it's still a pretty decent song. It's good.

So let's start off with the music video again, like before. This music video is a bit different for Hello! Project standards. However, it didn't particularly 'WOW' me that much. There was quite some things that I didn't really like the music video. For every good thing that I spot, there was something always iffy at the other end of the stick. Even up to this day, I can't quite ultimately decided whether to like the music video or to dislike it. /whacked; I know, I'm the worst. Err-

Unlike the other music video, there is a real dance routine for 'THE FUTURE.' Thank you. I honestly do really like the dance for it. I think it was memorable. It's very fast-paced but I think that it's pretty easy enough to learn. The setting was quite so-and-so. It's still better than just sticking them in some sort of random box set in the studio. However, I find the whole dark warehouse setting is getting bit too.. common. It's so typical. But then again, this is H!P after all.

But can I just say, the entire music video was just sparkling. There was sparkles! It's not completely over the top like Morning Musume's 'One • Two • Three.' If you squint, you can see a little bit of glitter in the dance shots of the full music video. Everyone was shining~

The outfits are also a bit so-and-so for this music video. They wore two outfits for this music video. There wore an all black outfit and the more well-known shining, silvery pink and green outfits. I thought that it was a bit of throwback to 'Love take it all.' I think everyone looks pretty in this music video. Mai really looked pretty in her black outfit with her hair down. However, they really need to tone down on her make-up. I noticed that she wore a bit too much blush?

While the mirror scenes seemed okay, I wasn't technically impressed with the over-dramatic 'acting' in this. I wasn't impressed with Chisato's so called 'cry/scream.' It made me laugh, to be honest. At least Airi's was a bit more believable, but I still wasn't impressed with her act either. However, nonetheless, I really think that ˚C-ute should try to improve in their acting when it comes to more serious and sorrowful scenes like this.

Now, let's move onto the song~ When I first listened to the radio rip, I thought that it was just another decent song from the group. It didn't technically blew me away like 'I miss you.' However, I like it. It eventually grew onto me. The song have me a bit of a video game-ish feel to it. I'm seriously. It had that sort of video game-digital feel to it, especially during the introduction of the song. The song also had a bit of an EDM/electro-bubblegum pop feel to it. It's very fast-paced song yet catchy at the same time too.

They are back with the usual Airi-Chisato lead as always. However, the other three members still have their fair share of solo lines as well. I think that Airi and Chisato really did good in this songs. Well, they're the lead vocalists. Of course they're supposed to be good. In my opinion, Mai was a little bit weak in this song. It's the same for Saki too. They're good singers; however, I really want them to work on projecting their vocals louder and stronger.

。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.ヽ(*´∀`*)ノ.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。.✶゚ฺ。。゚✶ฺ.。゚✶ฺ.

Well, that's it for my review on ˚C-ute's last double A-side single for 2014. I might buy the single, I might not. Who knows? There were some things I was iffy about. Nonetheless, this is still a pretty good single from ˚C-ute. I'm looking forward to what they have to bring for 2015. I heard that they're releasing a triple A-side in April. However, I'm still a little bit worried. We'll just have to wait and see. Hello! Project is really going all out with double and triple A-sides...

Where are the B-sides? (ノ ゚Д゚)ノ ==== ┻━━┻

Until my next entry, jyaa ne~

MUSIC; ヤンキーボーイ・ヤンキーガール / kradness
MOOD; I should really do my homework. ヽ(・_・;)ノ But I'm too lazy. (▰˘o˘▰)

Comments

Popular Posts